PDA

View Full Version : NSA needs to work on their tradecraft

PSM
06-21-2013, 20:52
We woke up to this guy snooping around this morning. ;)

Pat

Paslode
06-22-2013, 04:02
What is the red thing dangling on the wire?

JJ_BPK
06-22-2013, 04:35
Kinda looks like a cross between a McGuire Rig and a Fulton Skyhook. They have talked about using UAV/drones for search & rescue.. With the current sequestration, the AF may be testing something a little less expensive?? So they can save money for the F-35 Money Pit??

OR it could be a new method of scanning you passport and credit card at open boarder crossings??

:D

Pete
06-22-2013, 05:39
If that was a boat I'd say it was some kind of side scan SONAR.

In a plane - some type of ground penetrating RADAR or other sensing device?

rubberneck
06-22-2013, 06:33
It's an air towed magnetometer. I've seen them towed by a helicopter but never an airplane.

ddoering
06-22-2013, 06:48
Could be looking for tin foil concentrations.....

Ambush Master
06-22-2013, 07:48
It's an air towed magnetometer. I've seen them towed by a helicopter but never an airplane.

Correct. I have a friend that flew a DHC-6 all over Africa back and forth like a tractor plowing a field, gathering geological data for oil and mining opportunities!!

rubberneck
06-22-2013, 07:57
Correct. I have a friend that flew a DHC-6 all over Africa back and forth like a tractor plowing a field, gathering geological data for oil and mining opportunities!!

In this case I think it was DHS looking for PSM's weapon and ammo cache.

JJ_BPK
06-22-2013, 08:21
That's a 1st..

The DHS and rubberneck hit enter at ALMOST the same instances.. :D

rubberneck;512479 In this case I think it was DHS looking for PSM's weapon and ammo cache.:munchin

rubberneck;512480 In this case I think it was DHS looking for PSM's weapon and ammo cache.:munchin

rubberneck
06-22-2013, 08:40
I've be hacked!!! It's DEFCON 1. Time to retreat to my bunker before the black Chinooks show up.:p

I don't know how that happened. I tried to edit my post and it generated a duplicate. Hopefully a mod can make it disappear like I'm about to.

PSM
06-22-2013, 09:36

Yep, that's what he was doing. He started south of us and flew east/west lanes from the Mule mountains in the east to past the San Pedro river to the west. The lanes were rather narrow and it took him about an hour to reach our house. When the winds picked up, he headed home.

I wish I could have gotten a clearer shot of the logo, N-number or the name on the side. If he was looking for minerals, I hope that they are not found on our land; the Dept. of Interior still holds the mineral rights here.

Pat

Richard
06-22-2013, 11:24
Just another "weather balloon"... ;)

Richard