PDA

View Full Version : Why Does the Devil Look Exactly Like Obama?

Dusty
03-18-2013, 08:11
Click for photo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2295082/Why-does-devil-The-Bible-look-exactly-like-President-Obama.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Sdiver
03-18-2013, 08:28
Well, one is a Moroccan and the other is a Kenyan.

Of course they're going to look alike ...... they're both actors.

:munchin

longrange1947
03-18-2013, 09:07
Why is everyone insulting the poor Moroccan? :munchin :D

medic&commo
03-18-2013, 10:16
The dircector chose who best personified the Devil - BHO; & then the poor Moroccan was chosen to portray him.
m&c

JJ_BPK
03-18-2013, 12:07
I think it's to close to call?? :D

afchic
03-18-2013, 12:19
You all know I certainly don't like the current resident of 1600 Penn Ave. But with that being said, everyone here was up in arms about HBO using a severed head of President Bush in one of its "Game of Thrones" episodes.

In my view, the POTUS, regardless of who he/she is, should not be portrayed in either of these ways, most especially while they still hold office.

Dusty
03-18-2013, 12:46
You all know I certainly don't like the current resident of 1600 Penn Ave. But with that being said, everyone here was up in arms about HBO using a severed head of President Bush in one of its "Game of Thrones" episodes.

In my view, the POTUS, regardless of who he/she is, should not be portrayed in either of these ways, most especially while they still hold office.

lol Sounds like you're saying Bush was portraying a severed head, while Obama is portraying the devil. :D

Incidentally, in my view, "regardless of who he/she is" is jumping the gun... :D

Dusty
03-18-2013, 13:23
I think it's to close to call?? :D

lol Good work! :D

echoes
03-18-2013, 13:35
Why is everyone insulting the poor Moroccan? :munchin :D

Agree 100%, Sir!:p

After all, he is not the, "Teleprompter-Reader-In-Chief."

Now if he actually were a CIC..........

Holly:munchin

DDD
03-18-2013, 13:40

[The difference is that in "the Bible" it is an actor that may (or may not) resemble the POTUS, whereas in the "Game of Thrones" they used a bust of the former POTUS.

Dusty
03-18-2013, 13:51
[ an actor that may (or may not) resemble the POTUS,

You mean that's not actually him?

Richard
03-18-2013, 13:59
And so Glen Beck {yawn} rides {<yawn>} again...ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Richard :munchin

Snaquebite
03-18-2013, 14:05
Didn't take the History Channel long to come out with a public statement.

"HISTORY channel has the highest respect for President Obama. The Bible series was produced with an international and diverse cast of respected actors. It's unfortunate that anyone made this false connection. HISTORY’s ‘The Bible’ is meant to enlighten people on its rich stories and deep history."

Executive Producers, Mark Burnett & Roma Downey said:
"This is utter nonsense. The actor who played Satan, Mehdi Ouazanni, is a highly acclaimed Moroccan actor. He has previously played parts in several Biblical epics– including Satanic characters long before Barack Obama was elected as our President."

Executive Producer, Roma Downey added, "Both Mark and I have nothing but respect and love for our President, who is a fellow Christian. False statements such as these are just designed as a foolish distraction to try and discredit the beauty of the story of The Bible."

Dusty
03-18-2013, 14:20
Didn't take the History Channel long to come out with a public statement.

lol All well and good, but the guy favors Obama. If he favored Honey Boo Boo, people would make an (obvious) comparison, too.

Dusty
03-18-2013, 14:22
And so Glen Beck {yawn} rides {<yawn>} again...ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

What, Beck moved to the UK and works for the Daily Mail, now? This was on Drudge. The one who broke the Lewinski scandal.

Not much yawning, then.

Lan
03-18-2013, 14:44
Because Mark Burnett knows something we don't?

Sigaba
03-18-2013, 14:45
Why is it that some viewers will be up in arms over products from the entertainment industry not being realistic but will fall stone silent when Europeans playing key biblical characters?

Or is that also different?

Dusty
03-18-2013, 14:57
Why is it that some viewers will be up in arms over products from the entertainment industry not being realistic but will fall stone silent when Europeans playing key biblical characters?

Or is that also different?

lol Good point, Sig. Where's Seinfeld and Mel Brooks when you need 'em? :D

echoes
03-18-2013, 15:03
"HISTORY channel has the highest respect for President Obama."

