PDA

View Full Version : SF Art Collection

BryanK
07-01-2013, 08:31
I didn't see this posted anywhere on PS. I found this while doing research on the origin of "Nous Defions", and I thought you all would appreciate some of the prints. Solovey Art (http://www.soloveyart.com/soc.htm)

FlagDayNCO
07-01-2013, 11:56
I met Solovey years ago when he was drawing, in between his duties in Afghanistan. Great artwork, and an Outstanding American. One of the drawings I have was personalized by him, in memory of a couple of lost Brothers.

Flag Day NCO

98G
07-02-2013, 09:54
I am not sure is these should go in the Art thread or 10th Group, but perhaps some of you recognize the models? Richard? Joe? :lifter

I do have high resolution scans I can email through zip files, they are 2MB each.

SF_BHT
07-02-2013, 12:21
I am not sure is these should go in the Art thread or 10th Group, but perhaps some of you recognize the models? Richard? Joe? :lifter

I do have high resolution scans I can email through zip files, they are 2MB each.

Those were always nice ones. I have all of them framed at home.

ZUG_master
07-02-2013, 12:50
Found a complete signed set many years ago on e-bay.

Framed, matted, and hanging in the hallway.

Richard
07-02-2013, 13:13
I am not sure is these should go in the Art thread or 10th Group, but perhaps some of you recognize the models?

Those were done by then SSG Joe Beasley when he was on the primary HALO team (ODA-3) at Bad Tolz circa 1977. He made a few using specific images (e.g., he did one of Pappy Webb and Joe Alderman when they were running recon with B-52) but made most from composite images. I have a set of the large 5x7 note cards which I've used in conjunction with other docs (e.g., the guys rappelling and skiing are framed with my certificate from the BW WinterundGebirgsKampfSchule).

He did those prints using the Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph drawing pens - his favorite medium.

Richard

MK262MOD1
07-02-2013, 20:37

I have a copy of the HALO print. Its one of my favorites and was unfortunately damaged in my last move.

The_Mentalist
07-07-2013, 21:59
I was pleasantly surprised to see "the last three feet" drawing. My old unit (long after I got out). And here we always thought we were under appreciated. I may have to order that print.

Lots of great artwork.

98G
07-08-2013, 05:12
I have a copy of the HALO print. Its one of my favorites and was unfortunately damaged in my last move.

They should be in your in box :)

I have been getting several requests. It is great to see the interest in them. They have found a good home -- appropriately on this site.

albeham
07-08-2013, 07:28
WE had Frank Allen in the 5th, nice works. I have several hanging in my home.

AL

Go Devil
07-08-2013, 09:26

This one is currently residing in an airport, somewhere in Florida