PDA

View Full Version : Green Berets take on anti-gunners

The Reaper
07-16-2013, 10:18
Looks like the SFA is stepping up on the Second Amendment as well.

TR

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/15/green-berets-take-on-anti-gunners/

Green Berets take on anti-gunners

July, 2013–The Special Forces Association held its 2013 annual National Convention in San Antonio Texas. With over 1,000 active-duty and former U.S. Army Green Berets in attendance it was resolved to ensure politicians understood the Association’s membership’s steadfast support of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

A Resolution was presented to the membership and resolved the organization’s direct support for the Second Amendment and that the right to bear arms is an absolute fundamental freedom and right granted to American Citizens.

The Special Forces Association is headquartered at Fayetteville, NC, near Fort Bragg, the home of the U.S. Army Special Forces, 82nd Airborne, Army Special Operations Command, and the XVII Airborne Corps.

The Resolution

Title: The Special Forces Association Affirms Support for the Right To Keep and Bear Arms

WHEREAS, the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States specifically states that the people have the right to keep and bear arms; and

WHEREAS, the Supreme Court has found that the Second Amendment protects a fundamental individual right; and

WHEREAS, it is estimated that as many as 100 million individuals, representing nearly half of the households in America, have chosen to exercise that right by owning one or more firearms; and

WHEREAS, in the Congress of the United States, bills have been proposed to dramatically restrict the right of honest citizens to keep and bear arms; and

WHEREAS, in various State legislatures, bills are being proposed to restrict the ownership of firearms by honest citizens; now therefore be it

RESOLVED, by The Special Forces Association in National Convention assembled in San Antonio, Texas, June 26-30, 2013, that The Special Forces Association and its membership affirms its recognition that the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States guarantees each law-abiding American citizen the right to keep and bear arms; and, be it

FURTHER RESOLVED that The Special Forces Association opposes all laws, ordinances, measures or rules by local, state, or federal governments that infringe or deprive honest citizens of their Second Amendment rights; and, be it

FURTHER RESOLVED that The Special Forces Association will work and utilize all lawful means to prevent any and all attempts to infringe Second Amendment rights; and, be it

FINALLY RESOLVED, That the membership of The Special Forces Association urges our Nation’s lawmakers to recognize, as part of their oaths of office, that the Second Amendment guarantees law-abiding citizens the right to keep and bear the arms of their choice, and on behalf of the millions of American veterans who have fought, and continue to fight, to preserve those rights, hereby advise the Congress of the United States and the Executive Department to cease and desist any and all efforts to restrict these rights by any legislation or order.

Special Forces Association
P.O. Box 41436
Fayetteville, NC
29309-1436
www.specialforcesassociation.org
(910) 485-5433

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/15/green-berets-take-on-anti-gunners/#ixzz2ZE4EjJwV

DJ Urbanovsky
07-16-2013, 12:46
Fantastic.

But wasn't the SFA's non-profit status threatened over a recent petition supporting the 2A?

Badger52
07-16-2013, 14:24
Fantastic.

But wasn't the SFA's non-profit status threatened over a recent petition supporting the 2A?Uh, the wonderful IRS again? For some strange reason I can't recall outfits like Horwitz's CSGV having their status questioned based on their long-standing advocacy as gun-grabbers.

Good on the SFA.

Updated Daily Caller link:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/15/green-berets-take-on-anti-gunners/

Team Sergeant
07-16-2013, 14:35
Fantastic.

But wasn't the SFA's non-profit status threatened over a recent petition supporting the 2A?

What part of the Second Amendment is partisan? :munchin

Just like the letter we wrote, it was non-partisan and why AD guys could sign it.

DJ Urbanovsky
07-16-2013, 22:02
Not one part of it, TS. I am in complete agreement with you.

My concern is that this administration will attempt to exert whatever pressures it can, underhanded though they may be, on any organization which it feels is in opposition to its agendas.

Just like the letter we wrote, it was non-partisan and why AD guys could sign it.

Divemaster
07-17-2013, 00:32

Are you kidding me? This is right wing extremism in the most extreme! Supporting the Constitution is so 18th century. I wish I could renew my life membership in the SFA.

jntobin
07-17-2013, 08:23
The resolution confirms the SFAs support for the Constitution, the same document we all swore and oath to when we joined, were promoted etc. We did not advance any political agenda, attack or support any political party or entity, merely resolved to support the Constitution. I know this is controversial in the current political climate, but does not violate our fraternal status.

But if it did, we ain't the girls scouts, when was the last time SF ran from a fight, if they chose to make a run at us, would the membership quell in the basement, no we would come out swinging, and if we lose, hell they can have my carcass for the sacrifice, it is all my fault.

You don't think we can rally ,America in a fight against the IRS, you don't think Congress would have hearings, I, of course would sent the rest of the board, I am too ugly to testify in person, would hurt our case.

If they come after us, they are a Special Kind of Stupid.

God Save the Right (medieval call for Divine Support)

tobin

Beef
07-17-2013, 08:44
The resolution confirms the SFAs support for the Constitution, the same document we all swore and oath to when we joined, were promoted etc. We did not advance any political agenda, attack or support any political party or entity, merely resolved to support the Constitution. I know this is controversial in the current political climate, but does not violate our fraternal status.

But if it did, we ain't the girls scouts, when was the last time SF ran from a fight, if they chose to make a run at us, would the membership quell in the basement, no we would come out swinging, and if we lose, hell they can have my carcass for the sacrifice, it is all my fault.

You don't think we can rally ,America in a fight against the IRS, you don't think Congress would have hearings, I, of course would sent the rest of the board, I am too ugly to testify in person, would hurt our case.

God Save the Right (medieval call for Divine Support)

tobin

Well said and well done!! Thanks for taking this public stand!

Wiseman
07-17-2013, 11:03

You guys can't say stuff like this, the NSA and IRS might be listening and interpret that as a threat.

Team Sergeant
07-17-2013, 11:11
tobin

:D

:munchin

MR2
07-17-2013, 14:36

I thought they were that already. :munchin

PedOncoDoc
07-17-2013, 14:49
I thought they were that already. :munchin

This would be incontrovertible evidence.

Utah Bob
07-18-2013, 09:14
I think I heard some heads explode in DC.
Being on a watch list in this administration is a badge of honor.
Molon Labe.