PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Collins: Obama Couldn't Eat Without His Food Taster

BMT (RIP)
03-16-2013, 11:04
This could fit in a couple of forums. ;-))

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/15/Sen-Collins-Obama-Couldn-t-Eat-Without-His-Food-Taster

BMT

Dad
03-16-2013, 18:44
When I clicked on that link I got a virus warning. Did anyone else?

PSM
03-16-2013, 18:58

Works for me.

Pat

Sdiver
03-16-2013, 19:16

I got that too.

But noticed it's a virus disguised as a "virus warning". If you freak out and think you have a virus and and click on this "warning", it will download a trojan horse virus. But my current firewall and virus detection would've stopped it .... hopefully. :D

But I just closed down the link and the site (PS.com), exited out of my browser, then reopened my browser and the site, clicked on the link and didn't get that "warning" the second time.

PRB
03-16-2013, 20:22
I've noticed a great deal of these virus warnings linked to any anti Obama thread or site......nice way to limit viewing

PSM
03-16-2013, 21:49
The U.S. Secret Service is tight-lipped about whether presidents utilize "food tasters” to ensure a commander in chief’s meals are safe to consume. But comments by Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) appear to confirm what is widely assumed: the president’s food must pass inspection before eating can commence.

During a Thursday luncheon with Republicans, President Barack Obama reportedly was unable to dine on the lobster feast set before him. Daily Caller obtained audio of Collins explaining the reason why.

“He honestly did look longingly at it,” said Collins. “But apparently he has to have essentially a taster, and I pointed out to him that we were all tasters for him, that if the food had been poisoned all of us would have keeled over so, but he did look longingly at it and he remarked that we have far better food than the Democrats do, and I said that was because I was hosting.”

Collins’s comments echo those of past reports. During a 2010 presidential visit to India, local media quoted a doctor discussing presidential food tasting protocols. President George H.W. Bush’s food taster reportedly brought along bottled water and condiments when dining at restaurants.

Pat

SF18C
03-16-2013, 21:58
Maybe he wasn't sure if Muslims could eat Lobster!!:D

BrokenSwitch
03-17-2013, 15:33
When Obama gets to Israel, he'll be staying at the King David hotel, and leaving within 48 hours of the beginning of Passover. Since the hotel staff won't have enough time to prepare for the holiday after he leaves, they've already cleaned the kitchens.

This means Obama & co. will need to order out each night, which will be a headache for the staff who need to make sure he doesn't contaminate anything. Otherwise, any hot hotel food they get will need to be from the Passover menu.

I hope his taster enjoys the bread of affliction. :D