PDA

View Full Version : 'Injured' postal worker busted for fraud after appearance on 'Price is Right'

BMT (RIP)
06-04-2013, 18:05
In worker's compensation paperwork filed in September 2011, Cashwell claimed the shoulder injury left her unable to sit, stand, kneel, squat, climb, bend, reach or grasp, according to federal investigators.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/04/injured-postal-worker-busted-for-fraud-after-appearance-on-price-is-right/#ixzz2VIO4VCVd

BMT

MSRlaw
06-07-2013, 11:59
LOL. Sometimes you need to hire a good PI to help defend your cases, sometimes you can just watch national tv. :lifter

uspsmark
06-07-2013, 12:21
This happens oh so often and never gets dealt with. I have a niece (on my wife's side of the family) that is on SSI Disability and "can't work" for "back problems". I took pictures and video of her running a roto-tiller in a quarter acre garden and submitted them to Social Security. I was told that they couldn't do anything about it since she was not "gainfully employed and receiving compensation". :(

Glad they busted this one, especially since I am a Postmaster and see these kinds of cases often enough that I know the system is being abused by some.

MSRlaw
06-07-2013, 12:36
This happens oh so often and never gets dealt with. I have a niece (on my wife's side of the family) that is on SSI Disability and "can't work" for "back problems". I took pictures and video of her running a roto-tiller in a quarter acre garden and submitted them to Social Security. I was told that they couldn't do anything about it since she was not "gainfully employed and receiving compensation". :(

Glad they busted this one, especially since I am a Postmaster and see these kinds of cases often enough that I know the system is being abused by some.

If she was "gainfully employed" then why would she be getting ssdi? Their response literally makes no sense.