PDA

View Full Version : May 28 -National Hamburger Day!


tonyz
05-28-2013, 13:28
I learn something every day - always up for a good burger !

May 28 - National Hamburger Day!

By NicolleCam | Posted 12 hours ago | United States
CNN

<snip>

National Hamburger Day! Nothing is more American than a big, juicy hamburger. Hamburgers and cheeseburgers have been a staple of the American diet for decades. In 2001, over 8.2 billion burgers were served in commercial restaurants in the United States. This number doesn't even take into account the number of burgers people eat at home, which is another 15 billion!

Although hamburgers originated in Hamburg, Germany, eating the burger in a bun is actually an American innovation. The hamburger sandwich was most likely invented in Seymour, Wisconsin. Each year the city hosts a hamburger festival called Burger Fest. That is where the world's largest hamburger made its debut in 2001. It weighed 8,266 pounds!

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-978309?ref=feeds%2Flatest

Gypsy
05-28-2013, 18:30
I get a daily email from Jessica's Biscuit (eCookbooks.com it is a discount site for almost any cookbook out there) and saw that. Who knew. I ate mine yesterday, hot off the grill. :D

mark46th
05-29-2013, 08:05
We have a small restaurant chain here in So Cal called Slater's 50/50( 3 or 4 restaurants). Their signature burger is half beef, half bacon ground together. I have been stuck on a burger with mozzarella cheeze and Anaheim chili's on a pretzel bun... Tasty.

uspsmark
05-29-2013, 14:06
We have a small restaurant chain here in So Cal called Slater's 50/50( 3 or 4 restaurants). Their signature burger is half beef, half bacon ground together. I have been stuck on a burger with mozzarella cheeze with Anaheim chili's on a pretzel bun... Tasty.

That's how I mix my venison burgers as well...not quite half and half, but the bacon gives some additional flavor and the fat helps the venison not get too dry.

tonyz
05-29-2013, 14:58
I sometimes mix ground pork and ground beef...chopped Vidalia onion in the mix with a splash of Worcestershire sauce...the hand formed burger stuffed with small ball of mozzarella cheese...on a hot grill...then mix up some Bombay Sapphire and tonic with a fresh slice of lime, in a tall glass, and life is good !

mark46th
05-29-2013, 21:26
Since I started making my own sausage, I started grinding my own hamburger. I also grind a little onion with the beef. I mix ground pork with my ground beef when I make Meatballs and Meatloaf....