PDA

View Full Version : John Mohler DoD Speaker and Awards Forger

Team Sergeant
07-17-2013, 11:40
E. John Mohler aka Elias John Mohler aka John Mohler

John Mohler not even forging your own military records is safe these days, as you just found out.

And John Mohler, never , never , never lie about your military awards when Mary Schantag is sitting right in front of you.....:rolleyes:

We have your military records and your officer records, we also have the awards you forged including your forged Distinguished Service Cross. See John Mohler, once you falsify your records it's extremely difficult to un-falsify them..... even if it was done 35 years ago.

John Mohler you enjoy being the center of attention so enjoy this 15 minutes of fame, you earned it scumbag.

On the upside, great article by Bryant Jordan!!!!! (And well done Mary Schantag!!!!)

Critics: Former DoD Speaker 'Salted' War Record
Jul 17, 2013
Military.com| by Bryant Jordan

Vietnam veterans and family members, as well as families of those who never returned from the war, gathered May 18 in Branson, Mo., to recall their service and honor the fallen as part of an official observance of the Vietnam War.
As the master of ceremonies introduced keynote speaker John Mohler -- Vietnam combat vet, successful business consultant and official representative of the Defense Department’s Vietnam War Commemoration -- Mary Schantag, chairwoman of POW Network, saw looks of concern and disbelief from many in the crowd.
Schantag, who also is an expert on phony war heroes, said the emcee read a portion of Mohler’s biography. “Three Silver Stars, seven Bronze Star Medals for Valor, five Army Commendation Medals for Valor, two Purple Hearts.”
“And that’s when everybody looked at me,” Schantag told Military.com. “He stood up in front of Gold Star mothers who lost their sons, widows who lost their husbands, and he had the nerve to stand up there in front of them with all this. Despicable is not the word.”
After the event, Schantag began going over her notes and records. Not only did she learn Mohler had previously claimed to have the Distinguished Service Cross -- ranked just below the Medal of Honor -- and to have been a Ranger, a Green Beret and given a “battlefield promotion,” but she was shocked to find he had already been found out and reported to the Pentagon in 2006.
“Here he was back on the speakers’ circuit for DoD seven years later,” she said.

Next morning, she confronted Mohler.

“I looked him right in the face and said “I’m going to be your worst nightmare.”
Cont:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/07/17/critics-former-dod-speaker-salted-war-record.html?comp=1198882887570&rank=1

Team Sergeant
07-17-2013, 11:52
John Mohler

Consultant, New Business Initiatives and Capture Management
Washington D.C. Metro Area Management Consulting

John Mohler's Overview
Current Board of Advisors at JMH Group
Principal at IN THE COMPANY OF GREAT PEOPLE - The Nemacolin Business Group
Past Consultant at DOD Vietnam War Commemoration Commission
Board of Advisors at Broadbase Technologies
Business Development Lead at AsiaPacific Arc

see all
Education The George Washington University
University of Bonn, Germany
University of Pittsburgh

see all
Recommendations
2 people have recommended John
Connections
451 connections

John Mohler's Summary

Business Development And Capture Management Professional

Goals:
Hands-On Consulting position with a mid-sized, evolving company that allows me to use my experience and skills to -- Create & Capture new business, grow markets, and help take the company to the next level of revenue and growth.

Core Competencies:
Business Development, Capture & Proposal Professional • Strategic Planning • Program Managemen • Non-Profit Management

Areas of Experience:
National-Level Event Management & Security • Border Security • Critical Infrastructure Protection • Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) • International Supply Chain Security and Efficiency • Asset Visibility and Security • Intelligent Transportation Systems • Counter Narcotics and Hijacking

John Mohler's Experience

Board of Advisors

JMH Group

2012 – Present (1 year) Washington, DC metro area

Business Development & Consulting Services for Transportation & Infrstructure, Domestic & International Security, Energy, Health Care.

