PDA

View Full Version : Latest Bin Laden Tape

NousDefionsDoc
10-29-2004, 16:13
So what do you guys think?

rubberneck
10-29-2004, 16:36
So what do you guys think?

I wish that pig f-er was rotting in hell. Between this video tape and the tape of the American AQ member it certian makes life harder for John Kerry.

ghuinness
10-29-2004, 16:41
All the pundits seem to think this will help Bush. I am not so sure.
An AQ attack would help Bush, I think this tape helps Kerry.

This may tie in with your other post about the AStan elections and AQ's inability to cause chaos. They have to pull OBL out of the caves and manufacture a tape.

Kerry has already started using the new tape:

'On a local Milwaukee news station WISN - Kerry was asked to respond to the new Bin-Laden tape and parts of it were played for him. He started:

"If Bush hadn't let him get away in Tora Bora..." .....'

I wonder when the tape was made. There is no reference to al-Zarqawi, which I find odd given their latest pledge of allegiance to bin Laden and al Qaeda.

my .02

NousDefionsDoc
10-29-2004, 16:50
I wish that pig poker was rotting in hell. Between this video tape and the tape of the American AQ member it certian makes life harder for John Kerry.

Language, language. There are ladies...

rubberneck
10-29-2004, 16:52
Language, language. There are ladies...

Sorry about that. I edited the word out. I have a visceral reaction to the mere mention of that animals name.

NousDefionsDoc
10-29-2004, 16:54
Thank you. Although I liked my edit of your quote better. ;)

Team Sergeant
10-29-2004, 16:55
YU*#^%^!#$$^%@!$#!$@#$~#$^%$^% I cannot believe we can't find that @$%^%!@#$%$!#$#~@@#$~@#$! to kill him! The most powerful and advanced nation in the world and we can't find one !@#$%#@%~@#$ raghead!

Where's Billy Waugh when we need him????

Billy if you're reading this I'm ready to go hunting....

Team Sergeant

DunbarFC
10-29-2004, 17:24
The studio like set is interesting

He looks sickly

I wonder what they are hiding with him sitting behind a desk

Smokin Joe
10-29-2004, 19:54
YU*#^%^!#$$^%@!$#!$@#$~#$^%$^% I cannot believe we can't find that @$%^%!@#$%$!#$#~@@#$~@#$! to kill him! The most powerful and advanced nation in the world and we can't find one !@#$%#@%~@#$ raghead!

Where's Billy Waugh when we need him????

Billy if you're reading this I'm ready to go hunting....

Team Sergeant

Team Sergeant can I PLEASE come with?

The Reaper
10-29-2004, 19:59
The studio like set is interesting

He looks sickly

I wonder what they are hiding with him sitting behind a desk

Monica Lewinski.

TR

rubberneck
10-29-2004, 20:08
Earlier I was flipping around the idiot box and stopped on the Larry King show. Larry was interviewing the Dean of US Journalism, Walter Chronkite. Any how after several rambling response to softball tossed by King Cronkite came right out and accused Karl Rove of being behind the Bin Laden tape to distract us from the "mess" at Al Qa Qaa and the wider "mess' in Iraq. I about fell off my seat on that one yet King said nothing.

DunbarFC
10-29-2004, 20:23
Monica Lewinski.

TR

No wonder he looks so awful

NousDefionsDoc
10-29-2004, 20:35
So is he not dead?

The Reaper
10-29-2004, 20:48
So is he not dead?

I am not entirely convinced that is him, or that we would admit it if it wasn't, for the reasons previously noted.

TR

rubberneck
10-30-2004, 07:23
The aformentioned Walter Chronkite interview:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

OSAMA BIN LADEN (through translator): Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands. Any nation that does not attack us will not be attacked.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: OK, Walter. What do you make of this?

CRONKITE: Well, I make it out to be initially the reaction that it's a threat to us, that unless we make peace with him, in a sense, we can expect further attacks. He did not say that precisely, but it sounds like that when he says...

KING: The warning.

CRONKITE: What we just heard. So now the question is basically right now, how will this affect the election? And I have a feeling that it could tilt the election a bit. In fact, I'm a little inclined to think that Karl Rove, the political manager at the White House, who is a very clever man, he probably set up bin Laden to this thing. The advantage to the Republican side is to get rid of, as a principal subject of the campaigns right now, get rid of the whole problem of the al Qaqaa explosive dump. Right now, that, the last couple of days, has, I think, upset the Republican campaign.

