PDA

View Full Version : Gas Pump Etiquette

twistedsquid
04-25-2013, 17:12
Is it me or are many people douchebags at the pump?

1. If you don't have a diesel vehicle and standard pumps are available don't occupy diesel pumps.

2. Don't pull up to a pump, park and start making cell phone calls while in your vehicle.

3. Don't abandon your vehicle at the pump while you go inside, take a shit, grab whatever items you need for your day and jaw wag with the counter jockey. Move your vehicle!

4. Don't expose us to you cell phone conversations at the pump (or anywhere else, please).

5. Don't spit or smoke at the pump.

6. Clean your windshield concurrently with pumping.

7. Never get mouthy with a veteran...at the pump... when your lazy, inconsiderate, asshole index is off the chart.

Feel free to add any others. Today I just about dropped a 20 something who was "brilliantly ignorant" of all of the above.

SF18C
04-25-2013, 17:29
Move to New Jersey...problem solved!

twistedsquid
04-25-2013, 17:33
Move to New Jersey...problem solved!

You said it brother! The most redeeming quality of mandatory full service!

Ghost_Team
04-26-2013, 07:45
I've had this problem at the Butner Road AAFES gas station, and I have found publicly shaming said inconsiderate individual makes me feel better.

tonyz
04-26-2013, 08:10
1. If you don't have a diesel vehicle and standard pumps are available don't occupy diesel pumps.

3. Don't abandon your vehicle at the pump while you go inside, take a shit, grab whatever items you need for your day and jaw wag with the counter jockey. Move your vehicle.

Travel a lot and see these infractions often - just more self centered behavior.

bandycpa
04-26-2013, 08:45
Don't stop at the first available pump. Pull ahead to the furthest available one so others can fall in behind you easily.

theis223
04-26-2013, 11:41
Lets see:

1. The trash cans are just that-- cans, not a dumpster for your hording habits.

2. When you come in to pay, remember that you actually have to remove the pump from your vehicle BEFORE you can complete your transaction.

3. Use your eyes and mirrors, parking pumps have reinforced barriers. When (not if) you get into a confrontation between your bumper and those barriers, the barriers will always win.

4. Please, for God's sake...turn your friggin engine off. Its kinda self explanatory

5. Remember your shit, i cant tell you how many wallets, phones, Oakleys, and keys i have picked up.

6. If you are pulling up to the air hose, actually park in the spaces designated for the hose, they get expensive to replace over and over from people driving overn them. Also: actually get down and look or read your OM and check the pressure rating for your tires. Its not a theory when the cashier hears a big bang outside.

perdurabo
04-26-2013, 12:07
I've had this problem at the Butner Road AAFES gas station, and I have found publicly shaming said inconsiderate individual makes me feel better.

Ray Davis? :D

Too soon?

miclo18d
04-26-2013, 13:47
Or go to one of these! Lots of pumps and lots of space in between. Friendly service and an air pump around the side with its own space.

The Reaper
04-26-2013, 17:54
The gas stations on Ft Bragg (with the combo fast food restaurant, convenience store, and liquor mart) are the worst designed I have ever seen.

65,000 acres of post and they put them on a tiny lot that would make a high density suburb designer cringe.

If you wonder why they are always out of gas, the brilliant designers of said AAFES Gas/Grease/Grog and Grocery marts installed tank farms with tiny little underground tanks. They have to be refilled as many as three times per day, instead of 2-3 times per week like the off-post stations.

Finally, the soldiers and family members on Ft Bragg are also the worst I have ever seen for leaving the car at the pump (while dozens wait for a free pump) and wandering in the store to meander about for a while and window shop.

I wish they would reinstitute the credit card only pumps again. Before I go into the store and start dragging inconsiderate bitches out by their hair.

TR

mojaveman
04-27-2013, 16:32
The ones I hate are the window washers who come up and start cleaning my windows with old newspaper and a bottle of Windex while I'm pumping gas. They then stand in front of the car and expect me to pay them before I drive off. I've come close to losing my patience with more than a few of them.

LibraryLady
04-28-2013, 11:04
You know those signs that have arrows indicating which direction the flow of traffic should be for the pumps? That's right, they're there to make the flow more efficient, NOT for you to ignore them or claim just because you're there first you should get the pump and not me.

Which by the way, I am facing the correct direction, AND I got to the pump first. I am not intimidated by the fact you are a male, over 6', and driving a big gasoline guzzler. I still got to the diesel pump with my little VW Golf TDI before you did.

So there. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and say things to me. I'm not afraid to respond. I'm not ashamed that I followed the rules. That's not rude. It's following the rules.

You, sir, on the other hand, are a selfish, egomaniacal loser, with penis issues. :p

LL