Principal

IN THE COMPANY OF GREAT PEOPLE - The Nemacolin Business Group

April 2011 – Present (2 years 4 months)

"GREAT PEOPLE" are primarily prior Military, Law Enforcement, or Security combatants, possessing unique experiences, skills, or both.

Nemacolin is a Service Disabled, Non-Profit Consultancy focused on (a) Business Development, Capture Management, and (b) placement of "Great People", - primarily intended to Recognize and Honor "Great People" and their families.

Consultant

DOD Vietnam War Commemoration Commission

March 2012 – June 2013 (1 year 4 months) Arlington, VA

Team member for planning and security of the first National Welcome Home Day to Vietnam Veterans to be held throughout the US on 30 March 2013. These events will be attended by senior national political and military leaders.

Team Leader for planning and security for the DOD public recognition event of the CIA-sponsored Lao-Hmong Special Guerrilla Units who fought the "Secret War" during the Vietnam the Vietnam War era.

Participated as a team member conducting operations in support of the President Obama's inaugural Memorial Day Vietnam Commemoration Ceremony, which showcased the Presidential Proclamation thanking Vietnam War Veterans and established a nation-wide, community-based commemoration plan.

Team member for planning, implementation & security of the 2012, 25th Infantry Division Commemoration event in Chicago.

Team member for planning,implementaiton & security of the Chicago 2012 Veterans Day Commemoration that will included White House, Congressional, DOD officials, and Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

Board of Advisors

Broadbase Technologies

January 2012 – May 2013 (1 year 5 months) Northern Virginia

Veteran owned small businss providing Program Management & Acquisition Management Support to Federal customers in the areas of Intelligence, Security, Information Technology, Facilities Management.

Business Development Lead

AsiaPacific Arc

April 2011 – August 2012 (1 year 5 months) Washington DC metro area

Business Development and Capture support to Asia-Pacific companies targeting U.S. Partnerships in areas of Technology Innovation and Insertion; Transportation Infrastructure & Security; Homeland Security; International Security Operations.

Consultant, New Business Initiatives and Capture Management

United Negro College Fund Special Projects (UNCFSP)

Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Education Management industry

April 2011 – March 2012 (1 year) Northern Virginia

Mission is to identify, qualify and capture Government research and support opportunities, while including the nation's best Minority Serving Academic Institutions, to solve our nation's most pressing Security concerns.

Vice President, Business Development

4-D Security Solutions

2009 – April 2011 (2 years)

Senior Program Manager

Lockheed Martin

Public Company; 10,001+ employees; LMT; Defense & Space industry

2004 – 2009 (5 years)

Managed cross border transportation security projects

Vice President, Business Development

PAR Government Systems

1992 – 2004 (12 years)

Front end of the business opportunity identification and Capture Management

Manager of Army Programs

General Electric Aerospace

1984 – 1991 (7 years) Washington DC

Managed 5 person Business Development organization reponsible for Front end of the business opportunitiy indentification, and capture management.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-mohler/a/2b/677

Team Sergeant
07-17-2013, 12:00
John Mohler and the JMH Group Washington DC

http://www.jmhconsult.com/advisory-board.html

Team Sergeant
07-17-2013, 12:36
I wonder how that 5th Special Forces Group got in there?????? And this is the Library of Congress...... another lie.

The Library of Congress >> American Folklife Center
Veterans History Project (Library of Congress)

Elias John Mohler Collection

Biographical Information

Name: Elias John Mohler
State of Birth:PA
Home State:VA
Race:Unspecified
War or Conflict:Vietnam War, 1961-1975
Entrance into Service: Drafted
Branch of Service:Army
Unit of Service: 5th Special Forces; 4th Battalion, 23rd Infantry, 25th Infantry Division
Location of Service:Africa; United States; Vietnam; Central America
Highest Rank:Major
Prisoner of War:No

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/vhp/bib/18846

Team Sergeant
07-17-2013, 14:11
Elias John Mohler you could still be court-martialed for your crimes.

