PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Clinton Laments: My Grandmother Did Not Have Access to Planned Parenthood

MR2
06-20-2013, 19:16
Chelsea Clinton Laments: My Grandmother Did Not Have Access to Planned Parenthood (http://www.lifenews.com/2013/06/20/chelsea-clinton-laments-my-grandmother-did-not-have-access-to-planned-parenthood/)

New York, NY (CFAM) — From the stage at the recent Women Deliver conference, former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s daughter Chelsea revealed that her much-admired maternal grandmother was the child of unwed teenage parents who “did not have access to services that are so crucial that Planned Parenthood helps provide.”

Chelsea’s grandmother was born of an unintended pregnancy. And new research shows that her family is not alone in treasuring a person who – if Planned Parenthood had been successful – would not have been born.

Are these people professionally stupid or what?

PRB
06-20-2013, 19:22
Damn, I'd of paid for that abortion.....

Dusty
06-20-2013, 20:35
Chelsea Clinton Laments: My Grandmother Did Not Have Access to Planned Parenthood (http://www.lifenews.com/2013/06/20/chelsea-clinton-laments-my-grandmother-did-not-have-access-to-planned-parenthood/)

New York, NY (CFAM) — From the stage at the recent Women Deliver conference, former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s daughter Chelsea revealed that her much-admired maternal grandmother was the child of unwed teenage parents who “did not have access to services that are so crucial that Planned Parenthood helps provide.”

Chelsea’s grandmother was born of an unintended pregnancy. And new research shows that her family is not alone in treasuring a person who – if Planned Parenthood had been successful – would not have been born.

Libthink.

Sdiver
06-20-2013, 21:09

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They walk among us, they breed and they vote. :eek:

ddoering
06-20-2013, 22:15
They breed more than most of us as they are unhindered by having to go to work.....

Oldrotorhead
06-21-2013, 06:20
A lot of people agree Chelsea Clinton's grandmother should have had an abortion.

MiTTMedic
06-21-2013, 06:39
Both grandmothers.

Richard
06-21-2013, 07:15
I think one could argue that a form of Planned Parenthood did exist back then and ha nearly always been around - it was some form of individual family or local community efforts (ala Ciderhouse Rules) and not a recognized 501(C)(3) organization, and varied greatly in its concept and effectiveness in providing information and 'medical' services depending upon location, personal and familial beliefs, educational levels, familial ties, social status, wealth, etc.

In the mid-50's when my parents were told that, for medical reasons, having another child would be an extremely high risk for both the child and my mother, our family doctor secretly performed a vasectomy and could have been criminally charged or lost his license to practice medicine as it was illegal at that time. When my wife and I were confronted with a similar issue in the mid-80's, it was a simple matter to schedule the procedure with our family practice physician at Martin Army Hospital.

Personally, I am thankful our children have access to better information and a greater choice in such personal matters, even if we don't always agree with their choices.

Richard

Dusty
06-21-2013, 08:00
I think one could argue that a form of Planned Parenthood did exist back then and ha nearly always been around - it was some form of individual family or local community efforts (ala Ciderhouse Rules) and not a recognized 501(C)(3) organization, and varied greatly in its concept and effectiveness in providing information and 'medical' services depending upon location, personal and familial beliefs, educational levels, familial ties, social status, wealth, etc.

In the mid-50's when my parents were told that, for medical reasons, having another child would be an extremely high risk for both the child and my mother, our family doctor secretly performed a vasectomy and could have been criminally charged or lost his license to practice medicine as it was illegal at that time. When my wife and I were confronted with a similar issue in the mid-80's, it was a simple matter to schedule the procedure with our family practice physician at Martin Army Hospital.

Personally, I am thankful our children have access to better information and a greater choice in such personal matters, even if we don't always agree with their choices.

Richard

Huge difference between a vasectomy and skewering a ready-to-birth, live baby's head to corkscrew it out of a womb, or abortion pills for girls still too young to drive.

Richard
06-21-2013, 08:18
"There you go, again."
- Ronald Reagan

Richard

Divemaster
06-21-2013, 08:22
Regardless of where you stand on the abortion issue, if Conservatives make reversing a 1973 SCOTUS decision a front burner issue we will continue to alienate a portion of the population who might otherwise vote with us. The Progressives have always had the end game in sight.

JJ_BPK
06-21-2013, 08:40
Regardless of where you stand on the abortion issue, if Conservatives make reversing a 1973 SCOTUS decision a front burner issue we will continue to alienate a portion of the population who might otherwise vote with us. The Progressives have always had the end game in sight.

Agreed,,

For arguments sake...

Liberals want the poor and disenfranchised to get abortions?? Can we say "white supremacy"??

