PDA

View Full Version : Obama regime has requested at least 15,000 Russian troops trained in disaster relief

JJ_BPK
07-01-2013, 11:36
This should probably be in the comedy zone..

I spotted this story a couple days ago. Figured it was from the BIG TIN FOIL HAT crowd and posted it as the daily funny on FB..

Obama Requests 15,000 Russian Troops For “Upcoming” Disaster
Posted by EU Times on Jun 27th, 2013 // 140 Comments 86
inShare11

An unsettling report prepared by the Emergencies Ministry (EMERCOM) circulating in the Kremlin today on the just completed talks between Russia and the United States in Washington D.C. says that the Obama regime has requested at least 15,000 Russian troops trained in disaster relief and “crowd functions” [i.e. riot control] be pre-positioned to respond to FEMA Region III during an unspecified “upcoming” disaster.

According to this report, this unprecedented request was made directly to Minister Vladimir Puchkov by US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Director Janet Napolitano who said these Russian troops would work “directly and jointly” with her Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), part of whose mission is to secure the continuity of the US government in the event of natural disasters or war.

http://www.eutimes.net/2013/06/obama-requests-15000-russian-troops-for-upcoming-disaster/

Today INFOWARS has their version.

Russian Forces to Provide “Security” At US Events, FEMA signs deal with Russian Emergency Situations Ministry to “exchange experts”

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
July 1, 2013

As part of a deal signed last week in Washington DC between the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry and FEMA, Russian officials will provide “security at mass events” in the United States, a scenario that won’t sit well with Americans wary of foreign assets operating on US soil.

According to a press release by the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense and Emergencies, US and Russian officials met on June 25 at the 17th Joint U.S.-Russia Cooperation Committee on Emergency Situations.

(there is a link to the the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense and Emergencies in the source)

http://www.infowars.com/russian-forces-to-provide-security-at-us-events/

I thought INFOWARS was conservative, but fairly middle of the road??

Any you DELTA guys doing axe training with the SPATICS??

:munchin

Scimitar
07-01-2013, 15:52
I swear I am moving closer towards "tin-foil-hat-land" territory every day.

Russian troops be pre-positioned to respond to FEMA Region III during an unspecified “upcoming” disaster.

Tell me that's just a poor choice of phrasing.

S

Richard
07-01-2013, 16:02
Pura mierda.

Richard

Paslode
07-01-2013, 16:03
I swear I am moving closer towards "tin-foil-hat-land" territory every day.

I believe it was referred to as "CHANGE'.....Sucks don't it!

tonyz
07-01-2013, 17:00
Some "info" from the Russian Civil Defense side of the story - news out of the Emergency Control Ministry of Russia.

EMERCOM of Russia → News
Several documents signed during joint work of Russian Emergency Ministry and FEMA
RSS

26 June 11:32

The Russian Emergency Situations Ministry and the USA Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) are going to exchange experts during joint rescue operations in major disasters. This is provided by a protocol of the fourth meeting of the U.S.-Russia Bilateral Presidential Commission Working Group on Emergency Situations and seventeenth meeting of Joint U.S.-Russia Cooperation Committee on Emergency Situations, which took place in Washington on 25 June.

The document provides for expert cooperation in disaster response operations and to study the latest practices.

In addition, the parties approved of U.S.-Russian cooperation in this field in 2013-2014, which envisages exchange of experience including in monitoring and forecasting emergency situations, training of rescuers, development of mine-rescuing and provision of security at mass events.

At the end of the meeting the parties expressed their satisfaction with the level of cooperation between the Russian Federation and the United States in the area of emergency prevention and response and agreed to develop it in order to respond efficiently to all kinds of disasters.

http://en.mchs.ru/news/item/434203/

Tasks

The main tasks of Emergency Control Ministry of Russia are:

1) ) working-out and implementation of the state policy in the field of civil defence, protection of population and territories against emergencies, providing fire safety and also people safety on water bodies within the competence of Emergency Control Ministry of Russia;

2) organization of preparation and approval in accordance with established order of drafts of normative and legal acts in the field of civil defence, protection of population and territories against emergencies, providing fire safety and also people safety on water bodies;

3) implementation of management in the field of civil defence, protection of population and territories against emergencies, providing fire safety, people safety on water bodies, and also management of activity of federal executive authorities within the framework of a single state system of prevention and liquidation of emergencies;

4) implementation of normative regulation for the purposes of prevention, prediction and mitigation of consequences of emergencies and fires, and also implementation of special, licensing, supervisory and control functions on questions related to the competence of Emergency Control Ministry of Russia;

5) implementation of activity on organization and conducting of civil defence, urgent response to emergencies, protection of population and territories against emergencies and fires, providing people safety on water bodies, and also realization of measures on emergency humanitarian response including outside the Russian Federation.

SF18C
07-01-2013, 18:30
Admins, from now on when ever a post uses Infowars as a source the thread should be immediately moved to the Comedy Zone or the Hallway!!!:D

Utah Bob
07-07-2013, 10:46
I saw a guy drinking vodka outside Rusty's package store on the 4th. He looked Russian. Probably advance party. I gave him a buck.:p

Team Sergeant
07-07-2013, 10:47
Admins, from now on when ever a post uses Infowars as a source the thread should be immediately moved to the Comedy Zone or the Hallway!!!:D

And CNN, MSNBC and the NYT.........:munchin

pcfixer
07-08-2013, 10:34
http://theothermccain.com/2013/07/06/are-we-paranoid-enough-obamas-fema-russia-protocols-raise-serious-questions/

Very possibly tin foil, but in the age of BO's transparency the writer does ask some good questions.

Looking at Lisa Jennings’ article at ViralRead now, obviously it needs an update to clarify the facts, but that’s OK. There are ways to report a story like that — where the accuracy is unknown and the sources are dubious — with the appropriate skepticism. And I’ve reached out to a source on Capitol Hill to see if I can find out exactly what Congress knows about FEMA’s deal with the Russians.

This story does indeed raise serious questions:
Why has FEMA allowed this practice of “pseudo-transparency” to continue to the point that it becomes necessary for the agency to officially deny Internet rumors like this?

Is there any reason why FEMA could not have published the text of its protocol agreements with Russia?

And if these protocols could have been published, why weren’t they?

Why did it take more than two weeks after the Vladivostok meeting last October for FEMA to publish a press release about it?

And why has FEMA still not published anything on its Web site about its June 25 meeting with the Russians in Washington?