Did You Know? Retired Soldiers and the Uniform Code of Military Justice

WASHINGTON — Have you ever heard a retired Soldier say, “They can’t touch me now; I’ve retired.”? Fortunately, for the sake
of military justice, this is not true when it comes to retired Soldiers who violated the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ)
while they were on active duty or in a retired status.

Under Article 2 of the UCMJ, the Army maintains court-martial jurisdiction over retired personnel. Army Regulation 27-10,
Military Justice, states “Retired members of a regular component of the Armed Forces who are entitled to pay are subject to
the provisions of the UCMJ . . . and may be tried by court-martial for violations of the UCMJ that occurred while they were
on active duty or while in a retired status.” Department of the Army policy, however, does limit these trials to cases where
extraordinary circumstances are present. The Army normally declines to prosecute retired Soldiers unless their crimes have
clear ties to the military, or are clearly service discrediting. If necessary to facilitate courts-martial action, retired Soldiers may be ordered to active duty.

The regulation adds that “Retired Reserve Component Soldiers are subject to recall to active duty for the investigation of
UCMJ offenses they are alleged to have committed while in a Title 10 duty status, for trial by court-martial, or for proceedings
under UCMJ, Article 15.” Forfeitures imposed under the UCMJ, Article 15 may even be applied against a Soldier’s retired pay

http://www.armyg1.army.mil/rso/docs/echoes/2013_May-Aug_Army-Echoes.pdf

Team Sergeant
07-17-2013, 14:41
That "honest broker" line just cracks me up....... How many frauds have we exposed that work for Department of Homeland Security????? (Bill Hillar was also a consultant for DHS) TS

The Nemacolin Institute

About us

The Nemacolin Institute, Inc. is a Virginia 501(c)3 corp. formed to act as the single point of contact for the Nemacolin Consortium. We:
•Serve as an honest broker in support of homeland security projects, initiatives, and technologies.
•Oversee finances and quality control for Consortium teams.

•Facilitate U.S. government acquisition from small businesses and diverse providers.

•Enable Nemacolin Institute Consortium members to achieve the broadest reach.
John Mohler has led the Nemacolin Institute for the past five years. John is supported by Steven L. “Skip” Gibson and others who also have experience running for-profit and non-profit ventures.

John founded Nemacolin Institute in 2001, because he saw a need to provide quick reaction support to facilitate Homeland Security solutions, especially along the U.S. Northern Border. John was unable to sit by and watch while the U.S. continued to be put at risk by delays caused by a rigid procurement process.

The Nemacolin Institute, Inc. was reestablished in 2011 as a non-profit organization to allow more funding to flow directly into projects.

The Institute is named after Delaware Chief Nemacolin, who helped Ohio Company explorer Thomas Cresap mark a path for a roadway through the Mid-West. Similarly, The Nemacolin Institute helps show the way by which American business and U.S. government agency can work together for the good of our country.

http://thenemacolininstitute.org/About_us.html

SF18C
07-17-2013, 15:23
All I can say is WOW!

After reading about this story and reviewing all the source documentation...WOW!
This dude had elephant sized balls to pull off a fraud and forgery of this magnitude!

John.... I gotta say it: John Mohler is a Fruad and Forger! A falsifier of the first order!!!!

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger
And you don't lie to the face of Mary Schantag!

Great assist TS!

PRB
07-17-2013, 16:06
This guy had a great personal record .......
He pissed all over his own service

Ghost_Team
07-17-2013, 18:21
This guy had a great personal record .......
He pissed all over his own service

Yeah, but of course TS and the rest will be to blamed for outing this guy. He'll bitch and moan about how we and Mary "have it in for him" and we're "slandering his service because of jealousy" or some other shit.

Reading thru the threads lately, this game of Whack-A-Mole is getting busier and busier.

John Mohler is a fraud, and I'm glad all the pieces came together and he was publicly outed.

