06-30-2013, 13:12
A few more

Beef
06-30-2013, 13:34
Very nice! Thanks for posting.

Mistwalker
06-30-2013, 13:54
Very nice! Thanks for posting.

Thank you. I had a Spartan / Harsey Hunter for about a year that I sent with a friend who is now working drug interdiction down in the Everglades. It's one of my favorite knives ever, and thus why I sent it with Jimmy. Bill, Curtis, and Mark do up some fantastic knives! Here are a few pics of the Hunter. If no-one minds I'll post more similar pics of the Difensa later.

matlt
07-02-2013, 13:01
I dont see this on their website. How long is the blade? I believe this may be my favorite spartan knife so far.

Mistwalker
07-02-2013, 13:59
I dont see this on their website. How long is the blade? I believe this may be my favorite spartan knife so far.

They have not put photos of it up yet. I first got to see it at Blade back at the first of June. The Blade on this one is 6 inches long. It is much like a Hunter with a 1 inch longer blade and flat saber grind rather than a hollow grind. The longer blade gives it a perfect neutral balance, and lets it chop a bit better in a rearward three-finger grip.

chisumr
07-13-2013, 09:59
The Spatan/Harsey Difensa is now listed for sale on their website. Looks to be around 425.00. I bought one today. Beautiful knife.....

Mistwalker
07-13-2013, 21:32
The Spatan/Harsey Difensa is now listed for sale on their website. Looks to be around 425.00. I bought one today. Beautiful knife.....

It is a fantastic knife. Feels great in hand and handles very well, came with a great edge, and has excellent balance!

mcarey
07-19-2013, 10:59
Difensa is being well received. Thanks for your post.:o

x SF med
07-19-2013, 14:11

Great... another knife I have to get permission to buy... You and Curt just suck... quit making all these great toys already, I'm going broke over here.:D

Mistwalker
07-24-2013, 13:36

Oh, I am just getting started with the torture tests :)

tunanut
07-24-2013, 14:11
I got to handle the Difensa last week and if I didn't already have a Model II, I'd have gone home with one. Though I think I prefer the Difensa a tad better.

I've got to thank Mark and Curtis for their hospitality and attention they gave my son. He is extremely thrilled with the folder that Curt personalized for him. You guys are doing it right, keep it up.

PiterM
09-21-2014, 14:56
Let me add mine...

Sapper124
12-01-2014, 13:26
I picked up my Difensa last week while passing through town. Amazing knife and great customer service over at Spartan Blades. I will be taking it out on the Ansel Adams trails next month and will be sharing pictures after I put it to work!

PiterM
12-08-2014, 16:51
I will be taking it out on the Ansel Adams trails next month and will be sharing pictures after I put it to work!
THAT sounds supercool! Please share your photos when you're back :)

Barbarian
04-15-2015, 16:58
Took a few photos and thought this was as good a place as any to put them.

My better half, and parents went in together, and bought a Spartan/Harsey Hunter, for my b-day. Most of my disposable income goes toward my slowly but steadily growing, knifemaking business, so it's rare that I get to splurge on knives for my own enjoyment, these days. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. The bevels are hand-ground by Bill himself, and the Spartan gents do the rest of this impressive work, I understand.

Initial impressions....I have nothing but good to say about the blade. I've seen machine-cut blades that were less symmetrical than Bill's work. The edges of the blade's choil are chamfered and the outer surfaces of the tang and spine are ever-so-slightly radiused. It's also deceptively light for its overall size. These are all small details that you normally see on full-custom blades only. I'm quite impressed (and pleased). Now to get into the backcountry, and get it dirty.

Team Sergeant
04-15-2015, 20:49
Great pictures one and all! And a fine looking blade indeed!

Darklight
08-29-2015, 15:16
I absolutely dig mine too :

Sapper124
12-22-2016, 03:27
Just got back from a trip to Africa, Difensa was on my belt throughout the trip and performed great as always. Snapped this pic after i used it to make fast work of a tree that we needed some wood from. Routinely used it to clear some small brush for HLZs. The PF always begged to use it, fat chance i would let them get their hands on it though!:D