PDA

View Full Version : Guidance on preparing for SFRE and SFAS

alex.hood
04-20-2013, 07:28
Aight Im in Alabama Guard, Im an 11b deployed right now to Afghanistan. My time here is coming to a close , and as soon as I get home I'll be preparing for selection. Im going to the SFRE in september, then shortly after I'll go to SFAS. Ive been looking for ways to prepare for this, but I'm hearing different things about what I should do. Of course I know to ruck and run. But im sure it would help me to supplement the program with weights . Basically Im just looking for programming guidance from one of you guys who have been through the pipeline, and subsequently, knows what it takes to make it.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ambush Master
04-20-2013, 07:41
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON, it is your friend!! Also, try just looking into the various Forums listed under "The Pipeline"!!

The Reaper
04-20-2013, 08:58
Search, read, and do PT.

TR

alex.hood
04-20-2013, 10:55
appreciate it gentlemen.

stfesta
04-20-2013, 19:17
Ruck, ruck, and ruck.

Rules to live by:
1. Speak when spoken to.
2. Be where you're suppose to be, do what you're suppose to do.
3. Do your very best at everything you do.
4. Don't quit.
5. Don't be a pussy.

I know those sound very generic but, they're not. You will be surprised to see how many can't follow those simple rules.

Good luck,

Oh, I forgot the most important part....ruck some more.
sf

Dominus_Potior
04-20-2013, 23:58
Ruck, ruck, and ruck.

Rules to live by:
1. Speak when spoken to.
2. Be where you're suppose to be, do what you're suppose to do.
3. Do your very best at everything you do.
4. Don't quit.
5. Don't be a pussy.

I know those sound very generic but, they're not. You will be surprised to see how many can't follow those simple rules.

Good luck,

Oh, I forgot the most important part....ruck some more.
sf

Besides what the other QPs said about learning to search, these are words to live by.