Team Sergeant
07-17-2013, 18:50
Yeah, but of course TS and the rest will be to blamed for outing this guy. He'll bitch and moan about how we and Mary "have it in for him" and we're "slandering his service because of jealousy" or some other shit.

He already had a lawyer contact Mary, I replied to the lawyer but no response.

Mohler is not going to take anyone to court and on the off chance he does it will make for an entertaining news article.

Right now he's still cleaning out his britches after reading the article on military.com.............;)

full cooler
07-17-2013, 20:05
. Right now he's still cleaning out his britches after reading the article on military.com.............;)

Some shit stains don't wash out that easily. Great job by all involved. Thanks TS for providing this communication.

Richard
07-17-2013, 20:29
My OMPF (like many here I am sure) is missing stuff - do y'all think JM can help me correct that w/o having to go through all the effin' review board rigamarole by a bunch of leg 71L's and 76Y's who are like a bunch of hawgs starin' at a wristwatch and have no idea what they're lookin' at?

Richard

UWOA
07-17-2013, 21:53
He already had a lawyer contact Mary, I replied to the lawyer but no response.

Mohler is not going to take anyone to court and on the off chance he does it will make for an entertaining news article.

Right now he's still cleaning out his britches after reading the article on military.com.............;)

If he does, let me know, I want to show up and testify. Mustering QPs should be one of our efforts -- a show of force would send the message that not only will we not go quietly into the night because of the threats of law suits ... we own the night!

Team Sergeant
07-18-2013, 19:47
John Mohler Awards Forger

Guess who's Linked-In page has gone missing??????? :munchin

That's ok John Mohler, we copied most of it knowing it would soon disappear. All frauds do the exact same thing you're doing now, damage control. It ain't going to help and the snowball is only going to grow. Hundreds of folks will now start going through every aspect of your fraud life and attempt to figure out where you might have told the truth and where you lied. It's just starting.

How bad can it get, Google "William Hillar & Special Forces", Bill just got out of prison after serving two years behind bars for doing about the same thing you did...... Rest easy, it took the FBI almost 90 days to arrest Bill Hillar after we exposed him.

You could go talk to him, he's lives in the area.......:munchin

Team Sergeant
07-18-2013, 19:57
John Mohler

Ouch, looks like the word is getting out to the industry folks....

National Defense Transportation Association (NDTA) Chapter 82

http://www.ndtascottstlouis.org/news

(They posted your story on their website, double ouch.......:munchin)

Joker
07-18-2013, 21:13
John Mohler fraud, come forth and explain why you did what you did.

RB
07-19-2013, 06:08
John Mohler fraud, that had to hurt a lot. :lifter

Time for his mouthpiece Cummings to intro and make a statement. Lots of "industry" folks are waiting.

:munchin

MR2
07-19-2013, 07:27
Shame on you John Mohler. Explain why you would besmirch your honor and perpetuate yourself as a fraud.

jntobin
07-19-2013, 16:17
Gentlemen, in answer to several queries, I must state the John Mohler is not a member of Chapter XI SFA, or a member of the Special Forces Association in any capacity.

tobin

TrapperFrank
07-19-2013, 16:43
why did he do it? he had a perfectly honorable service record to begin with. nothing in it to be ashamed of and a lot to be proud of, namely service in RVN. a lot of men at that time took the easy out and ran to Canada.

Team Sergeant
07-19-2013, 17:53
why did he do it? he had a perfectly honorable service record to begin with. nothing in it to be ashamed of and a lot to be proud of, namely service in RVN. a lot of men at that time took the easy out and ran to Canada.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:munchin

jntobin
07-19-2013, 20:25
Team Sergeant, that might be a part of it, but I don't think it is the major part. Some folks just can't be proud of their achievements, had a WWI I vet tell me one time that his best friend got a DSC, but that e always said he was recommended for a MOH down graded to DSC by a general who didn't like his unit.

