PDA

View Full Version : Anti Gun NUTS just don't get it.

alelks
06-12-2013, 06:40
We need to let this young lady know we support her. The Anti gun crowd is just NUTS!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/10/battlestar-galactica-actress-loses-twitter-star-po/

On facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/kateefans

MSRlaw
06-12-2013, 07:17
I don't understand what people are taking offense to. She said "people should handle firearms safely." Was there anything more to it the article isn't reporting? Are people upset she didn't say 1) "people should handle firearms recklessly" or 2) "people should never handle firearms; only sworn law enforcement should?"

Obviously in the case she's referring to whoever the gun owner was should face civil liability for not securing a firearm on the premises when inviting over a 4 yr old. However, he should not face any criminal liability. Accidents happen. The story, to me, isn't about gun rights but about a single person acting stupidly and a child as a result. It could have been a large bigass knife on the kitchen table or an exposed wire he was trying to ground in his kitchen. If you invite and allow a 4 yr old over, don't have open dangers accessible to that child. Pretty simple. And certainly is irrelevant to gun rights.

albeham
06-12-2013, 07:17
I love her!!!

:munchin

orion5
06-12-2013, 08:32
It seems that there's more to the story....http://twittercounter.com/kateesackhoff

Twitter Counter says she not only didn't lose followers, but the controversy allowed her to gain 20,000.....she went from 100k to 120k.

Not saying her motives were bad for saying "I lost half of my followers," but wondering where she got that data from?

Still great to see the pro-gun crowd has responded positively......

orion5
06-14-2013, 22:39
Interesting response from Katee on her website: LINK (http://www.kateesackhoff.com)

She didn't literally lose half her Twitter followers, and was surprised at all the media sources printing her words as truth and no one fact-checking it.

I guess we are now at the point where our national news sources have the same integrity as the National Enquirer.

Ah well........I'm glad Katee gained a whole new following of 2A supporters. :D

R3V3LATIONS
06-14-2013, 22:58
Good to know someone in MSM is behind the 2A. Not that I watch TV much, but I think she may be in that show "Longmire" which isn't half bad, but back on point, the more pro 2a people we can get the better...in the trying political climate we need them.

(1VB)compforce
06-15-2013, 05:14
Obviously in the case she's referring to whoever the gun owner was should face civil liability for not securing a firearm on the premises when inviting over a 4 yr old. However, he should not face any criminal liability. Accidents happen. The story, to me, isn't about gun rights but about a single person acting stupidly and a child as a result. It could have been a large bigass knife on the kitchen table or an exposed wire he was trying to ground in his kitchen. If you invite and allow a 4 yr old over, don't have open dangers accessible to that child. Pretty simple. And certainly is irrelevant to gun rights.

I believe she was responding to this:

4-Year-Old Boy Accidentally Shoots And Kills Army Special Forces Father (http://www.businessinsider.com/4-year-old-boy-accident-kills-army-dad-2013-6)

(RIP Justin)

(1VB)compforce
06-15-2013, 06:14
It seems that there's more to the story....http://twittercounter.com/kateesackhoff

Twitter Counter says she not only didn't lose followers, but the controversy allowed her to gain 20,000.....she went from 100k to 120k.

Not saying her motives were bad for saying "I lost half of my followers," but wondering where she got that data from?

Still great to see the pro-gun crowd has responded positively......

I'm curious about that stat, according to the original Fox News article she said she started with 200k, lost half of that to 100k that day. Now she is building back up. On Twittercounter, how do you go back and look historically?

orion5
06-15-2013, 11:32
I'm curious about that stat, according to the original Fox News article she said she started with 200k, lost half of that to 100k that day. Now she is building back up. On Twittercounter, how do you go back and look historically?

1VB, you're making me laugh....you're a programmer and you can't work the date range on the Twitter Counter? :D Ok, I'm a sucker....I did the work for you.

----------------------

June 7, Friday night - the little boy accidentally shoots his father in AZ.

June 9, Sunday - Katee had 102,002 followers.

June 10, Monday, 6:35am - Katee tweets "Please practice gun safety. This is horrible!" and she links the story of the 4 yr old boy shooting his father. It did appear to provoke a discussion with her followers, and she might have lost a few.

June 10, Monday, 7:48am - Katee tweets an off-hand remark that she's "lost half her followers due to her comments on gun safety."

The media take off with it, some saying she lost 50% of her followers, and some saying she lost over 100,000 followers (which would be 100%). It was mis-reported by Washington Times, FOX News, Breitbart, HuffPo, USA Today and many more.

June 10, Monday - Twitter Counter shows Katee had a net gain of followers, from 102,002 to 102,267.

June 11-14 - Over the course of the week as the story gained momentum, Katee gained 34,000 new followers, now up to 136,000.

----------------------

On Monday, did Katee lose a few, and gain some new followers? Probably. Keep in mind this happened in ONE HOUR on Monday morning. She didn't lose 50k followers and gain 50k new ones in one hour. The only thing I was wondering was why she waited 6 days to correct all the falsely reported "news". I have a low opinion of celebrities and their constant need for attention (of any kind) to drive popularity. :(

Now back to more important news.....like how our country has its pants down around its ankles.....

(1VB)compforce
06-15-2013, 12:05
1VB, you're making me laugh....you're a programmer and you can't work the date range on the Twitter Counter? Ok, I'm a sucker....I did the work for you.

Nope, not a programmer, it's even worse, I'm an architect level data/information/BI guy. I have to admit that a lot of the new open source based interfaces are not intuitive at all for me. There's some part of that crowd's thought process that are completely foreign and illogical to me. Give me raw data and a commercial database engine and I can hold my own with anyone, but stick something in MyPHPAdmin or put it up on a wordpress site and I can never figure out how to get to anything.

I spent about 5 minutes looking for that and then said "screw it, I have more important shit to do".