Conservatives don't want free birth control,, "let them breed to their constituents delight..."

If you try to disengage the religious argument,

Who benefits from birth control??

Who benefits from lack of birth control??

Jump forward 100-200 years,, maybe only 15 years??

Will China's "one child to a family" law sound repressive or smart..

ironyoshi
06-21-2013, 17:05

Prolifers have been pretty good at using the federalist approach to choke abortion. Time had a front page article whining about that a few months ago.

Dusty
06-21-2013, 17:24
Prolifers have been pretty good at using the federalist approach to choke abortion. Time had a front page article whining about that a few months ago.

lol If I'm a prolifer, does that make my opponents prodeathers?

Scimitar
06-21-2013, 20:12
They breed more than most of us as they are unhindered by having to go to work.....

I don't know about you, but I make room for it even with a heavy work load. :D

S

Flagg
06-21-2013, 22:17
I'm far less worried about the Clinton's stance on abortion or their logic distortion field.

I'm far more worried about the Clinton family's relentless and methodical effort to join the rest of the political family dynasties in America.

Gypsy
06-22-2013, 12:00

Yes.

Razor
06-24-2013, 15:02
Since I'm having a hard time mentally aligning this, let me get this straight--its against the law to kill an unborn baby in the commission of a crime (Unborn Victims Act, new Colorado law charging felonies if a fetus is harmed) because a fetus is a recognized human being that can be a victim, but its ok for the mother to kill the same fetus, because its not a recognized human being?

PedOncoDoc
06-24-2013, 15:37
Since I'm having a hard time mentally aligning this, let me get this straight--its against the law to kill an unborn baby in the commission of a crime (Unborn Victims Act, new Colorado law charging felonies if a fetus is harmed) because a fetus is a recognized human being that can be a victim, but its ok for the mother to kill the same fetus, because its not a recognized human being?

I've wondered about the same thing - has this issue been brought up in court?

Can a counselor comment on this?

ddoering
06-24-2013, 15:49

Welcome to Liberal Logic 101.

The Reaper
06-24-2013, 17:20

Yes, if you cause the demise of the unborn child, you can be charged with murder. Unless you have MD after your name, are a pharmacist, or the mother.

The same people will also defend to the death a serial child molesting, raping, murderer, lawfully convicted and sentenced by his peers.

No death penalty. He's got rights, you know.

The innocent unborn baby, not so much.

TR

Sigaba
06-25-2013, 00:43
FWIW, the attachment provides a break down of the 10.86 million services that Planned Parenthood provided in 2011. Of that total, 65% were not related to contraception or abortion.

A second point. In the 2012 presidential election, women in swing states had a different constellation of priorities than men and more confidence overall in the Democratic Party's ability to address those issues <<LINK1 (http://www.gallup.com/poll/158069/women-swing-states-gender-specific-priorities.aspx)>>. IMO, I don't know how the GOP is going to get more women to vote Republican if its rank and file members do not find different ways to address issues that are important to women who are not already going to vote for Republican candidates. But hey, let's try bashing the daughter and mother of the most respected woman in America <<LINK2 (http://www.gallup.com/poll/159587/hillary-clinton-barack-obama-admired-2012.aspx)>>. That approach worked wonders last fall.

A comment. I would be extraordinarily cautious about linking "white supremacy" to the modern Democratic Party's positions on women's health issues <<LINK3 (http://www.amazon.com/White-Over-Black-Attitudes-1550-1812/dp/0807845507)>><<LINK4 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/0195072596/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0)>><<LINK5 (http://www.amazon.com/Apostles-Disunion-Southern-Secession-Commissioners/dp/081392104X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1372141518&sr=1-1&keywords=apostles+of+disunion)>>.

The Reaper
06-25-2013, 16:03
I wonder how the "most respected woman in America" is doing since she let four of her subordinates die and said "who cares?"

Do Americans care?

TR

Paragrouper
06-25-2013, 19:51
A comment. I would be extraordinarily cautious about linking "white supremacy" to the modern Democratic Party's positions on women's health issues

You wouldn't be fishing, would you?

TrapLine
06-25-2013, 20:32
FWIW, the attachment provides a break down of the 10.86 million services that Planned Parenthood provided in 2011. Of that total, 65% were not related to contraception or abortion.

When I look at the PDF, I see >300,000 cases of innocents being murdered by that organization. Do a few million non abortion services make up for that? Not in my mind. Of course, that is only my opinion.

Sigaba
07-11-2013, 17:00
You wouldn't be fishing, would you?No. Just been spending time in the library.

The comment was in reply to a line of thought presented in post #12.

GratefulCitizen
07-11-2013, 17:26
Had forgotten about this thread.

Maternal grandmother, huh?
Her dad can sympathize.
:D