Me I was just glad my Article 15s were down graded to verbal reprimands.

tobin

PRB
07-19-2013, 20:29
My highest award is definitely my Good Conduct Medal....about 33 years of undiscovered crime Lol.

alelks
07-19-2013, 20:33
The one award that I wore that screwed with dress greens inspection was the "Somali Legion of Merit" that was awarded to 4 of us during a SATMO assignment/Infantry TAFT. Walt Wilkison also received it. Let's see it was Me, Walt, a worthless CPT (Cpt Gallagher) and Ed Herrington.

One ugly ass medal and it always stumped everyone doing the inspection.

the boy
07-22-2013, 07:45
Gentlemen, in answer to several queries, I must state the John Mohler is not a member of Chapter XI SFA, or a member of the Special Forces Association in any capacity.

tobin

I hate to say it Jack, but John Mohler has been the treasurer of SFA11 for many years and according to their site he still is: http://www.sfa11.org/officers.html

"
Our chapter held elections for officers for the period 2012 - 2014; the appointed members of SFA XI Election Committee and Teller Committee did a commendable job in conducting a well organized, fair, and impartial election. The members were: Chairman, John Whidden, and Wally Johnson and Scott Crerar.

Our new officers are:

President: Lynn Mariano, M-6777
Vice President: Mercer (Mac) Dorsey, D-3935
Secretary: Eugene May, M-10437
Treasurer: John Mohler, D-3393
Chaplain (Appointed): Eugene (Gene) Russell, D-3308
Surgeon (Appointed): Dr. William (Bill) Glover, M-10829
President Emeritus: Charlie Norton
"
I am sure you all at SFAHQ have revoked his membership, and I hope that you have also contacted Lynn Mariano to make sure that John will be wiped from their web site (to include the numerous pictures of him). It is shameful for someone that fraudulently represents himself to be, or allows others to believe him to be a Green Beret to be a Chapter officer of the SFA.

I have known John through SFA11 for several years and until this story broke, I considered him a personal friend. I can say first hand that John has been representing himself as a Green Beret to wide audiences and that it was not a matter of "errors and rumors". T.S. is correct, he has built quite a bit of business off of his false credentials. Also, his LinkedIn profile is still up he simply switched it to private, I disconnected from it this morning.

This story is certainly going to be spread to my local network, and the word will spread around town.

Team Sergeant
07-22-2013, 08:19
I hate to say it Jack, but John Mohler has been the treasurer of SFA11 for many years and according to their site he still is: http://www.sfa11.org/officers.html

"
Our chapter held elections for officers for the period 2012 - 2014; the appointed members of SFA XI Election Committee and Teller Committee did a commendable job in conducting a well organized, fair, and impartial election. The members were: Chairman, John Whidden, and Wally Johnson and Scott Crerar.

Our new officers are:

President: Lynn Mariano, M-6777
Vice President: Mercer (Mac) Dorsey, D-3935
Secretary: Eugene May, M-10437
Treasurer: John Mohler, D-3393
Chaplain (Appointed): Eugene (Gene) Russell, D-3308
Surgeon (Appointed): Dr. William (Bill) Glover, M-10829
President Emeritus: Charlie Norton
"
I am sure you all at SFAHQ have revoked his membership, and I hope that you have also contacted Lynn Mariano to make sure that John will be wiped from their web site (to include the numerous pictures of him). It is shameful for someone that fraudulently represents himself to be, or allows others to believe him to be a Green Beret to be a Chapter officer of the SFA.

I have known John through SFA11 for several years and until this story broke, I considered him a personal friend. I can say first hand that John has been representing himself as a Green Beret to wide audiences and that it was not a matter of "errors and rumors". T.S. is correct, he has built quite a bit of business off of his false credentials. Also, his LinkedIn profile is still up he simply switched it to private, I disconnected from it this morning.

