PDA

View Full Version : CQB on National Geographic

aussie
05-27-2013, 20:01
Here in Australia, we currently have a series airing on National Geographic called "CQB". The programme is hosted by current Green Beret, Terry Shapper. The show is really good, covering tactics, weapons with demonstrations. The key principles of QCB are enduring on the show; which are: speed, surprise and violence of action.

I highly recommend this show. I'm sure it's already screened in the US.

Terry, seems like a good bloke to have on team and does a great job in the series.

Team Sergeant
05-27-2013, 20:17
Here in Australia, we currently have a series airing on National Geographic called "CQB". The programme is hosted by current Green Beret, Terry Shapper. The show is really good, covering tactics, weapons with demonstrations. The key principles of QCB are enduring on the show; which are: speed, surprise and violence of action.

I highly recommend this show. I'm sure it's already screened in the US.

Terry, seems like a good bloke to have on team and does a great job in the series.

A few on here know Terry and from what I understand he's not only the real deal but a great guy also.

Not one of these "I was in Special Forces 15 months and now I'm an expert on everything"...... Send us a link to the show when it airs.

Speed, surprise and violence of action is what I live by.....;)

JJ_BPK
05-28-2013, 04:48
Terry's site mentions a couple the show + CQB.

Host of Discovery Channel’s "Shark Attack Survival Guide," for Shark Week
Host of "Warriors with Terrry Schappert" Series on History Channel
Watch my new TV series: CQB - Close Quarter Battle

http://www.terryschappert.com/

Found some clips on YouTube:

An Elite Military/Special Police Force TV series that dynamically analyzes and dissects a selection of high stakes close quarter battle situations. The series delivers emotionally intense dramatic action in a visually new and compelling way. C.Q.B. offers the viewer an in‐depth analysis of contemporary CQB scenarios, exploring how modern military, police, private contractors and sometimes even terrorist and criminal organizations conduct urban combat.

Filmed: Czech Republic, Spring 2012, Airing now on Prima Cool, CZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxhvKHmREU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH4U8GhQxOI&list=PLRL1td615Cdw_JJctrF0RcKTS_itukgCK

You might need a 2:2 DLPT score.. :D

BKKMAN
05-28-2013, 11:50
So I watched the first video (series promo) at this link on his site:

Terry CQB Promo Videos (http://www.terryschappert.com/cqb1.html)

And I caught this "operator" with his EOTech in the official "I'm as f-cked up as I want to be" position... (it is at the :12 second mark of the video and also the :30 second mark)...

What is it about EOTechs that seems to be such an enigma to people...FFS, it's 50/50 that you put it on correctly...

The Reaper
05-28-2013, 16:55

And I caught this "operator" with his EOTech in the official "I'm as f-cked up as I want to be" position... (it is at the :12 second mark of the video and also the :30 second mark)...

What is it about EOTechs that seems to be such an enigma to people...FFS, it's 50/50 that you put it on correctly...

Dohhhh! :eek::rolleyes::munchin

TR

Joker
05-28-2013, 21:27
They should mark it "Front toward enemy" on the appropriate place.

Or "If you can read this, YOU'RE A DUMBASS!"

Team Sergeant
05-29-2013, 09:41
They should mark it "Front toward enemy" on the appropriate place.

That doesn't work either, if you only knew how many ROTC cadets I have given a "NO GO" to when they came to FT. Bragg for advanced training....... It got to the point where we could no longer give them "NO GOs" but could only scream at them when they hit the clacker that they had just killed everyone in their squad because the set the claymore backwards...... and they were "college" students.

uspsmark
05-29-2013, 11:08
That doesn't work either, if you only knew how many ROTC cadets I have given a "NO GO" to when they came to FT. Bragg for advanced training....... It got to the point where we could no longer give them "NO GOs" but could only scream at them when they hit the clacker that they had just killed everyone in their squad because the set the claymore backwards...... and they were "college" students.

I went to Bragg around 1981 for ROTC summer training camp. Of course, I went to a military college and we were much better prepared than our "peers" from the civilian schools. Physically and mentally, the civilian college ROTC cadets weren't even close. I remember a Special Forces NCO giving me my first chaw of Red Man chewing tobacco on one of the stations. Funny how some memories come back to you...

Divemaster
08-30-2013, 20:57
I'm sure the OP might miss some of the references in the other posts. But as to his heads up on the series...I haven't seen it in the U.S. and I'm a Nat Geo channel junkie. I've love to watch it. Does the show cover detainees shitting themselves in your Humvee after you've rolled them up? That WAS NOT covered in my training.

Trapper John
08-31-2013, 06:54
Very interesting. I'm going to be looking for this series here, haven't seen it yet. CQB was not in my training matrix back in the day. We practiced tactics/techniques like breaking contact when surprised by a larger enemy force, e.g. laying down suppressing fire and the 'banana peal'. Had that conversation with MR2 recently, he was amazed that the maneuver could actually be done effectively with muskets. :D

MR2
08-31-2013, 10:49
Of course there is always a back story... Trap and I were working for TriplePastaCanopy, consulting with a Mr. Davinci on the GAU-1 idea when the concept of CQB came up. Unfortunately, we were not able to make it portable enough for that endeavor, but it was quite effective as a smoke generator for screening operations.

Trapper John
08-31-2013, 15:36
Of course there is always a back story... Trap and I were working for TriplePastaCanopy, consulting with a Mr. Davinci on the GAU-1 idea when the concept of CQB came up. Unfortunately, we were not able to make it portable enough for that endeavor, but it was quite effective as a smoke generator for screening operations.

Hey, Bro, I thought that shit was still classified! :D

PokemonMaster
03-12-2014, 07:47
The whole series is om youtube now.

Streck-Fu
03-12-2014, 08:11
Thanks for the notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-sDuqmtKw

I'm subscribing.

FlagDayNCO
03-17-2014, 09:49

Maybe that's why GG&G came up with a cover marked FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY.

JimP
03-17-2014, 11:46
Interesting....

I wonder if the ITARS fairies will visit him soon?

tom kelly
03-19-2014, 15:54

When everything fails???? READ THE OPERATOR'S MANUAL for the (HWS)...TK

The Reaper
03-19-2014, 19:10
When everything fails???? READ THE OPERATOR'S MANUAL for the (HWS)...TK

Or just look at a picture and make it like that.

TR

Sdiver
03-19-2014, 19:48
Or just look at a picture and make it like that.

TR

.... aaaaAAAAaaaaaand another satisfied IKEA shopper. :D