Gypsy
10-30-2004, 08:03
Have to wonder what Walter is smoking. There can be no "peace making" with terrorists...and the Al Qaqaa story was already being debunked before OBL decided to show his pointy little head.

szechuan
10-30-2004, 19:34
Just an armchair theory, but it crossed my mind the tape might be intended more for Pakistani and Saudi domestic consumption, after all. OBL makes an obvious attempt at statesmanship and presents himself as the spokesman of the "Muslim Nation". Maybe this is the beginning of a coup attempt in Pakistan and/or Saudi Arabia and the targeting of US voters is just a by-product(?).

casey
10-31-2004, 08:29
Wait a minute, ... according to some high ranking Washington democrats and former diplomats (Albright and crew) didn't W already have OBL? And wasn't He just waiting to wheel him out in shackles before the election???

Thank God for Mr. Cronkite. He cleared up my confusion, and refocused my thought process - I'll paraphrase "It was a very clever Republican who set OBL to do this thing" Yea, yea thats it (sound of marbles being rolled in my hand) it all started with the strawberrys... the strawberrys

ghuinness
11-05-2004, 20:10
Stratfor-Terror is posting a bunch of rumours about yet another tape delivered to Al Jazeera Nov. 3.

"... Sources close to the Pentagon have told Stratfor that Al Jazeera does, in fact, have a tape that has not been aired. The sources say it is likely the same message aired Oct. 29, but much longer. Therefore, Al Jazeera most likely is planning to air portions of the tape not previously broadcast...."

An article in MIT Technology (Jan 2004) suggested that the voice on the OBL tapes might actually be Saad bin Osama bin Laden - OBL's son. (OBL killed in Tora Bora)

"Saad bin Osama bin Laden is the third of Osama's 23 to 50 children; he is known to be in his early twenties. He has been active in al Qaeda since his pre-teen years, and was probably being groomed for eventual leadership. He is reported to be fluent in English and the use of computers. The Washington Post reported that Saad was a key organizer of the May 12, 2003, al Qaeda bombing in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. There have been reports that he is hiding along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border; others say that he is in Iran close to the Afghanistan border, in a region not controlled by the Iranian government. The Arab newspaper Asharq Al Awsat says that Saad is now one of the principal leaders of al Qaeda, but I'm skeptical of that. Al Qaeda is too sophisticated to let such a young and inexperienced person take over. But he likely has an extremely useful talent: sounding like his dad.
Parents and children tend to sound alike, and that effect is exaggerated when bandwidth is poor, such as in a telephone call or on a cassette recording. In fact, commercial speech recognition software that is "trained" to respond to a particular person's voice often will have a hard time distinguishing the voice of a family member. The more sophisticated systems that intelligence agencies presumably use may of course be less prone to such confusion-but I suspect that this vulnerability to child and sibling spoofing remains. And I doubt that the U.S. government has a recording of Saad to use for comparison..."

Thoughts?

The Reaper
11-05-2004, 20:31
Thoughts?

I think that Cranky Old Walter is almost as crazy as Osama.

"Walt, step away from the crack pipe!"

ghuinness
11-05-2004, 20:36
I think that Cranky Old Walter is almost as crazy as Osama.

"Walt, step away from the crack pipe!"

My post had nothing to do with Walter Cronkite. :confused:

The Reaper
11-05-2004, 20:37
My post had nothing to do with Walter Cronkite. :confused:

Just using it to offer an opinion.

Sorry if I offended or confused you.

I have previously stated that I believe that OBL is dead, and the latest recordings are not him.

TR

Ret10Echo
05-21-2008, 05:19
Bumping the old thread....More tapes, more opinion....

R10

Is Bin Laden moving on from Iraq?
By Paul Reynolds
World affairs correspondent BBC News website

The two latest messages believed to be from Osama Bin Laden emphasise the centrality of a struggle against Israel and raise the question as to why he did not concentrate on Iraq.

In the first statement, posted on the internet on 16 May, he said: "My talk to you addresses the main root of conflict... namely, the Palestinian question. This conflict is escalating due to your [the West's] current policies. I would like to stress here that the Palestinian question is my nation's top issue."

In the second, on 18 May, he attacked Arab leaders for not doing more to help: "Every day, the herd wishes the wolves would stop preying on it. Those kings and leaders sacrificed Palestine and Al-Aqsa [the mosque in Jerusalem] to keep their crowns. ... But we will not be relieved of this responsibility."

The reference to the Palestinians has always been present in the al-Qaeda leader's statements over the years, but it has often been sidelined by other tactical and strategic interests, from Saudi Arabia to Afghanistan to the Danish cartoons. Iraq has been one of the most prominent issues for him.