This story is certainly going to be spread to my local network, and the word will spread around town.

All frauds that I've dealt with attempt to clean their internet profiles. As this case was breaking Mohler was in fact changing his Linked IN profile and then removed it when his story of fraud was made public.

In my opinion he needs to be investigated by the DoD and charged with fraud.

No, this is not over yet Mohler, thirty five years later your ass is now in the wind.

Team Sergeant
07-22-2013, 08:21
Mohler can still be found here:

Partners & Clients

JMH Group, LLC - Advisory Board

Function
◾To advise in matters relating to members area of expertise for the benefit of JMH Group and respective clients.
◾To provide a communication link between JMH Group and targeted business channels.
◾To make recommendations, which will address identified business, financial, policy and client needs of JMH Group.
◾To assist in creating partnerships and business deals to address these needs.
◾To increase the profile and presence of JMH Group and it’s clients.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E. John Mohler

Mr. John Mohler is a Fortune 100 experienced Business Development and Program Management executive with an extensive track record in developing and executing sales-driven marketing campaigns.

John has more than 25 years of active involvement in both domestic and international business development, marketing, sales, government relations, program management in many areas of the government and commercial markets.

John’s experience has spanned broad technology and business areas to include: international supply chain security and efficiency, secure borders, critical infrastructure protection, asset management, intelligent transportation systems, Low Orbit Satellites (LEOSATs), counter narcotics, hijacking of all types, physical and logical security, weapon systems development, and environmental clean-up.

Over this period John has held senior management positions in such companies as: Boeing Commercial and Aerospace Companies, Messerschmitt. Deutsche Aerospace, General Electric Aerospace; General Dynamics; PAR Technology Corporation; Lockheed Martin; and 4D Security Systems (a subsidiary of the AGT International Group).

jntobin
07-22-2013, 08:45
Gentlemen, Mohler has turned over all records, documents, checkbooks, and financial information to Lynn Mariano, and an audit is being conducted, The Chapter XI Web Page will no doubt be changed as soon as possible.

Hope this answers all questions, if not let me know

tobin

the boy
07-22-2013, 08:52
Gentlemen, Mohler has turned over all records, documents, checkbooks, and financial information to Lynn Mariano, and an audit is being conducted, The Chapter XI Web Page will no doubt be changed as soon as possible.

Hope this answers all questions, if not let me know

tobin

jntobin, this is good to hear and thank you for the clarification.

Team Sergeant
08-02-2013, 08:33
E. John Mohler aka John Mohler aka Elias John Mohler

It has been confirmed that there is no record of this individual ever being Special Forces Qualified.

That puts Mohler in the same class as William Hillar, a complete Special Forces fraud.

PRB
08-02-2013, 10:12
E. John Mohler aka John Mohler aka Elias John Mohler

It has been confirmed that there is no record of this individual ever being Special Forces Qualified.

That puts Mohler in the same class as William Hillar, a complete Special Forces fraud.

TS, what surfaced thru all of those 'documents'?

jntobin
08-02-2013, 10:37
What documents? Nada, zip, no tengo, negative traffic, SWC has no, I say again, no record of Elias John Mohler, John Elias Mohler or any other derivation of that name.

Now that means DOD either accepted his phony docs at face value, or took his resume/bio as written. Either way, he could be in line for serious recoup of payment, or other actions. No downside there, maybe they will start checking folks out better. I have ran into a lot of folks who were in SF slots as contractors, who never finished the course. I fired one sent to me at the SOC, his claim of SF service was he went to and failed selection.

Pete Schoomaker, when he was Chief of Staff, tried to clean out a bunch of these weasels and got a bunch of them.

tobin

The Reaper
08-02-2013, 16:18
SWCS could solve a lot of these problems by automating their records and having a searchable database that the SFA or other groups could administer and do public research with.

Kind of like the SEALs did years ago.

