PDA

View Full Version : Special operations expand while rest of military feels cuts

BMT (RIP)
04-12-2013, 04:11
http://www.stripes.com/special-operations-expand-while-rest-of-military-feels-cuts-1.216105

BMT

Basenshukai
04-12-2013, 07:21
http://www.stripes.com/special-operations-expand-while-rest-of-military-feels-cuts-1.216105

BMT

Well, the way that money is provided to us (P2 and P11 funds), we certainly HAVE been cut. We have far less ammunition to train with and critical SOF-centric schools have been cancelled. Unless, the legislators think that only JSOC conducts SOF missions in those 70 - 80 countries.

The Reaper
04-12-2013, 16:26
Those who are saying these cuts are merely cosmetic and are not really anything more than a slower growth are sadly deluding themselves.

One ODA was recently told to drive 1,800 miles to MFF training in a government van, and don't stop overnight during the 30+ hour trip so that they could save on per diem.

I shit you not. Welcome back, Jimmy Carter.

TR

sinjefe
04-12-2013, 17:14
Tha'ts because they need more MC-130s, MH-47s, SEAL Delivery Vehicles and more spent on JSOC.

UWOA (RIP)
04-12-2013, 18:56
Tha'ts because they need more MC-130s, MH-47s, SEAL Delivery Vehicles and more spent on JSOC.

What he said ....

They forget that the ability to think and act outside the box first requires a 'brain housing group' to formulate the action plan.

Richard
04-12-2013, 21:39
From the proverbial 'red-headed step child" to the "fair-haired red-headed step child"...

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

kgoerz
04-13-2013, 06:55

Got nothing but respect for Delta Force, they are the best at what they do. But if you look at a SOCOM budget pie chart. They take a huge chunk of it.
Many share my opinion that they are not worth it. There is no Mission they do. That is so special. SF/Rangers couldn't handle it. They just don't bring enough to the table. This goes for the SEAL side of JASOC also.

sinjefe
04-13-2013, 08:32
Got nothing but respect for Delta Force, they are the best at what they do. But if you look at a SOCOM budget pie chart. They take a huge chunk of it.
Many share my opinion that they are not worth it. There is no Mission they do. That is so special. SF/Rangers couldn't handle it. They just don't bring enough to the table. This goes for the SEAL side of JASOC also.

Brother, did you tie one on last night? I mean, damn, looks like a fifth grader wrote that. :D

Surgicalcric
04-13-2013, 09:23
Brother, did you tie one on last night? I mean, damn, looks like a fifth grader wrote that. :D

MTNGoat must be providing grammar tutoring again. :D

UWOA (RIP)
04-13-2013, 10:03

I think it's because Richard is the Bard on this board .... Either that or he was ducking and weaving around the 'INCOMING'.

I've got nothing but respect for Delta, but I only ran across them once (the Tenth Pan Am Games). They came to be (mostly) after my time.

MR2
04-13-2013, 10:44
I've got nothing but respect for Delta, but I only ran across them once (the Tenth Pan Am Games). They came to be (mostly) after my time.

They helped me out with a temporary housing crisis. I was living in a 3x3x3 concrete BOQ; they came along and upgraded me to a flying RV that leaked hydraulic fluid all over the place... I was cool with that - especially with the improved view...

kgoerz
04-14-2013, 06:04

It was 9:00 am when I posted.........all yalll smart asses....:D

UWOA (RIP)
04-14-2013, 20:40
It was 9:00 am when I posted.........all yalll smart asses....:D

That goes without saying .... (grin)