PDA

View Full Version : America's Gun: The Rise of the AR-15

SF18C
04-29-2013, 20:21
America's Gun: The Rise of the AR-15

Anyone watch this on CNBC? I know, its one of this sites go to TV channels.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100606839

My assessment:

I watched the show and I guess it was fairer that I thought NBC could be.
Yeah there were a few face palm moments but hey, if the left has to own their idiots I guess the right has to own theirs too.

CONS:
Mr. Yeager's part was downer! But he wouldn’t be a “vocal” voice if people didn’t have over vast amounts of money to him and give him an audience. Plus, he walked out on a question of his actions and words!

The 3D gun segment, fair but unnecessary – it is NBC after all. Not sure how it really added to the discussion.

Pros:
I liked the Girls with Gun segment, showed real women and why they like the AR-15.

They were clear on the history of the AR designation, the difference between an AR and M16/4.

And most shocking of all, real stats/facts on the gun deaths by an AR vs other guns!

Do betters:
Wish they had expanded on the difference between an AR and the M1, showing the ballistics, or “how powerful” the bullet fired form each would be. To contrast with the “medical” evidence of the trauma from an AR-15.

They didn’t go out of their way to find the fringe element on the left that wants to ban, confiscate and outlaw the AR, but then again this in still NBC. That is the regular audience on NBC!

The_Mentalist
06-25-2013, 04:00
I was quite disappointed in some aspects of the show. Remember that these are the guys behind the Rem 700 bashing. As whacked out and arrogant as Piazza is, I believe he would have been better to represent our side than Yeagar. Of course there are many better than either of those. I believe they chose Yeagar because he is so vocal. Colion Noir would have been awesome as a pro 2A spokesman on this show. They could also have shown the damage caused by the many available semi auto "fudd" guns like the 30-06 Remington 742 Woodsmaster and how many of the non "assault rifles" are actually more damaging than the dreaded AR. The only good point is that they did show that an AR is the semi auto version. They did try to be fair, but with such an extreme leftist bias, they couldn't be totally fair.