PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Official [LEO] Charged in Road Rage Shooting

BryanK
06-10-2013, 07:40
Snip:

A sworn officer with the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office in New Jersey has been charged in the road rage shooting death of a Baltimore County man on Interstate 97 at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday, according to Maryland State Police.

Road Rage Shooting (http://odenton.patch.com/articles/millersville-man-shot-to-death-in-road-rage-incident-in-i-97)

A sad state of affairs. Unless it is discovered that the victim aimed a gun at the officer, there is NO excuse for this. I hope to learn more of the details if they become available. Now, was this officer guilty of carrying the firearm illegally through MD? I guess he felt he was above the law :rolleyes::(

Q. Can I legally transport firearms interstate? (From the MD State Police)

A. Yes, under Title 18, Section 926A, of the United States Code, a person who is not prohibited
from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to
any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment. In the case the vehicle does not have a
compartment separate from the driver's compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked compartment other than the glove compartment or console.

FlagDayNCO
06-10-2013, 08:29
Since he is an active Law Enforcement Officer, he is entitled to carry his weapon. There are exemptions written into every State's laws concerning LEOs, plus there are Federal regulations.

Now, what will be interesting is if the LEO was carrying his department issued firearm, a personally owned firearm (on a list of authorized firearms for off-duty carry), or a personally owned weappon that was not on the aforementioned list.

Adding to that, his own department may have strict regulations on conduct while off-duty, as well as carrying of firearms while off-duty.

Then again, Hudson County, New Jersey is the arm pit of America. Things are so bad from an ethics perspective that the Feds will not issue passpports to people with Hudson County birth certificates. Way too many frauds.

Saying all I did about LEOs being exempt, maybe this will shine a light on the fact that many (most?) LEOs carry firearms with the thought that "Hey, I'm on the job and they'll cut me some slcak/ /look the other way".

Second Amendment applies to everyone, unless you're a person with political power from New Jersey, New York, etc. Many LEOs working in NJ will say they support the Second Amendment, but many also have deep hooks into the Democrat machine for their benefits and retirement payout.