PDA

View Full Version : What your dog’s breed says about you

BMT (RIP)
04-26-2013, 16:10
Hound dog owners are emotionally stable.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/04/26/what-your-dogs-breed-says-about/?intcmp=features

BMT

grog18b
04-26-2013, 17:38
2. Pastoral pooches (German Shepherds, Collies, and Corgis): If you share your bed with a border Collie, you’ve likely never met a crowd you weren’t comfortable in, you classic extrovert, you.

I call BS on this one. I HATE people, and the only thing I hate more than people is a crowd of people. My GSD also hates people and crowds, and also has Asperger's and Tourettes.

The Reaper
04-26-2013, 18:10
I call BS on this one. I HATE people, and the only thing I hate more than people is a crowd of people. My GSD also hates people and crowds, and also has Asperger's and Tourettes.

I knew I liked you for some reason.

TR

PSM
04-26-2013, 20:58
I'm not sure why the AKC placed Akitas in the Working Dog class. I've had 4 in 40 years and nobody's ever figured what they're good for. They really, really hate to play fetch (watch the movie Hachi [though even there they used a Shiba as a stand in for the Akita :rolleyes:]).

As watch dogs, that's exactly what they do...watch. They can bark, but don't. They observe. I suppose being observed by a large dog is enough, though.

They are stubborn. I guess that fits. ;)

Pat

MR2
04-26-2013, 21:45
As watch dogs, that's exactly what they do...watch. They can bark, but don't. They observe. I suppose being observed by a large dog is enough, though.

Neighbor had an Akita. it was blind. It was a damn good 'watch' dog. :lifter

orion5
04-26-2013, 22:35
2. Pastoral pooches (German Shepherds, Collies, and Corgis): If you share your bed with a border Collie, you’ve likely never met a crowd you weren’t comfortable in, you classic extrovert, you.

Yeah, every GSD owner I know hates people and is happy their GSD hates people (and cats)(and deer)(and doorbell ringers). Although I would probably not accuse them of Asperger's. ;)

If "pastoral pooches" are extroverts, that has to be Labradors, Retrievers, maybe Boxers.

PSM
04-26-2013, 23:37
Neighbor had an Akita. it was blind. It was a damn good 'watch' dog. :lifter

I have no doubt of that. ;)

Pat

cat in the hat
04-27-2013, 00:47
my basset drove me batshit crazy on a regular basis. used to call it "the Basshole"

and it was still better than the vast majority of people i have ever known.

Dusty
04-27-2013, 08:15
my basset drove me batshit crazy on a regular basis. used to call it "the Basshole"

and it was still better than the vast majority of people i have ever known.

I've had six beagles over the years, every one of them crazy as a drunk loon on Orange Barrel.

Five-O
04-27-2013, 08:19
I have a Cane Corso. He spends excessive amounts of time licking his genitals....so...

medic&commo
04-27-2013, 08:22
Owned half a dozen Alaskan Malamutes.
Eat anything & great escape artists.
m&c

Dusty
04-27-2013, 08:30
My wife brought home a Shitszu one morning, but I took it down to the vet and had it euthanized for pissing on my McCain/Palin sign. :
:D

Team Sergeant
04-27-2013, 11:43
My Czech GSD loves all kinds of people, he just doesn’t like seasoning on the illegals ……. :munchin

Pete
04-27-2013, 11:52
Hmmmm, what category does the Carolina Curb Setter fall under?

And the Carolina Yella' Dawg?

craigepo
04-27-2013, 13:50
My might hunting dogs are laying on the couch asleep, and I'm in the recliner under a poncho liner watching a western, chewing shoal, and just got back from a run. That article might be pretty accurate.

Stingray
04-27-2013, 21:25
[QUOTE=Team Sergeant;504035]My Czech GSD loves all kinds of people, he just doesn’t like seasoning on the illegals ……. :munchin[/QUOTE

Good stuff right there!

Stingray
04-27-2013, 21:31
I'm not sure why the AKC placed Akitas in the Working Dog class. I've had 4 in 40 years and nobody's ever figured what they're good for. They really, really hate to play fetch (watch the movie Hachi [though even there they used a Shiba as a stand in for the Akita :rolleyes:]).

They are stubborn. I guess that fits. ;)

Pat

I have had 2. Both were really good watch dogs. Both flight risks and quick killers of anything that got in The yard. Cats, squirels, rabbits, stray dogs, none had a chance. Both were good sizrd, one was over 140lbs.

Paragrouper
04-28-2013, 09:59
What does my dog say about me?

Nothing, he knows better.

Max_Tab
05-07-2013, 12:35

Holy crap!!! I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

doctom54
05-07-2013, 16:17
My Czech GSD loves all kinds of people, he just doesn’t like seasoning on the illegals ……. :munchin

ROTFLMAO

Stobey
05-12-2013, 16:06
AN E-MAIL FROM A FRIEND:

Subject: gotta see my new guard dog....

I got a new guard dog to guard my house.

He was a little more than I thought I should pay.

But, I think when word gets out, we'll be a relatively crime-free neighborhood.

The nice part is he is only a year old and already fully trained.

For your safety, you might want to call the house if you're coming over!

cat in the hat
05-14-2013, 19:17
AN E-MAIL FROM A FRIEND:

Subject: gotta see my new guard dog....

I got a new guard dog to guard my house.

He was a little more than I thought I should pay.

But, I think when word gets out, we'll be a relatively crime-free neighborhood.

The nice part is he is only a year old and already fully trained.

For your safety, you might want to call the house if you're coming over!

this is awsome until it chews up the stock. don't think it will happen? i have a Glock 19 for a souvenier that says otherwise. courtesy of the "Basshole"

alelks
05-14-2013, 19:40
I had to replace my old guard dog

And decided to give the new dog some advanced training.