TR

koz
08-02-2013, 16:23
The fact the John Mohler is such a liar and fraud that the POS forged documents to become part of the SFA is amazing. He was unable to earn the right to wear a Green Beret but he got his thru forgery.

John Mohler Special Forces Fraud - it will always catch up with you.

Good job TS!:lifter

Team Sergeant
08-02-2013, 16:33
The fact the John Mohler is such a liar and fraud that the POS forged documents to become part of the SFA is amazing. He was unable to earn the right to wear a Green Beret but he got his thru forgery.

John Mohler Special Forces Fraud - it will always catch up with you.

Good job TS!:lifter

Mary Schantag and a few others nailed Mohler a long time ago, we just "assisted" in making his name a household word......;)

E. John Mohler, aka John Mohler Special Forces Fraud, you're a bottom feeding scumbag and I do hope they put you in prison for what you done. And what does your scumbag attorney have to say now?:munchin

PRB
08-02-2013, 21:19
I'm shocked, shocked that his 29 valor awards (1 every two weeks) are not valid..
What IS valid in his records...anyone? Is there even a way to tell without taking each entry and checking?

What a dis honorable ass.

Joker
08-02-2013, 22:40
So, E. John Mohler aka John Mohler aka Elias John Mohler is not just a fraud, he is poser as well.

jntobin
11-03-2014, 09:50
He resigned from SFA over a year ago, you would think he would learn

tobin

E. John Mohler aka Elias John Mohler aka John Mohler

John Mohler not even forging your own military records is safe these days, as you just found out.

And John Mohler, never , never , never lie about your military awards when Mary Schantag is sitting right in front of you.....:rolleyes:

We have your military records and your officer records, we also have the awards you forged including your forged Distinguished Service Cross. See John Mohler, once you falsify your records it's extremely difficult to un-falsify them..... even if it was done 35 years ago.

John Mohler you enjoy being the center of attention so enjoy this 15 minutes of fame, you earned it scumbag.

On the upside, great article by Bryant Jordan!!!!! (And well done Mary Schantag!!!!)

Critics: Former DoD Speaker 'Salted' War Record
Jul 17, 2013
Military.com| by Bryant Jordan

Vietnam veterans and family members, as well as families of those who never returned from the war, gathered May 18 in Branson, Mo., to recall their service and honor the fallen as part of an official observance of the Vietnam War.
As the master of ceremonies introduced keynote speaker John Mohler -- Vietnam combat vet, successful business consultant and official representative of the Defense Department’s Vietnam War Commemoration -- Mary Schantag, chairwoman of POW Network, saw looks of concern and disbelief from many in the crowd.
Schantag, who also is an expert on phony war heroes, said the emcee read a portion of Mohler’s biography. “Three Silver Stars, seven Bronze Star Medals for Valor, five Army Commendation Medals for Valor, two Purple Hearts.”
“And that’s when everybody looked at me,” Schantag told Military.com. “He stood up in front of Gold Star mothers who lost their sons, widows who lost their husbands, and he had the nerve to stand up there in front of them with all this. Despicable is not the word.”
After the event, Schantag began going over her notes and records. Not only did she learn Mohler had previously claimed to have the Distinguished Service Cross -- ranked just below the Medal of Honor -- and to have been a Ranger, a Green Beret and given a “battlefield promotion,” but she was shocked to find he had already been found out and reported to the Pentagon in 2006.
“Here he was back on the speakers’ circuit for DoD seven years later,” she said.

Next morning, she confronted Mohler.

“I looked him right in the face and said “I’m going to be your worst nightmare.”
Cont:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/07/17/critics-former-dod-speaker-salted-war-record.html?comp=1198882887570&rank=1

Team Sergeant
11-03-2014, 13:34
The Library of Congress still thinks Elias John Mohler is a wonderful guy........

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/vhp/story/loc.natlib.afc2001001.18846/

The Library of Congress enjoys placing frauds in their library..... John Mohler is not the first nor will he be the last I'm sure..