PDA

View Full Version : 66 Harley Custom for the GBF

cbtengr
06-23-2013, 17:11
I have a 1966 HD Shovelhead Chopper that I am selling and 100% of the proceeds of the sale will be donated to the Green Beret Foundation. I have contacted Team Sergeant about posting this here and he said it was fine.

The engine (74 CI) and (4 speed) tranny are stock and fresh with less than 750 miles on them. The frame is a V-Twin Replica Wishbone, stretched and raked with a 15 over Denvers Narrow Springer front end with a 19” Avon tire, rear tire is a 16” Avon, drum rear brake no front brake. The frame is custom molded and painted. The bike is set up for both kick and electric start but I have never found a battery that had enough amps and was small enough to fit inside the wrap around oil tank that would turn it over so it’s always been a kick start bike. This is not a knock off chopper it is a genuine Harley Davidson first year production Shovelhead.

This bike was built from the ground up and finished in 2005 but looks just like it was rolled out in the late 60’s early 70’s. I will gladly send additional pictures via email to any serious buyers. I can tell you that if you were to have this bike custom built today it would cost you in the area 30K. My asking price is $18,000.00 , if you’re not interested but know someone who might be please pass this on. You all know what a good cause it is.

The Reaper
06-23-2013, 17:15
Very generous, thank you very much.

Looks like it takes a while to stop, though. :D

TR

MR2
06-23-2013, 17:27
Very nice. Thank you very much!

69harley
06-23-2013, 17:38
Thank you for donating this to the GBF. Someone is going to have allot of fun on that bike. Very cool and I even like the color.

cbtengr
06-24-2013, 16:23
Very generous, thank you very much.

Looks like it takes a while to stop, though. :D

TR

Situational Awareness is a must if you are going to ride one like this :) .

Paragrouper
06-25-2013, 19:18
Damn, that's a nice looking ride.

Thanks for the awesome assist to the GBF.

Red Flag 1
06-25-2013, 20:34
What a great looking ride! Your generosity will go a long way in helping our SF members. Good on ya, cbtengr.

RF 1
j

cbtengr
07-21-2013, 17:51
For those of you who follow FACEBOOK I have put together a page to promote the sale of my bike and I have also linked it to the GREEN BERET FOUNDATION FACEBOOK page.

https://www.facebook.com/CharityChopper

The GBF has agreed to help me market the sale of the bike, its a very unique motorcycle and has a very limited market. Lots of photos posted. An old biker friend of mine looked it over for the first time and proclaimed " That ain't no RUB bike." But if a RUB with the funds comes along he is more than welcome to purchase it. :p