PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Nickolas Rabenau

jmorgan
06-04-2013, 12:43
Gents,
I am trying to vet this guy who claims service with 7th SFG and is providing training to some LE friends I have in Illinois. Any insight on this guy would be helpful to include his reputation if he was in group.

Thanks in advance.
Jim

jmorgan
06-04-2013, 12:46
http://strategictacticalusa.com/

18C4V
06-04-2013, 13:06
The better run schools have a mixture of LE and Mil. Maybe he has a few cops, but I don't see a bio page.

As a liability guy for our SWAT platoon, looking at the ballistic breaching pictures makes me cringe.

Whever I send guys to unknown schools, I usually send two experienced guys to get different perspectives.

As long as your guys don't drink the Kool aid and your guys can apply what is allowed at their agency, then why not send your training sergeant and a experienced guy?

mark46th
06-04-2013, 15:30
No staff info? Did I miss it?

dennisw
06-04-2013, 17:09
SSS President Nick Rabenau assisted with any questions or concerns about the proper filing for the permit and was assisted by law enforcement from another precinct during the course. Rabenau is a skilled former service member of the U.S. Army Special Forces and has trained over 5,000 soldiers and counter terrorist team members in a variety of environments from the mundane to many less permissive arenas.

http://strategictacticalusa.com/2013/03/27/strategic-security-services-now-offering-classes-in-canton/

The above quote is from one of the articles on the website. The link above also contains a picture of Nick Rabenau.

RB
06-05-2013, 09:47
I worked with Nick and several of his staff in Iraq with Triple Canopy PSD Route Irish, IZ and BIAP.

I vetted Nick back in '05 as a QP as I had the same questions you have now. I'd been in 7th Grp for quite a few years and had never heard the name. He mentioned SF and the vetting began.

Trust Nick, his training, and his staff. :cool:

jmorgan
06-05-2013, 10:37
Thanks RB. That is good enough for me. I will pass it on. Glad he is who he says he is.

J

miclo18d
06-05-2013, 16:12
Nick was in C-2/7th Group... The name was familiar but the pick was for sure. He's gained some weight (as have I). Chet may remember him as well.