PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Yer Honor

NousDefionsDoc
11-10-2004, 17:30
I have, on occasion, been critical of the US judiciary. Never let it be said that I am not capable of recognizing when they should be congratulated as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138169,00.html

CHICAGO — A federal judge Wednesday found two U.S.-based Islamic charities and an alleged fundraiser for the Palestinian militant group Hamas (search) liable for damages in the 1996 shooting death of an American teenager in Israel.

A jury trial in December will determine the amount of damages in the $300 million lawsuit filed by the parents of David Boim (search), a 17-year-old American student who was killed while waiting for a bus in the West Bank.

In a 107-page opinion, Magistrate Judge Arlander Keys held Texas-based Holy Land Foundation (search) and another charity, the Islamic Association for Palestine (search), liable for damages in the shooting.

Keys also held Mohammed Salah (search), a Chicago man currently under indictment in an alleged Hamas fundraising conspiracy, liable for damages in the May 13, 1996, shooting.

"This is a huge win for victims of terrorism," said Stephen J. Landes, an attorney for Stanley and Joyce Boim, former New Yorkers now living in Jerusalem, who brought the suit on behalf of their son and his estate.

The Boims maintain that the charities funded Hamas and therefore financed the violence that led to the death of their son.

Doc
11-10-2004, 17:53
Good post!

This reminds me of the technique used by the Lawyer(s) that broke the KKK's bank book here in the US some time ago.

Maybe one of the counselors here remembers the case.

11-11-2004, 06:57
Good post!

This reminds me of the technique used by the Lawyer(s) that broke the KKK's bank book here in the US some time ago.

Maybe one of the counselors here remembers the case.

That would be Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center. They did the same thing to Aryan Nations.

The Reaper
11-11-2004, 08:03
That would be Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center. They did the same thing to Aryan Nations.

Well, those are two deserving groups for that attention, but Dees is about as low as they come himself.

TR

11-11-2004, 08:46
Well, those are two deserving groups for that attention, but Dees is about as low as they come himself.

TR

Concur...he sees 'militias' everywhere and is no friend of RKBA.

Bravo1-3
11-11-2004, 14:40

TR

Dees started out on the right track, but somewhere along the way it turned into trying to sue anyone whose views he doesn't agree with, instead of just people whose views and actions cause real damage.

The Reaper
11-11-2004, 15:06
"The National Gun Control Center, whose leader, Morris Dees, pledged to 'break the NRA in five years,' quietly closed its Washington cubbyhole office and retreated to Montgomery, Ala., early this fall.

"The withdrawal was accomplished amid unconfirmed reports that the anti-gun group had sent out millions of letters soliciting funds - one figure ran as high as four million - and had gotten back only about 35,000 responses. The lone staffer at the defunct Washington office, laid off, told an NRA member his layoff was due to lack of financial response to the mailings. [November, 1976]"

It appears that Morris has long been in the business of eroding civil rights, such as our right to bear arms. While the arguments for the right of American citizens to bear arms are well-known, the primary argument being the Bill of Rights, many fail to realize why the founding fathers wrote that clause into the Constitution of the United States."

Need I say more?

TR