PDA

View Full Version : SOF Commander Wants to 'Change the Narrative'

BMT (RIP)
05-15-2013, 16:25
http://www.defensenews.com/article/20130514/DEFREG/305140020?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

BMT

mark46th
05-18-2013, 10:52
"He took pains to explain even to this friendly audience that while becoming more globally active, his operators “will not do anything without the approval of the geographic combatant commander and the chief of mission” from the State Department..."

I think we already know how that State Department deal works, especially if there is an election coming up and the situation doesn't match the current campaign points...

Dusty
05-18-2013, 10:57
I think we already know how that State Department deal works, especially if there is an election coming up and the situation doesn't match the current campaign points...

Outstanding connection.

Trapper John
05-18-2013, 12:03
"He took pains to explain even to this friendly audience that while becoming more globally active, his operators “will not do anything without the approval of the geographic combatant commander and the chief of mission” from the State Department..."

I kinda had the impression that he was trying to fend off political criticism and efforts by DoS to undermine his efforts. I think McCraven is absolutely right on target with his efforts to unify SOCOM and the TSOCs. This is certainly going to be viewed by State as a power grab and he needs to fend off that criticism right off the bat. Given the current state of things at DoS the timing couldn't be better for McCraven to drive forward with his plan. Go for it Admiral :lifter

The Reaper
05-18-2013, 12:52
I kinda had the impression that he was trying to fend off political criticism and efforts by DoS to undermine his efforts. I think McCraven is absolutely right on target with his efforts to unify SOCOM and the TSOCs. This is certainly going to be viewed by State as a power grab and he needs to fend off that criticism right off the bat. Given the current state of things at DoS the timing couldn't be better for McCraven to drive forward with his plan. Go for it General :lifter

He's an Admiral, NOT a General.

TR

Trapper John
05-18-2013, 14:07
He's an Admiral, NOT a General.

TR

Oooops! Failure to proof-read :o