PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Project

goon175
05-26-2013, 13:33
My company, Blackside Concepts, is doing a small project for Memorial Day, and I would truly appreciate your participation. I didn't think to post this over here until today, but hopefully it being last-minute doesn't deter any of you from submitting something. All submissions are welcome, and I thank you in advance!

Hey everyone, we are doing a little project for Memorial Day. We would like you to submit personal anecdotes of friends you knew who died in service to our country. We don't want bio's, or things of that nature, but rather stories that you shared with that person who would give someone who doesn't know them an idea of what that person was like on a personal level. Many people see the faces on the news, or in the paper, of the fallen. They read the press releases, and thank them under their breath for their sacrifice. But, they don't know what it was like to go out and do PT with them in the morning, or have a beer with them on Friday night, or how they were obsessed with a certain sports team, etc. We would like to run a series of these stories on our "Bridging the Gap" page, so if you would like to make a submission, please send it to HQ@blacksideconcepts.com. It can be of anyone who died in combat or training, male or female, any branch of service, any period of time, etc. If you have a picture you would like to include with your submission, than that would be great as well. If you would like to be listed as the author, please let us know, otherwise all submissions will be considered anonymous. Memorial Day is an emotional weekend for many of us, and we here at Blackside Concepts feel that it is very important for the public to know her heroes, so help us tell their story. Also, please share this with others who may not necessarily see this so we can get widest dissemination on this. Thank you and God Bless America!

goon175
05-27-2013, 09:53
The final result can be found here, thank you to everyone who submitted!

http://blacksideconcepts.blogspot.com/p/bridging-gap.html