PDA

View Full Version : The most impressive use of my artwork I've seen to date!

alelks
05-25-2013, 17:45
I'm trying to contact the guy who produced it in case anyone else would like one. I'll keep you guys informed.

The Reaper
05-25-2013, 18:00
Beautiful.

Red Empire, baby!

TR

alelks
05-25-2013, 18:03
I just need to get with the guy who's making them. It seems he's marketing them and he didn't go through me for permission to use my design. :(

I'm sure we can work something out though. :)

PRB
05-25-2013, 18:11
I need one for 5th Gp...the Legion...the Grp that took down Astan then invited 7th Gp to get some combat time ;)

Dragbag036
05-26-2013, 13:50
I'd like one of those for the 10th please!

alelks
05-26-2013, 15:06
Once I get with the guy who's making them I'll get back with you guys. What I would like for him to do is to donation a percentage of each sale to the GBF. :lifter

Once he agrees to do that I'll post it here. Of course I know he'll want all my other designs for each group. :D

SF_BHT
05-26-2013, 15:12
Hope he see the issue the same as you.

Do you own the copy writes?

alelks
05-26-2013, 15:28
Hope he see the issue the same as you.

Do you own the copy writes?

Technically Yes!

It's my design and it's posted on my website with a copyright notice. :lifter

From what I can tell he's a good guy from what everyone is saying. I don't think there will be a problem quite honestly but we will see.

PRB
05-26-2013, 15:43
That's a HD clutch housing cover isn't it. I'm surprised some poser hasn't found one to wear around his neck.

BKKMAN
05-27-2013, 10:53
That's a HD clutch housing cover isn't it. I'm surprised some poser hasn't found one to wear around his neck.

FLAVA FLAV!!!

alelks
05-28-2013, 15:21
Here you go guys.

I got Tim to agree to give 10% of the retail price of each cover to the GBF. I told him I didn't want anything else in return. :)

Custom Engraving Ltd. Slinger, WIS. 262-644-1500. You can ask for Tim and tell him AL sent you. I want him to see how many people we send to him. Again you keep your cover and get a brand new cover to put on but it does take about 7 weeks normally. He is backed up right now so it's taking a little longer right now.

Website (http://www.custom-engraving-ltd.com/)

MR2
05-28-2013, 16:20
alelks, why don't you contact this guy and have him make some pins w your design - he'd sell a boatload of them. (as long as they have red, green, or blue backgrounds).

Shaun Driscoll @ http://specialoperationspins.com/special-forces-catalog.html

The Reaper
05-28-2013, 17:29
He sure like to play fast and loose with other people's designs.

Can't wait till this one gets out:

http://www.custom-engraving-ltd.com/prse.html

TR

SF_BHT
05-28-2013, 20:37
Here you go guys.

I got Tim to agree to give 10% of the retail price of each cover to the GBF. I told him I didn't want anything else in return. :)

Custom Engraving Ltd. Slinger, WIS. 262-644-1500. You can ask for Tim and tell him AL sent you. I want him to see how many people we send to him. Again you keep your cover and get a brand new cover to put on but it does take about 7 weeks normally. He is backed up right now so it's taking a little longer right now.

Website (http://www.custom-engraving-ltd.com/)

So what is the back story on how he got your graphics without your permission?:munchin

alelks
05-28-2013, 20:54
So what is the back story on how he got your graphics without your permission?:munchin

A brother took it to him and asked him to make one for him.

Tim has a family run business and seems to be a pretty nice guy from what I can tell. Other brothers that have met him have told me the same.

If it's a one off all I ask is that everyone make sure the person producing it knows that he is not mass produce it or make it available to anyone else without my permission to use the design.

If a person wants to mass produce the items they need to contact me and get my permission and at least agree to donate a minimum of 10% of the selling price to the GBF. Pretty much a judgment call on my part and right now that's about it.

abc_123
05-28-2013, 23:34
Someone taking a design that came from someone else and using it on a product to make money without asking first and/or compensating the designer isn't 100% a good guy to me.

Al, your designs are cool. A great idea. My humble opinon only is that you need to protect them and maintain control over them and their use. If $$ is to be made off of them, then you should be in control of it... to benefit you and yours and to give to charities as you see fit.

You get some guy to agree to give 10% to the GBF over a handshake... he may or may not do that. If he does he may or may not continue to do it.

Far better is for you to negotiate a better deal... where he gives YOU the percentage and then YOU control where the $$ goes after that. Right now, you may decide that the GBF should be the benefactor... but one day, God forbid, it may be that you have to put yourself or a loved one first. But you will only have the power to make those calls and to ensure that the $$ goes to where you want if you protect your designs.

Just something for you to think about...

alelks
05-29-2013, 08:13
Someone taking a design that came from someone else and using it on a product to make money without asking first and/or compensating the designer isn't 100% a good guy to me.

Al, your designs are cool. A great idea. My humble opinon only is that you need to protect them and maintain control over them and their use. If $$ is to be made off of them, then you should be in control of it... to benefit you and yours and to give to charities as you see fit.

You get some guy to agree to give 10% to the GBF over a handshake... he may or may not do that. If he does he may or may not continue to do it.

Far better is for you to negotiate a better deal... where he gives YOU the percentage and then YOU control where the $$ goes after that. Right now, you may decide that the GBF should be the benefactor... but one day, God forbid, it may be that you have to put yourself or a loved one first. But you will only have the power to make those calls and to ensure that the $$ goes to where you want if you protect your designs.

Just something for you to think about...

Excellent point. I have modified the agreement so he has to send the donation directly to me so I can make it myself as well as put a year time limit on the agreement that an be renewed.

mojaveman
05-29-2013, 20:21
The design would also look totally cool as a belt buckle or ring.

MSRlaw
06-07-2013, 07:37
Excellent point. I have modified the agreement so he has to send the donation directly to me so I can make it myself as well as put a year time limit on the agreement that an be renewed.

Do you trust him to follow the agreement? Do you have remedies spelled out in the agreement in case he breaches? I don't know anything about art, but your design is excellent and I'm sure many would want to purchase it. I have a lot of experience with contracts and being in court over people breaching contracts (not the ones I draft). If you're comfortable your agreement maintains your work's integrity and won't allow somebody to profit by free-loading off your work then that's all that matters. If you need someone to review your contract because you aren't entirely comfortable you can shoot me an email. I can only guarantee something 100% accords with FL law, but our contract law is highly similar to the most other state's.

In the picture you posted, is your design on your bike? I can only see admirers in the design's reflection but not what the design is actually on. I just assume it's a Harley.