PDA

View Full Version : A Day of Remembrance

nousdefions
03-06-2013, 21:44
One hundred and seventy seven years ago, we had a little dust-up here, that you may have heard of. It didn't end well, but it got a lot better latter on.

So I went down to the big city and headed downtown to see what the commotion was all about.
(Picture 1)

I also saw this:
(Picture 2)
(For those that don't know, that's Texan for Molon Labe)

So I'm ending the day with the Duke and his picture show from 1959. I'm enjoying a fine Hoyo De Monterrey and a glass of Rebecca Creek Whiskey in honor of those great heroes.

I thank God that in times of need, Men of Strong Character are there to stand in the breach.

Dad
03-06-2013, 22:02
Most of the men who died in the Alamo had been in Texas a short time. They came here to fight for a principle. Only 6 were born in Texas, all of whom were of Spanish descent. They were men who died for others freedom. Kind of related to that motto, "do opresso liber."

BOfH
03-06-2013, 22:24
Entire post.

QP nousdefions,
Thanks for the poignant reminder. (If it wasn't for the nor'easter I'd be lighting up as well - I have some Diesel Unlimited that are just about ready :boohoo)

My .02(from a fellow CISSP ;) )

nousdefions
03-06-2013, 22:54
My .02(from a fellow CISSP ;) )

That's 6 hours you'll never get back...;)

BOfH
03-07-2013, 16:17
That's 6 hours you'll never get back...;)

Yea, that and many more hours spent on (in)security certification alphabet soup. :p