Executive Producer, Roma Downey added, "Both Mark and I have nothing but respect and love for our President, who is a fellow Christian."

All I need to hear....

What a bunch of horseshit.

Was going to give them an old fashioned phone call about my Uncles WWII memoraila, but I think not. He would not have wasted his time with folks who think like this, and neither will I.

Holly:rolleyes:

Dusty
03-18-2013, 15:07
"HISTORY channel has the highest respect for President Obama."

Executive Producer, Roma Downey added, "Both Mark and I have nothing but respect and love for our President, who is a fellow Christian."

Holly:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuXxtg4M_z8

echoes
03-18-2013, 15:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuXxtg4M_z8

Sir, the caption read this:

"Obama Recites The Islamic Call To Prayer In Perfect Arabic / The Adhan / Video"

Was that real?:confused:

Holly

Dusty
03-18-2013, 15:29
Sir, the caption read this:

"Obama Recites The Islamic Call To Prayer In Perfect Arabic / The Adhan / Video"

Was that real?:confused:

Holly

Not sure I understand your question. His stepdad, Lolo Sotero, was a radical muslim, and little Barry Sotero went to a muslim school in Jakarta.

Obama figured out that it would be politically expedient to identify himself with a Christian Church in the mid-80's. Run by this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPR5jnjtLo

lol You don't hear much about Wright anymore, even though Obama attended his church for more than 20 years.

From snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

They're pretty cut and dried. It's a long read, but it lays it all out.

Sigaba
03-18-2013, 15:36
You don't hear much about Wright anymore, even though [the president] attended his church for more than 20 years.This relationship remains one of the best examples of why I dislike the man and do not trust him.

How can one sit and listen to such controversial sermons and either not notice or speak out or find another church?

My paternal grandmother is an evangelist and step grand father is a pastor. They changed churches because of differing POVs on how the congregation should say the Lord's Prayer. (Yes, there may have been other issues as well, but this one was still at the eye of the storm.)

Dusty
03-18-2013, 15:47
How can one sit and listen to such controversial sermons and either not notice or speak out or find another church?

There can be but one explanation; he agreed with the content. He left for political expediency-the same reason he joined.

Sigaba
03-18-2013, 16:11
There can be but one explanation; he agreed with the content. He left for political expediency-the same reason he joined.MOO, an equally sustainable explanation--and the one I prefer-- is that he just didn't care. His attendance advanced his social and political agenda, he was disinterested in matters of belief, and he wasn't paying attention to the spiritual and intellectual well being of his constituents.

(My interpretation remains that the man is a self interested opportunist who allows his opponents and supporters to believe what they will--as long as those beliefs advance his agenda. That is, he's deplorable not because he's a liberal--some of my best friends are liberals--but because he allows liberals to think he's one of them. This disconnect adds to the dysfunction of American political culture while preventing the kind of synergy among well meaning conservatives and liberals that might lead to the creation of new ways to address the nation's ills.)

My $0.02.

Dozer523
03-18-2013, 16:15
The President
The devil
A Muslim actor
Monica
Rev Wright
And to think I scoffed at the Death Star conspiracy.

PSM
03-18-2013, 16:18
"If I had a son, he'd look just like Barack." Satan ;)

Pat

tonyz
03-18-2013, 16:18
"...the man is a self interested opportunist..."

Far too many of our current political elite match this description.

Dusty
03-18-2013, 16:23
MOO, an equally sustainable explanation--and the one I prefer-- is that he just didn't care. His attendance advanced his social and political agenda, he was disinterested in matters of belief, and he wasn't paying attention to the spiritual and intellectual well being of his constituents.

My $0.02.

Could very well be the case.

Just as bad.

Sigaba
03-18-2013, 16:24
Far too many of our current political elite match this description.IMO, one would be hard pressed to name an interval when such wasn't the case.

(MOO, the lion's share of the blame belongs to the voters. Especially those who insist upon ideological conformity and/or cast their ballots based upon one or two issues.)

Dusty
03-18-2013, 16:25
IMO, one would be hard pressed to name an interval when such wasn't the case.

(MOO, the lion's share of the blame belongs to the voters. Especially those who insist upon ideological conformity and/or cast their ballots based upon one or two issues.)

