PDA

View Full Version : Military wife's surprise

BMT (RIP)
05-19-2013, 10:18
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/19/military-wife-surprise-weight-loss-leaves-army-husband-big-winner/

:lifter

BMT

Gypsy
05-19-2013, 15:32
Good for her!

Requiem
05-19-2013, 15:44
Nice surprise. Good for her.

But I tend to think of house-buying as a joint project. Any decision that important should be made by both spouses.

Susan

medic&commo
05-20-2013, 06:55
Hmm, my wife has leave next month, I'd better get on the stick.
m&c

JimP
05-20-2013, 12:32
Nice surprise. Good for her.

But I tend to think of house-buying as a joint project. Any decision that important should be made by both spouses.

Susan

My wife bought a house at our new duty location. I have yet to see it. You need to remember the rules: "If momma's happy, EVERYONE'S happy!!!"

PRB
05-20-2013, 12:43
We were moving to 5th Gp at Campbell when Kuwait was invaded...so I got to see our new home when I got back....Mary done good if a bit on the bigger than needed side :)

Requiem
05-20-2013, 15:12
You need to remember the rules: "If momma's happy, EVERYONE'S happy!!!"

True.

Hats off to your wives, PRB & JimP, for taking care of business while you were away.

I wasn't thinking like a military wife when I made my comment, but I realize now that these women have to take more on their shoulders than their civilian sisters.

Men's House-Buying checklist: A garage. The bigger the better.
Women's House-Buying checklist: You don't even wanna know...

Susan

PRB
05-20-2013, 16:16
True.

Hats off to your wives, PRB & JimP, for taking care of business while you were away.

I wasn't thinking like a military wife when I made my comment, but I realize now that these women have to take more on their shoulders than their civilian sisters.

Men's House-Buying checklist: A garage. The bigger the better.
Women's House-Buying checklist: You don't even wanna know...

Susan

Yup, my wife is a great gal. Like most QP's I was gone for 'years'...she worked, paid all of the bills, took care of the house, horses, dogs....and me.
Military wives are good people.

Sohei
05-20-2013, 16:27
Good for her! That takes a level of discipline that many people simply don't possess. I wish her the best with keeping the weight off. Losing it is one thing -- keeping it off is another.

Requiem
05-20-2013, 16:31
Yup, my wife is a great gal. Like most QP's I was gone for 'years'...she worked, paid all of the bills, took care of the house, horses, dogs....and me.

Sweet. Tell her she's my hero, will you? I admire a woman who can do it all for home and country.

Susan