PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie Foreman, D798L

JJ_BPK
04-08-2013, 18:06
Jimmie Foreman, D798L, Melbourne, FL passed away before noon, 7 Apr 13. He is to be cremated. Other details are not available at this time. Please keep the family in your prayers.

Joker
04-08-2013, 20:07
Rest in Peace Brother.

DOL

alelks
04-08-2013, 20:11
RIP Brother!

PRB
04-08-2013, 20:22
RIP

nousdefions
04-09-2013, 00:36
Rest in God's Peace, Warrior

The land of the Free, because of the Brave

JJ_BPK
04-10-2013, 17:34
I received more details:

Subject: 1st SFG(A) Notification - Jimmie (Greasy) Foreman's Memorial Service 27 Apr 2013 1300hrs

Jimmie's Memorial Service will be conducted at the Lake Washington Fellowship Church, 4050 Lake Washington Rd, Melbourne, FL 32934 on the 27th of April 2013, at 1300 hrs.

Of course all are welcome, for those of you that are members of the Special Forces Association we graciously request that you wear your Beret and Blazer!

We are fortunate enough to have the 5th Special Forces Group provide an active duty Team Leader and Team Sergeant to present the Colors and members of the Florida Army National Guard for the rendering of the 21 Gun Salute and playing of Tabs!!

After the ceremony all are invited to the church's fellowship area for refreshments and to meet the family.

The family has requested in memory of Jimmie memorials be sent to the American Cancer Society at www.cancer.org/donate.

Also for those of you that are coming from out of town please e-mail me and I will provide contact info for hotels that are close to the church.

Those of you that are retired may contact the billeting office at Patrick AFB, FL for availability of rooms, which is 10.8 miles from the church and close to the beach.

If any of you are coming in a group ask the billeting personal for availability of the beach houses (3). http://www.gopatrickfl.com/space-coast-inn.html

If you are flying it is suggested that you fly into the International Airport in Melbourne. If you fly into Orlando it is approximately 60 miles away.

After the fellowship we can all rub elbows at the Patrick AFB Yacht Club.

Below is a Bio of Jimmie.

Regards, G

G.L.B.
CSM
US Army SF Retired

Jimmie (Greasy) L Foreman 1st Sgt US Army SF Ret

Jimmie initially enlisted in the Navy in 1955, later with the 173rd Abn Bde in Okinawa.

After being accepted into Special Forces he served with the 1st (Okinawa), 3rd(Ft Bragg,NC), 5th(Vietnam), 6th(Ft Bragg,NC) & 10th(Ft Devens, MA) Special Forces Groups Airborne (SFGA).

After serving as the Bn Engineer for the 2nd Bn, 10th SFGA, he retired as the 1st Sgt of Co B, 54th Engineer Bn in Germany.

Awards/Decorations:

Bronze Star Medal
Good Conduct Medal (5th Award)
National Defense Medal
Vietnam Service Medal
Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal
Republic of Vietnam Cross of Gallantry with Palm Medal
Republic of Vietnam Cross of Gallantry with Bronze Star Medal
Republic of Vietnam Honor Medal 1st Class
Presidential Unit Citation
Meritorious Unit Commendation
Combat Infantry Badge

Master Parachutist Badge

longrange1947
04-10-2013, 17:38
Rest in Peace 'Greasy'.

Snaquebite
04-10-2013, 17:44
Rest in peace Greasy. You taught me a lot and always kept me laughing.

lovemycountry
04-10-2013, 18:51
Rest in Peace, Warrior and thank you for your Service.

LMC