The mainstream press comes into play there, as well.

Dusty
03-18-2013, 16:27
The President
The devil
A Muslim actor
Monica
Rev Wright
And to think I scoffed at the Death Star conspiracy.

lol

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/03/18/death_star_an_inside_job_watch_luke_s_change_parod y_9_11_conspiracy_video.html

Richard
03-18-2013, 16:33
What, Beck moved to the UK and works for the Daily Mail, now? This was on Drudge. The one who broke the Lewinski scandal.

Not much yawning, then.

Originally Posted by Dusty

Right-wing commentator and radio-host Glenn Beck first pointed out the eerie similarity on Saturday, tweeting, 'Anyone else think the Devil in #TheBible Sunday on History Channel looks exactly like That Guy?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2295082/Why-does-devil-The-Bible-look-exactly-like-President-Obama.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

{<YAWN>}

Sigaba
03-18-2013, 16:36
The mainstream press comes into play there, as well.
I'm increasingly inclined to view this argument as more of a crutch than anything else. The left used it when Reagan, Bush the Elder, and Bush the Younger were in office. The right seems to be returning the favor in"The Only Way to Beat Us Is To Cheat Us" school of political debate.

If voters are unwilling to do the intellectual leg work to develop a well rounded understanding of an issue, is that the "fault" of the MSM or the education system or any other third party, or do the voters themselves need to look in the mirror and ask themselves some tough questions like "Where is my library card?"

tonyz
03-18-2013, 16:58
IMO, one would be hard pressed to name an interval when such wasn't the case.

Agreed. Perhaps, it's the nature of the beast.

Agree again. The Obamaphone ladies and the Sandra Flukes of this world appear reliably consistent with that ideological conformity thing.

Dusty
03-18-2013, 17:09
I'm increasingly inclined to view this argument as more of a crutch than anything else.

I quit watching cable news. I watch PBS and ABC. I can't believe how unabashedly slanted to the left these jokers are.

If you want to know about anything potentially denigrating to the administration or liberals in general, a la Benghazi, Perez, Holder, Cyprus, Menendez- ad nauseum-you won't find out by watching ABC or PBS. Neither to a great extent by reading the NYT, WaPo or the WSJ. NPR? Forget it.

The mainstream media doesn't even try appear to be objective anymore. They blatantly spin everything in protection of the point of view toward their fellow libs.

I do adhere to your 'crutch' view, though, in that we as free Americans can't let these court jesters mislead us as to what's really happening.

The left's media vanguard was Cronkite, and they've continued the tradition. They even threw Woodward under the bus, Sig.

Dusty
03-18-2013, 17:13
{<YAWN>}

Oh, gotcha.

Hat's off to Beck.

Dozer523
03-18-2013, 17:14
The mainstream press comes into play there, as well.The President
The devil
A Muslim actor
Monica
Rev Wright
And to think I scoffed at the Death Star conspiracy

Trifecta! I forgot there had to be a MSM connection.
And don't forget libtards:D

Sigaba
03-18-2013, 17:18
Agree again. The [deleted]phone ladies and the Sandra Flukes of this world appear reliably consistent with that ideological conformity thing.I was referring more to our side of the aisle.

But if one wants to keep pointing fingers at the opposition, that approach worked so well in 2008 and 2012, I can see the appeal of going for the hat trick in 2016.:rolleyes:

Dusty
03-18-2013, 17:21
And don't forget libtards:D

Now, that's a word I'll never use.

I fully understand how discomfiting the muslim connection, Wright, and the other stuff can be to liberals, and I'll never stoop low enough to call them that.

It's not their fault in most cases. Poor parenting, peer pressure, laziness and ignorance of the facts are causes to the effect, and don't warrant calling them "libtards" for winding up heading in the wrong direction.

Sdiver
03-18-2013, 17:31
I have a lovely bunch of coconuts.

:munchin

tonyz
03-18-2013, 17:35
I was referring more to our side of the aisle.

But if one wants to keep pointing fingers at the opposition, that approach worked so well in 2008 and 2012, I can see the appeal of going for the hat trick in 2016.:rolleyes:

And, I was addressing the issue of ideological conformity that you brought up.

It does seem reasonably clear that an objective observer might see that the Obamaphone/Fluke examples...meet your self professed standards for "blame."

You pointed the finger, I merely provided examples.