PDA

View Full Version : White House releases state-by-state breakdown of sequester’s effects

Dragbag036
02-24-2013, 19:26
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/white-house-releases-state-by-state-breakdown-of-sequesters-effects/2013/02/24/caeb71a0-7ec0-11e2-a350-49866afab584_story.html

Its not about whether this will happen now, I think it is more about what the true impact will be. Is chicken little right? "the sky is falling". How much will it hurt?

SF18C
02-24-2013, 21:12
Bring it on...I'm ready for 6 month of 3 day weekends!

I swear watching DC Pol-cats working on budget issues is like watching a pig do a mth problem!

Trapper John
02-25-2013, 07:00
Bring it on...I'm ready for 6 month of 3 day weekends!

I swear watching DC Pol-cats working on budget issues is like watching a pig do a mth problem!

Or monkeys trying to have coitus with a football (Sheldon speak because I'm in a public forum) :D

Seriously, any CEO and BoD for a company in this fiscal shape would cut spending at least to the degree the sequester requires. The next issue is to stimulate growth in the economy without raising debt. Yes it's tough but us fiscal conservatives have been warning about this eventuality for decades.

The alternative is predictable: further downgrade of our credit and loss of reference currency status. If that happens the inflation rate we saw in the '70s will look down-right reasonable. Oh, and our national security, Hah. The US will be at its most vulnerable since the pre-WWII era.

Wake up people! There is no free lunch or Obama phones.

Pete
02-25-2013, 07:51
The panic over the loss of public sector jobs at all levels - local, state and federal - shows just how entrenched Federal spending is at all levels.

If you take the man's money because you don't want to pay for things you have to kiss his ass.

Badger52
02-25-2013, 08:16
The panic over the loss of public sector jobs at all levels - local, state and federal - shows just how entrenched Federal spending is at all levels.

If you take the man's money because you don't want to pay for things you have to kiss his ass.Exactly the topic at work today. States getting ready to find out what happens when you allow someone to leave money on the nightstand up front. To think they won't return, after the children are welded to the teat, is foolish.

Wait till the checks are late...
:cool:

ddoering
02-25-2013, 19:31
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/white-house-releases-state-by-state-breakdown-of-sequesters-effects/2013/02/24/caeb71a0-7ec0-11e2-a350-49866afab584_story.html

Its not about whether this will happen now, I think it is more about what the true impact will be. Is chicken little right? "the sky is falling". How much will it hurt?

California and New York really get hit hard. I'm cool with that. I've already got my furlough days planned out.:boohoo

Richard
02-25-2013, 19:44
CA, FL, NY, TX - big states take biggest hits.

It's not the "Great Depression" but it will definitely affect the lifestyles we've become accustomed to and our general quality of life.

Richard :munchin

Dragbag036
02-25-2013, 19:47
Veterans services – Although the Department of Veterans Affairs is exempt from sequestration, the Department of Labor’s Veterans Transition Assistance Program, which serves over 150,000 veterans a year, would have to reduce operations – leaving thousands of transitioning veterans unserved as they move from active duty to civilian life. The Jobs for Veterans State Grants Program would also experience cuts, translating into a reduction in the capacity to serve tens of thousands of veterans in their efforts to find civilian employment.

They get you coming and going...

SF18C
02-25-2013, 20:56
CA, FL, NY, TX - big states take biggest hits.

It's not the "Great Depression" but it will definitely affect the lifestyles we've become accustomed to and our general quality of life.

Richard :munchin

Or the loss of only 2%, despite all the grand standing, bloviating, and cries of woe, won't effect the 99%!

So after watching the Pol-Cats on the Sunday Shows here is my piss poor attempt at gazing into the Crystal Ball...late Thursday evening (about 2100 EST) NBC will break from "The Office" to announce that the Great-One has reached a historic deal with the Congress-critters (Left and Right) to advert this financial tragedy, saving all us from the great depression of the 21st century...at least until May!

This makes me laugh every time I hear it...should I get a lawyer?

http://youtu.be/j2AvU2cfXRk

Dragbag036
02-26-2013, 13:56
Or the loss of only 2%, despite all the grand standing, bloviating, and cries of woe, won't effect the 99%!

So after watching the Pol-Cats on the Sunday Shows here is my piss poor attempt at gazing into the Crystal Ball...late Thursday evening (about 2100 EST) NBC will break from "The Office" to announce that the Great-One has reached a historic deal with the Congress-critters (Left and Right) to advert this financial tragedy, saving all us from the great depression of the 21st century...at least until May!

This makes me laugh every time I hear it...should I get a lawyer?

http://youtu.be/j2AvU2cfXRk

Can I get in on that wager? We will have to use the Ranger School barter system of course "I have, I want".:D

Here are the session dates for the year. God forbid they lose any off time over this!
http://hobnobblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/2013_Congressional_Calendar_web3.pdf

pcfixer
02-26-2013, 16:14
Anything out of the while house is more than chicken little syndrome and more political grandstanding.