PDA

View Full Version : Maryland is a hole in the ground were sh...

albeham
05-02-2013, 05:52
it flows into !

I vent...

Another tax is coming, a rain tax is coming, so my wife and I are going to leave this state soon.. TBD

When I got out, I said sure lets go make the money!!! move to Maryland, big money!!! yep....no... its big taxes on anything on everything... that's why you need to make the big money up here.. I vent more

So I need to plan my EE route back south, NC, SC, ....

PS... I vent ..

SF18C
05-02-2013, 07:22
Texas is open!

mconneway
05-02-2013, 07:29

Hopefully we'll do well with McCrory. Might be a good time to come back to NC!

JimP
05-02-2013, 07:31
Dude - prior job was at Meade. Although the job was great, going "outside the wire" you took your life in your hands as you ambled amongst the savages. Happy-danged day when I PCS'd. Unfortunately, I PCS'd to Illinois. Great Base (Scott AFB) but still Illinois. Only place (rights-wise) worse than Maryland but no-where near as many savages. PCS'ing this summer and made damned sure I bought a house in Iowa. Spent the last five years in occupied territories and can't wait to be in a "semi-free" State.

Get the hell out of Maryland as quickly as you can. I'm biding my time until the Army tosses me out and then I'm heading down to Texas with SF18C and a host of others.

BryanK
05-02-2013, 08:04
Not to mention the plastic grocery bag tax which MoCo already has instated. WP article *here* (http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-03-07/local/37528506_1_bag-tax-paper-bags-bag-manufacturers). My family lives in HoCo and with the already astronomical property taxes, rain tax, flush tax, and other forms of taxation, they've been forced to look elsewhere while they wait to sell the house. I cannot wait until my little one pops out of the ol' lady and we can get down to VA where our new home awaits :D

neecheepure
05-02-2013, 08:29
Montana, gentlemen. We'll take all the like minded individuals we can get, and welcome!

nousdefions
05-02-2013, 08:55
Texas is open!

Come on down, Brother. We'd be happy to have ya!

Dragbag036
05-02-2013, 09:08
Not to mention the plastic grocery bag tax which MoCo already has instated. WP article *here* (http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-03-07/local/37528506_1_bag-tax-paper-bags-bag-manufacturers). My family lives in HoCo and with the already astronomical property taxes, rain tax, flush tax, and other forms of taxation, they've been forced to look elsewhere while they wait to sell the house. I cannot wait until my little one pops out of the ol' lady and we can get down to VA where our new home awaits :D

I live in HoCo as well and we are seriously debating our exit in couple years to VA. Our district Delegate is a few doors down, and boy is he full of hot air. The job keeps me close, but my home state of Texas is waiting when I hit real retirement age.

craigepo
05-02-2013, 09:08
My thoughts; check last national election map. Narrow choices down to red states.
Next, look at each red state on a county-by-county basis. Narrow choices down to red counties.
Next, purchase property that is easily defensible, few neighbors, and has a good water source. Good wildlife population is a plus.
Next, find extremely fertile woman who is a good cook. Procreate at least a covey of children.

rubberneck
05-02-2013, 09:41
Why am I not surprised that the "rain tax" in Maryland is directly due to a mandate from the EPA. Of all the shitty things to come out of the Washington in the early 70's the EPA is right up there. Started with the best intentions but now they're a bunch of bullies with an agenda.

Ret10Echo
05-02-2013, 09:42
I hear ya Al! Fortunately for me the rain tax doesn't apply out here in the Red part of the state... Initial CONOP for E-E has been briefed to HQ-6.

For all the rest of you....here's a little something to chew on:

Martin O'Malley for president in 2016? He drops a few hints.
At a breakfast with reporters Friday, Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley (D) insisted it was too soon to talk about 2016. But some comments suggested a run for president might have crossed his mind.

Yes.. he did so well with Baltimore as the mayor (bankrupting them) and is in the middle of transferring that failure to the entire state.... Just what the country needs...

pcfixer
05-02-2013, 10:20
I'm amazed at what states and congress tries to tax.

If all of would tax 'dung' we'd all be rich!! :munchin

Badger52
05-02-2013, 12:46

PS... I vent ..Put feet on good ground, your HF can still take you anywhere you wanna go!
;)

JJ_BPK
05-02-2013, 15:00
Don't forget Florida??

Now with the 7th here,, we may have some jobs to offer QP FROGS??

The Pan Handle has some prime rural land?

Mijamie has the night life??

And Disney is always looking for Characters..

:lifter:D:lifter

longrange1947
05-02-2013, 16:50
WOW!!!! Asked my brother about the rain tax! Did I get an ear full, a wind tax???? WTF is up with those yo yos??? And this guy is looking towards a running mate slot with Billary. Holy crap batman! We are doomed! :munchin

OK, back to your regularly scheduled rant. :D

chance
05-02-2013, 18:55
Kentucky is the place to be:D. Also the home of the 5th, just saying.

alelks
05-02-2013, 20:58
If they would just institute a BS tax we could fix this economy. Start with taxing our elected officials.

SF18C
05-02-2013, 21:03
Well for those that need facts of what the best state is!

Actually you can spend an hour at this site just going thru all the different categories and studies!

http://freedominthe50states.org/overall

Sdiver
05-02-2013, 21:18
If they would just institute a BS tax we could fix this economy. Start with taxing our elected officials.

Nice thought, but I'm sure they'd find a way to exempt themselves, much in the same way they have with Barrycare.

albeham
05-03-2013, 07:54
If I can find a job down south, I would be gone gone gone!!

I'll would sell the house at a loss, just to get the fuc out of here.

But like anything...timing. I am pacing myself and getting my bills down.

Can anyone use a EE/Commo man/ spectrum guy that plays Bluegrass and shoots ?

Timing is not right, right now...but hell man its getting close!!

AL :(

35NCO
05-03-2013, 08:08
JimP,
We have the same rain tax here in C'ville, VA. It may get overturned though. I completley agree about escaping Meade/Maryland. I just left months ago. I had not realized how much I had forgotten what freedom felt like until I PCS'ed to VA. Its weird, I suddenly feel relaxed all the time. Im pretty sure Meade would have lead to a early stroke. Not worth the money IMO.

albeham
05-06-2013, 07:10
JimP,
We have the same rain tax here in C'ville, VA. It may get overturned though. I completley agree about escaping Meade/Maryland. I just left months ago. I had not realized how much I had forgotten what freedom felt like until I PCS'ed to VA. Its weird, I suddenly feel relaxed all the time. Im pretty sure Meade would have lead to a early stroke. Not worth the money IMO.

No the fucken money ant worth it.

..phase three planning has started........

AL

Stiletto11
05-06-2013, 21:10
Al, I'm in the same situation in Commiecticut. It sucks but you have to do whatever it takes. Are we refugees or what?

albeham
05-07-2013, 05:14
Al, I'm in the same situation in Commiecticut. It sucks but you have to do whatever it takes. Are we refugees or what?

Hell yes we are!!!

I lived in CT until I joined the Army..greatest place to leave from!!

Navy brat....

When are we going to start or even join a team of men and do our own thing?

someone...anyone start a ...... :munchin

BryanK
05-07-2013, 06:14
someone...anyone start a ...... :munchin

A revo......oops, that can't be it...hmm...

A mass exodus perhaps? Some already have :D