PDA

View Full Version : Weapon ID

Sdiver
04-05-2013, 12:10
The local news released this video last night of a couple of idiots holding up a liquor store. They've hit several stores/businesses along one certain road.

But the weapon in question, some say look like an airsoft rifle (hence no butt stock), while others are calling for even stricter gun laws (because of the evil black "assault weapon").

This link has video of the story and also of the incident.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/robbers-with-assault-style-weapon-sought-in-aurora-business-robberies

Also, what do you think, Male or Female robbers?

Team Sergeant
04-05-2013, 12:21
Looks like an FN Fal and the article said it was two black "males". You can see moron boy loading the weapon in video. Charging handle is up front near the front sight. I'm not sure what that protrusion is where the stock should be.

Sdiver
04-05-2013, 12:31
Sorry, I should have clarified the Male or Female part.

The story/PD does say that they're two males, but appears that their eyebrows, especially the one in the gray hoodie, are "drawn on", like with a Sharpie. LOL

Also, their body shapes look somewhat feminine.

Team Sergeant
04-05-2013, 12:38
Two black trannies with an FN Fal?
Prob just out collecting money for their gender reorientation operation. Silly trannies, San Francisco will do that for you on the taxpayers dime.

PedOncoDoc
04-05-2013, 13:37
Also, their body shapes look somewhat feminine.

Heavy marijuana use has been shown to cause gynecomastia. They are in Colorado... :rolleyes:

JJ_BPK
04-05-2013, 14:27
Looks like an FN Fal

I'm thinking a HK G3, with the stock slid in??

The FAL has a recoil spring the goes all the way to the butt plate. It's encased in a steel tube..

The FAL PARA with collapsible stocks have special frames, bolts, & recoil spring sets.

AND it may be airsoft?? The mag looks tooo big..

BKKMAN
04-05-2013, 16:37
I'm thinking a HK G3, with the stock slid in??

The FAL has a recoil spring the goes all the way to the butt plate. It's encased in a steel tube..

The FAL PARA with collapsible stocks have special frames, bolts, & recoil spring sets.

AND it may be airsoft?? The mag looks tooo big..

With the round, hooded front sight and forward cant to the magazine, my vote is that is an HK G3 variant. In the video, it looks like the butt stock rails are extended slightly, but the small shoulder pad you would expect to see on the end is broken off/missing...

ETA: Firing a 7.62 G3 with just those small rails extending from the rear of the weapon pressed to the shoulder would most likely end with the shooter getting those driven into his/her/its shoulder from the recoil...I know more than one person that didn't respect the recoil of the G3 and ended up with a black eye from a loose shooting position

Which would lead me to believe that this person probably hasn't fired the weapon before (if it is real) or that it is an Airsoft replica, given the lackadaisical manner in which they are handling it...

The Reaper
04-05-2013, 17:41
G3 / HK-91 / PTR

Good possibility it is an Airsoft rifle with a broken stock.

TR

Richard
04-05-2013, 18:28
G3A4 w/broken stock.

Richard :munchin