PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated JTAC positions.

bayonet_53
03-18-2013, 09:58
I searched the forum, and I could not find anything about it. I hear a lot of the Senior leadership at my ASOS talk about JTAC's from Guard units being dedicated to Guard SFG. I live in FL, but I am in the MS ANG. I am slotted for JTAC-QC within the next few months, and I am trying to gain info on the possibility to train/learn from FL 20th SFG in relation to CAS implementation.

Thanks,
-Jim

18C4V
03-18-2013, 10:24
I searched the forum, and I could not find anything about it. I hear a lot of the Senior leadership at my ASOS talk about JTAC's from Guard units being dedicated to Guard SFG. I live in FL, but I am in the MS ANG. I am slotted for JTAC-QC within the next few months, and I am trying to gain info on the possibility to train/learn from FL 20th SFG in relation to CAS implementation.

Thanks,
-Jim

That's a great question and I think some of the COA's would be; how far is your guard unit going to allow you to train with NG SF with regards to budgeting.

With you in FL, it would be pretty cheap for your unit to have you link up with a Guard SF unit going to Have Ace East. For the other guard units, there's Have Ace West and other places that NG SF goes to train for CAS. Might be easier for guard units to link up at those locations. My ODA just went to Have Ace West were each one of us averaged about 21 live call for fire. It would have been simple to throw in a JTAC during our CFF rotation.

bayonet_53
03-20-2013, 18:28
That's a great question and I think some of the COA's would be; how far is your guard unit going to allow you to train with NG SF with regards to budgeting.

With you in FL, it would be pretty cheap for your unit to have you link up with a Guard SF unit going to Have Ace East. For the other guard units, there's Have Ace West and other places that NG SF goes to train for CAS. Might be easier for guard units to link up at those locations. My ODA just went to Have Ace West were each one of us averaged about 21 live call for fire. It would have been simple to throw in a JTAC during our CFF rotation.

Roger that 18C4V. I will have to contact A Co. 3/20th SFG to see if they will allow me to train with them on CAS/e-CAS. Budgeting would be the only constraint, but my ASOS is will to work something out. I drilled with 20th as part of the SOT-D program from 2009-2010, and I then switched to MS ANG. Thanks for the recommendations.

Surgicalcric
03-21-2013, 19:18
...I drilled with 20th as part of the SOT-D program from 2009-2010, and I then switched to MS ANG. Thanks for the recommendations.

SFRE program... It just so happens that it took place at the SOT-D. ;)

bayonet_53
03-22-2013, 22:34
SFRE program... It just so happens that it took place at the SOT-D. ;)

Roger that