PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Logistician in the US Army

Richard
04-14-2013, 08:39
Working on a TAACOM staff teaches you that among experienced logisticians, there's an inescapable sense of gallows humor. You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. IMO this is an amusing yet inightful read.

Then we periodically, 90 percent of what was being done in Djibouti in 2007 was really on the, in the full spectrum scheme, it was really humanitarian aid. It was mil-to-mil training, that kind of stuff. There is about a ten percent kinetic piece. There were some SF guys, of some form, that would periodically disappear and then somebody else would disappear and they would come back. Supporting them was sometimes very interesting. I remember one request, they came to me, “I need as many non-tactical vehicles (NTVs) as you can give me.”

“When do you need them?”

“Tonight.”

“How many do you need?”

“Thirty.”

I had to go around the FOB and pull vehicles from people just so I could give them enough vehicles with no notice, so that they could do and do whatever they were going to do. It was probably a party down at the embassy. I don’t know. [Laughter]…

Richard :munchin

The Funniest Logistician in the U.S. Army (So Far)
Time, 26 Feb 2013

http://nation.time.com/2013/02/26/the-funniest-logistician-in-the-u-s-army-so-far/#ixzz2QRrJYTvi

bluebb
04-14-2013, 10:29
I have long hated the Air Force and it is not just a like a personal grudge, it is a passionate hatred for the Air Force. In Afghanistan, everywhere I have been, they have done some really stupid, fucked-up stuff. Because they don’t want to stay in one country, the will do anything they can not to break crew so they don’t have to stay in that country – - to include fly off without delivering fresh food and vegetables.:D

Excellent.

Beef
04-14-2013, 11:32
Very entertaining, Richard. Most 4 types that I've known have the personality and sense of humor of most CPAs. But.... Frivolity and 1040 forms probably doesn't mix well.

Dozer523
04-14-2013, 11:50
My biggest beef with loggies by breeding - branched as opposed to combat arms detailed guys - is that Logisticians tend to treat everyTHING like a thing to be stored, managed, counted and moved . . . and ultimately, USED.

They tend to treat everyBODY that way too.

Beef
04-14-2013, 12:41
My biggest beef with loggies by breeding - branched as opposed to combat arms detailed guys - is that Logisticians tend to treat everyTHING like a thing to be stored, managed, counted and moved . . . and ultimately, USED.

They tend to tread everyBODY that way too.

True. But there is a not insignificant number that feel that stuff should NOT be used, but stored, managed, counted and moved for eternity. Lest everybody who uses the stuff messes it up or loses it. Which would create the flurry of obligatory statements of loss, charges, etc. that are loggies' nightmares! LOL!

Dozer523
04-14-2013, 12:47
True. But there is a not insignificant number that feel that stuff should NOT be used, but stored, managed, counted and moved for eternity. Lest everybody who uses the stuff messes it up or loses it. Which would create the flurry of obligatory statements of loss, charges, etc. that are loggies' nightmares! LOL!
Bogart the Best
Issue the Rest.

MR2
04-14-2013, 15:43
I've "lost" more compasses... Damn medics!

Richard
04-14-2013, 21:04
When I was in the OACSCMO at the TAACOM, I used to do a monthly parody I called "Loggie Toad" (for the way they moved) of goings on there...until my boss found out and told me to stop it or else. Our office was entirely combat arms officers doing our time in purgatory. Here are a couple of them.

mugwump
04-15-2013, 07:06
When I was in the OACSCMO at the TAACOM, I used to do a monthly parody I called "Loggie Toad" (for the way they moved) of goings on there...until my boss found out and told me to stop it or else. Our office was entirely combat arms officers doing our time in purgatory. Here are a couple of them.

"President Clinton and husband planning criteria..." :)

Badger52
04-15-2013, 07:36

Richard :munchinLMAO, that's great stuff sir.

Richard
04-15-2013, 07:38
Here are a few more. The booster seat was a reference to the CG, 21st TAACOM, who was 5'5" with a DCG who was 6'2" and the former CG who was 6'4".

Notice the dates - has much of anything really changed as far a the issues go.

afchic
04-15-2013, 08:08
As a Loggie, an AF Loggie at that, I am offended I tell you, Offended by the tone of this thread!!!

Richard
04-15-2013, 08:47
Sold any slightly used, low hours F-16s only flown by a numbered Air Force commander in fair weather on Sunday's lately? :p

afchic
04-15-2013, 08:49
Sold any slightly used, low hours F-16s only flown by a numbered Air Force commander in fair weather on Sunday's lately? :p

Pointy nosed aircraft are beneath me. Any idiot can fly one:D

TrapperFrank
04-15-2013, 10:15
I always looked at most log types as distractors that hindered mission accomplishment. They made me into the criminal I was...

SF18C
04-15-2013, 10:21
Legs, they make me laugh!:D

Richard
04-15-2013, 10:24
Pointy nosed aircraft are beneath me. Any idiot can fly one:D

So, still hawking C-123s on the "Third World", huh. :D

afchic
04-15-2013, 17:30
So, still hawking C-123s on the "Third World", huh. :D

Come on now, you know me much better than that. If you can't put at least 4x463Ls on board I don't acknowledge its existence!

The Reaper
04-15-2013, 17:54
Come on now, you know me much better than that. If you can't put at least 4x463Ls on board I don't acknowledge its existence!

So size does matter? :D

TR

afchic
04-15-2013, 18:12
So size does matter? :D

TR

Any woman that tells you it doesn't, is lying :)

PRB
04-15-2013, 18:13
Any woman that tells you it doesn't, is lying :)

Are you calling my wife a liar ;)