PDA

View Full Version : CRKT IgnitorT

SF_BHT
06-17-2013, 18:42
Well I have been looking for a new easy open one hand folder for every day use.

Well after a lot of searching I selected the CRKT IgnitorT Combo blade.

Well I found out that they give all LEO/Military personnel a 25% discount. You have to call them and send proof of service. They will set you up with an account that gives you the discount and then you can log in and order what ever knife you want.

The IgnitorT is a solid folder and has a very good positive lock to keep it from opening or closing unless you want it to.

Check out the video at the bottom link to see it in action.

http://www.crkt.com/IgnitorT?&search_id=434647

Barbarian
06-18-2013, 07:07
Looks like an impressive knife for a small price. :cool:

I'd be interested hear your opinion on the serrations as well as your overall impressions, if you're so inclined.

Bill Harsey
06-18-2013, 08:34
CRKT is a good outfit because they do good work.

SF_BHT
06-18-2013, 15:21
Looks like an impressive knife for a small price. :cool:

I'd be interested hear your opinion on the serrations as well as your overall impressions, if you're so inclined.

I took it out today and tried cutting through seat belts. Went through 4 sets without hardly any effort. The serrations are a bit larger and the valleys between are bigger than most of the knifes I have had. This seamed to let it dig in better as I cut. I stabbed a couple of old Under Cover vest and it went in fine.

The edge has held up fine also after my 2 hr hacking and slashing antics.

I really like the locking mechanism. Very strong and I do not think it will let go and have the blade cut you hand.

Handle is comfortable and does not weigh much. Fits in the pocket and does not flop around like a few other ones I have.
So far I like it......

JJ_BPK
06-18-2013, 15:53
I have carried one of the CRKT M16-01T for maybe 6 yrs. It is small and light, AUS 8 & Titanium. It is primarily a light duty alternative to my Harsey D2, 2.4 oz vs 4.1oz.

CRKT makes a good product in a moderate price range.

Barbarian
06-19-2013, 12:43
I took it out today and tried cutting through seat belts. Went through 4 sets without hardly any effort. The serrations are a bit larger and the valleys between are bigger than most of the knifes I have had. This seamed to let it dig in better as I cut. I stabbed a couple of old Under Cover vest and it went in fine.

The edge has held up fine also after my 2 hr hacking and slashing antics.

I really like the locking mechanism. Very strong and I do not think it will let go and have the blade cut you hand.

Handle is comfortable and does not weigh much. Fits in the pocket and does not flop around like a few other ones I have.
So far I like it......

That's very interesting, about the wider gullets in the serrations, helping the knife bite the material better....... Makes sense though. I've been wanting to try those Veff serrations for a while. I haven't seen any others like them.

The locking mechanism looks pretty ingenious. Very intuitive for quick deployment.

Thanks for taking the time to go over the details. You answered all the questions I had, and I appreciate your professional insight.

I have carried one of the CRKT M16-01T for maybe 6 yrs. It is small and light, AUS 8 & Titanium. It is primarily a light duty alternative to my Harsey D2, 2.4 oz vs 4.1oz.

CRKT makes a good product in a moderate price range.

I've often admired Mr. Carson's M16 and M21 designs. I haven't had any experience with CRKT's products, but I can see I've been missing out.

The_Mentalist
06-25-2013, 04:10
I have only 1issue with CRKT. Customer service. I had one of their folding Tanto knives and the screws fell out of the belt clip. It would also loosen up at the hinge with use. When I lost 2 screws from the clip one day, I contacted CRKT giving them the model and a description of the issue. No response for several weeks. So, I emailed CS again and waited. Then I tried calling and kept getting sent to voice mail. For 3 months I tried to get some assistance. Never heard back from them at all.

Although the blade itself was great (for the price), I will never buy another CRKT product again. I wish you the best with your purchase. Perhaps you might want to go ahead and put some loktite on the clip screws so you don't lose them. Other than that, this knife will serve you well.

SF_BHT
06-25-2013, 19:11
I have only 1issue with CRKT. Customer service. I had one of their folding Tanto knives and the screws fell out of the belt clip. It would also loosen up at the hinge with use. When I lost 2 screws from the clip one day, I contacted CRKT giving them the model and a description of the issue. No response for several weeks. So, I emailed CS again and waited. Then I tried calling and kept getting sent to voice mail. For 3 months I tried to get some assistance. Never heard back from them at all.

Although the blade itself was great (for the price), I will never buy another CRKT product again. I wish you the best with your purchase. Perhaps you might want to go ahead and put some loktite on the clip screws so you don't lose them. Other than that, this knife will serve you well.

I also have had problems getting support from them. I found that if I called and raised hell the other girl fixed it pretty fast. As any life that has screws I regularly check them. If they get lose I service them and add loktite each time. My complaint was I did not get an order conformation and tracking number. At err raising hell via phone I got it in minutes and found that they did not ship them 2 weeks before but the day before I got the email. Bottom line I got them and at a good price.

I will do buisness with them again as soon as a bunch of the agents in the office can agree on how many they want.

MR2
06-27-2013, 19:19
Ordered a pair (Ignitor T) with 25% discount - thank you CRKT.
Shown w the pair of Stiff Kiss I got at Big 5.

Yes, I like pairs.