PDA

View Full Version : FBI busts 'terrorist' they help....

Streck-Fu
06-21-2013, 06:08
I first read bout the recent FBI bust of two NY men that 'built' an X-ray weapon they planned to use to attack 'enemies of Isreal' in this article....LINK (http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/20/justice/new-york-x-ray-plot/index.html?hpt=hp_t3)

New York (CNN) -- Two New York state men have been charged in a bizarre plan to develop a mobile X-ray system that would be used from afar to silently kill people that they deemed "undesirable," federal officials said.

Glendon Scott Crawford, 49, and Eric J. Feight, 54, were arrested Tuesday after an undercover operation by the Albany FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force. They were charged with conspiracy to provide material support for use of a weapon of mass destruction, according to the criminal complaint.

Crawford and Feight were developing a device "intended to be mobile ... designed to turn on remotely from some distance away" that would emit "some dangerous levels of X-ray radiation," according to John Duncan, executive assistant U.S. attorney for the Northern District of New York.

Individuals who might have been "subject to this X-ray radiation, would not immediately know that they had been harmed until some days later when they would either be injured, or it could result in their death," he said.

The suspects intended to use the device to harm and kill "enemies of Israel," a Department of Justice news release said.

While reading this, I was hoping to read how functional the device was. An X-ray weapon would be nearly impossible for a couple of guys in a garage or basement to pull off. I wanted to know how they could have done it. Was the weapon mature enough to actually be a threat and, if not, does the FBI think they can actually convict for producing an inoperable weapon? I had flash backs to the Hutarree Militia..

So I looked into other sources that may have a better explanation and came across this piece from the Albany Times Union containing this gem,
They never actually obtained a radiation source and the device was not fully constructed, officials said.

Really?! A radiation source.....for an X-ray weapon? I need to find more information....which led me to this article...LINK (http://newyork.newsday.com/news/region-state/ny-x-ray-weapon-case-gun-allegedly-made-by-glendon-scott-crawford-and-eric-j-feight-isn-t-feasible-scientists-say-1.5530471)...which contains this,

Underdcofer investigators gave Feight $1,000 to build the control device and showed the men pictures of industrial X-ray machines they said they could obtain. They planned to provide access to an actual X-ray system to assembly with the remote control Tuesday, the day they were arrested.

This is what we do to combat terrorism? At least the last article addresses the fact that the 'weapon' is impossible and won't work as claimed.

Paslode
06-21-2013, 06:19
Another FBI sting like the Hutaree

JJ_BPK
06-21-2013, 07:15
Idoes the FBI think they can actually convict for producing an inoperable weapon? I had flash backs to the Hutarree Militia..

The Thought Police, of The Ministry of Love, convicts based on BAD thoughts... Reality is not needed.

:munchin

Keep this up and I can guarantee your private visit to Room 101.
:mad:

Paslode
06-21-2013, 07:25
Adel Daoud, 18, was arrested following a months-long FBI undercover investigation. He was taken into custody after he parked a Jeep Cherokee in front of the bar Friday night and walked into a nearby alley where he tried to detonate the device, court documents allege.

The bomb, which was inert and had been constructed by FBI technicians, didn't explode, according to federal authorities.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120917/05193620404/fbi-continues-to-foil-its-own-devised-terrorist-plots.shtml

According to federal officials, Sami Osmakac, a naturalized U.S. citizen from the former Yugoslavia, had been provided the guns and explosives -- all of which had been rendered harmless -- by an FBI agent.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/florida-man-arrested-fbi-bomb-plot-sting/story?id=15322807#.UcRT0Dkc7cc

The examples are endless.....You could go on for days.

Team Sergeant
06-21-2013, 07:43
Manufacturing and controlling a "terrorist" is much safer than actually finding a real one.....

Besides, it looks good on the FBI's RBI score. :rolleyes:

Felix87
06-21-2013, 10:41
While reading this, I was hoping to read how functional the device was. An X-ray weapon would be nearly impossible for a couple of guys in a garage or basement to pull off. I wanted to know how they could have done it. Was the weapon mature enough to actually be a threat and, if not, does the FBI think they can actually convict for producing an inoperable weapon? I had flash backs to the Hutarree Militia..

The article I read said atleast one of the two work in a GE manufacturing plant and had access to the materials need. The power source and anode size needed to consistently put out enough radiation (12-16 Gy/min) to kill some one in one night would probably make it hard to transport, but I think some one could do it.

That much radiation would show up in all types on satellite imagery though.

Badger52
06-21-2013, 12:13
Besides, it looks good on the FBI's RBI score. :rolleyes:After the Milwaukee store-front "sting/cluge" ATF was alone at the top but FBI is makin' a run for it. Wait till the post-season.

:munchin

Dreadnought
06-21-2013, 13:50
An X-Ray device?

Those are some lofty dreams for terrorists

ironyoshi
06-21-2013, 17:03
Really?! A radiation source.....for an X-ray weapon?

You might know this by now, but X-rays are radiation, just like gamma, UV, and the visible spectrum.

I heard a lot of takes similar to yours. Couple this with Ruby Ridge, etc, and it looks like the FBI's biggest prizes are invented :(