PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Review: 316 Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill

Roguish Lawyer
11-06-2004, 09:09
During a recent trip to Fayetteville, NC, I had the pleasure of dining here. The decor reminded me a little bit of Denny's, ;) , but the food was excellent. I had a mixed seafood grill with grilled shrimp, scallops and salmon. Came with, among other things, corn on the cob cooked in something good -- I don't know what. I found the prices very reasonable compared to city grub. :) We drank Yuengling lager -- I never did see the entire beer/wine list, but there's a cocktail bar.

The highlight of the place is the Oyster Bar. They feature this thing called The Rooster, which is a saltine topped with a large pile (at least a tablespoon, maybe two!) of horseradish, a thick slice of jalapeno pepper, a large oyster, and a lot of tabasco and coarsely ground black pepper! If you eat three, you get a free t-shirt.

Here are photos of my three Roosters and the t-shirt they gave me for finishing them.

Sacamuelas
11-06-2004, 10:44
What.... no pics of your face WHILE eating them??? :munchin

Damn, I even asked real nice and stuff AM. :D

Doc
11-09-2004, 04:43
BTDT

Too bad Hay Street was long ago changed as it would have made an interesting follow up to that evening's festivities for you. Rick's Lounge comes to mind....

I remember my first visit to Hay Street in the late 70's. It reminded me of how the old west might have been. :D

TrapLine
06-19-2010, 12:02
During a recent trip to Fayetteville, NC, I had the pleasure of dining here. The decor reminded me a little bit of Denny's, ;) , but the food was excellent. I had a mixed seafood grill with grilled shrimp, scallops and salmon. Came with, among other things, corn on the cob cooked in something good -- I don't know what. I found the prices very reasonable compared to city grub. :) We drank Yuengling lager -- I never did see the entire beer/wine list, but there's a cocktail bar.

The highlight of the place is the Oyster Bar. They feature this thing called The Rooster, which is a saltine topped with a large pile (at least a tablespoon, maybe two!) of horseradish, a thick slice of jalapeno pepper, a large oyster, and a lot of tabasco and coarsely ground black pepper! If you eat three, you get a free t-shirt.

Here are photos of my three Roosters and the t-shirt they gave me for finishing them.

I visited the 316 Oyster Bar this past week and had the tuna steak with corn on the cob and a couple of Yuenglings. It was a great meal with excellent company. The next time I visit that Rooster is dead.

37F
06-19-2010, 14:19
I absolutley love this place. I have a cousin who works at the one in Fay. However I dont recomend the one in Raleigh. They had a lot of problems with the food and varmint. I will let you use your imagination:eek:

The Reaper
06-19-2010, 15:43
I absolutley love this place. I have a cousin who works at the one in Fay. However I dont recomend the one in Raleigh. They had a lot of problems with the food and varmint. I will let you use your imagination:eek:

Are you perhaps, confusing 316 Oyster Bar in Fayetteville with 42nd Street Oyster Bar and Grill, in Raleigh?

There is only one 316, to my knowledge.

TR

37F
06-19-2010, 15:54
Yes you are right. I am sorry about that.

AngelsSix
07-05-2010, 21:11
I was waiting to hear if the place was any good, I've been past it many times going to the gun shows....now I know I can at least try it out..;)

Peregrino
07-06-2010, 07:12
I was waiting to hear if the place was any good, I've been past it many times going to the gun shows....now I know I can at least try it out..;)

Don't wait for a gunshow, just go! (Besides - why would you waste time on a Fayetteville Gun Show when it's only 10 minutes more for you to go to Raleigh and attend a decent one?)

greenberetTFS
07-06-2010, 14:05
RL,

Looks great,if I ever get back to Fayettville I'm damn sure I try those oysters!........:D

Big Teddy :munchin

Buffalobob
04-12-2012, 07:40
We stayed across the street from this restaurant and went there for dinner on a Wednesday night. Being from Alabama I grew up with a deep south style of seafood which is different from what this restaurant serves.

The hush puppies are made with honey and a large percentage of flour and no onions where I am used to a cornmeal style that is heavy on onions and black pepper.

The deviled crabs were heavily herbed to the point that there was no crab flavor detectable and were not served in their natural shell. They were left unfinished on the plate.

The grilled scallops had been exposed to the air for too long and were dried out before they were grilled and they were left unfinished on the plate.

The Fat Tire draft beer was good!

So for $92 I was pretty disappointed and I am a person who likes to eat fried crow and squirrel so I am not too finicky about my food.

greenberetTFS
04-12-2012, 11:47
We stayed across the street from this restaurant and went there for dinner on a Wednesday night. Being from Alabama I grew up with a deep south style of seafood which is different from what this restaurant serves.

The hush puppies are made with honey and a large percentage of flour and no onions where I am used to a cornmeal style that is heavy on onions and black pepper.

The deviled crabs were heavily herbed to the point that there was no crab flavor detectable and were not served in their natural shell. They were left unfinished on the plate.

The grilled scallops had been exposed to the air for too long and were dried out before they were grilled and they were left unfinished on the plate.

The Fat Tire draft beer was good!

So for $92 I was pretty disappointed and I am a person who likes to eat fried crow and squirrel so I am not too finicky about my food.

$92?........How many kids do you have?.........;):D

Big Teddy :munchin

mark46th
04-12-2012, 12:23
Hmmm- So should I eat there while at the Convention or not? Maybe just have some Fat Tire on tap?

Dusty
04-12-2012, 12:26
So for $92 I was pretty disappointed and I am a person who likes to eat fried crow

You just lost all credibility as a food critic. :D