PDA

View Full Version : Snowden releases SIS G20 op

badshot
06-16-2013, 21:21
Looks like Snowden just released documents showing British SIS op spying on G20 attendees.

Foreign politicians and officials who took part in two G20 summit meetings in London in 2009 had their computers monitored and their phone calls intercepted on the instructions of their British government hosts, according to documents seen by the Guardian. Some delegates were tricked into using internet cafes which had been set up by British intelligence agencies to read their email traffic.

Link: http://m.guardiannews.com/uk/2013/jun/16/gchq-intercepted-communications-g20-summits

he's gonna have an accident . . .

SF_BHT
06-17-2013, 05:43
Yes he needs to be picked up by the black Helo and dropped in a hole to never be heard of again.

(1VB)compforce
06-17-2013, 06:10
You know, on the initial whistle-blowing I was pretty ambivalent. Google, Facebook and the others do much worse with your data than the government, but they don't have the authority to put someone in jail. So it was a toss up on whether he was any more than "technically" a criminal. After he alleged spying on HK and China and with the information that he is releasing now, I think Snowden has distinctly crossed the line to traitor.

Badger52
06-17-2013, 06:52
Similar assessment from the 3 previous whistle-blowers whose interview is now public, and whose concerns with of the 4th Amendment variety, and who warned about the domestic issue years ago. Their take is he's crossed the line; and his physical safety is a badly tossed coin.

badshot
06-17-2013, 07:05
It also makes you wonder more than ever how many worldwide terrorism-Intel partners/assets will think twice about sharing info with the U.S. in the future.

Like the Dr. Afridi locked up in Pakistan...

The Reaper
06-17-2013, 15:30
Time was, people who couldn't keep their mouth shut got help.

Sometimes, permanently.

TR

perdurabo
06-17-2013, 15:40
You know, on the initial whistle-blowing I was pretty ambivalent. Google, Facebook and the others do much worse with your data than the government, but they don't have the authority to put someone in jail. So it was a toss up on whether he was any more than "technically" a criminal. After he alleged spying on HK and China and with the information that he is releasing now, I think Snowden has distinctly crossed the line to traitor.

I think you're taking in too much at face value. I wouldn't let the press dictate my opinions without a quick pass through the critical thought filter.

Snowden's been accused of everything short of molesting goats by various members of the press and their sources. It's the same for every whistleblower. But stay focused on the kernel of what matters here, the REAL issue: the NSA is conducting domestic surveillance in violation of the 4th amendment of the US.

I'm not saying the scope of what Snowden has done is right or wrong. That's a whole separate issue from the REAL issue. I'm just asking people to let the dust settle and see where things lie before the demonization starts. And stay focused on the REAL issue, not the inevitable, predictable smears.

(1VB)compforce
06-17-2013, 15:55
When it was just a question of the original release, aka the 4th amendment whistle blowing, again, I was up on the fence and still am. When he started giving out specifics of alleged interactions with other countries, he crossed the line.

The fourth amendment question has to be addressed, no doubt. As far as Snowden himself, I have no pity at all for whatever may happen to him.

badshot
06-17-2013, 16:35
I think you're taking in too much at face value. I wouldn't let the press dictate my opinions without a quick pass through the critical thought filter.

Snowden's been accused of everything short of molesting goats by various members of the press and their sources. It's the same for every whistleblower. But stay focused on the kernel of what matters here, the REAL issue: the NSA is conducting domestic surveillance in violation of the 4th amendment of the US.

I'm not saying the scope of what Snowden has done is right or wrong. That's a whole separate issue from the REAL issue. I'm just asking people to let the dust settle and see where things lie before the demonization starts. And stay focused on the REAL issue, not the inevitable, predictable smears.

In my view I appreciate knowing what I strongly suspected from observing network traffic, tracing, and logs. Not happy about the excuses, this coming from someone whom deeply understands these type of systems. Also firmly believe in the Constitution and the reasons behind it. The real issue.

With that said, when you take many IS positions you are exposed to a lot of private knowledge, most require a NDA. You keep your word and our I.S. ethics and never talk about it unless to those that have the authority to know, period. Add to that information that can get folks hurt or compromised, then they are a traitor and should be treated as such. This particular individual is showing behavior that indicates he is one to the western world, not a healthy place to be in nor is it productive for anyone at this point except his ego. However many he may have - that is not meant as a joke either.