Waking from slumber

The two new statements contrast with the importance given to Iraq in another message in March: "Iraq is the perfect base to set up the jihad to liberate Palestine. Palestine will be restored to us, with God's permission, when we wake up from our slumber."

The word "slumber" (and his criticism of Arab rulers) gives a clue to Bin Laden's thinking. He wants more to be done.

Hence perhaps the shift from Iraq, which has come to mean difficulties, to the "Palestinian question", which can attract support.

This has led to a theory among some western intelligence analysts that al-Qaeda accepts that it is in trouble in Iraq.

No-brainer

Nigel Inkster, Director of Transnational Threats and Political Risk at the International Institute for Strategic Studies in London, said: "In reality al-Qaeda has not done much against Israel. It is hard to do so. Through its now dead agent in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, it hoped to attack Israel after establishing a base in Iraq, but the hope of establishing that base has probably failed.

"Al Qaeda could now be preparing its followers for a strategic failure in Iraq. It therefore needs a rallying cry and Palestine is a no-brainer."

Mr Inkster, formerly deputy head of Britain's foreign intelligence agency MI6, adds that one reason for this possible shift is the number of complaints about Muslims killed in Iraq and elsewhere.

"Al-Qaeda's number two, Ayman al-Zawahiri, who is like the chief executive officer to Bin Laden's chairmanship, recently held an open day of questions on the internet," he said.

"The issue of Muslim casualties was the biggest issue. Al-Qaeda recognises this is a not a good story and needs to rebrand. Hence this apparent move away from talking about Iraq."

In that internet session, al-Zawahiri was forced to defend killing Muslim bystanders, who, he said, had died because of "unintentional error" or had been used as "shields" by al-Qaeda's enemies.

Of course, Osama Bin Laden can easily return to the theme of Iraq, and events there might prove the theory wrong, but the assessment that al-Qaeda is suffering from the reduction of its forces there is reflected in a wider concept about the current strengths and weakness of the organisation.

There is a lively debate at the moment about whether what is called "al-Qaeda Central" - the leadership probably based in the tribal areas of Pakistan - is in control or whether the group is now kept going by autonomous cells which form spontaneously.

Leaderless jihad

Marc Sageman, a former CIA officer and now writer on international security issues, is the leading proponent of what he calls "leaderless jihad" (the title of his latest book).

In an article in Foreign Policy magazine in April he argued that young, self-recruited activists constituted the latest wave of global jihad.

Al-Qaeda could now be preparing its followers for a strategic failure in Iraq
Nigel Inkster IISS

In a question and answer session following publication he said: "In the past three years, because of decreasing Pakistani military pressure in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas of Pakistan... some al Qaeda leaders have been able to regroup. They definitely try to plot against the West and the United States, but they have been unable to project their capability outside Pakistan and Afghanistan.

"But unlike [in] the years prior to September 11, al-Qaeda no longer seems to have the luxury of coordinating large transnational attacks without being detected. The difference has been the international community's success in containing the threat in the past six years... Having said this, as long as al-Qaeda leaders exist, there is still a threat that cannot be ignored."

One might take issue, in London and Madrid, with the claim that the threat has been contained, but the argument is clear: al-Qaeda has broken up into groups that are inspired by the leadership but not necessarily controlled by "al-Qaeda Central". It gives them strength, in that they proliferate in unknown cells, but it also leaves them vulnerable to being isolated.

Nigel Inkster agrees up to a point: "Many people on the books of intelligence agencies have no real connection with al-Qaeda Central. But western agencies think that al-Qaeda Central still seeks command and control."

Assessment

He offered this overall assessment: "It is difficult to be categorical. Intelligence agencies are very worried about al-Qaeda in North West Pakistan. Yemen is a worrying trend, as is Somalia and North Africa.

"There is some evidence that support for Osama Bin Laden has been dropping in the Arab world because of revulsion about al-Qaeda behaviour and especially the killing of Muslims.

"On the other hand, there is still an appetite and ambition to engage in terrorism spectaculars in western Europe and US, though the capacity might not match the ambition.

"But they only have to be lucky once."

Paul.Reynolds-INTERNET@bbc.co.uk

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/7411334.stm

kgoerz
05-21-2008, 12:38
Just using it to offer an opinion.

Sorry if I offended or confused you.

I have previously stated that I believe that OBL is dead, and the latest recordings are not him.

TR

In the past when these tapes came out, usually video tapes. The State Department would say they were authentic. I don't hear any statements like that anymore.

Pete
05-21-2008, 12:59
I think as the tapes got more and more hokey people began to believe him dead.

I mean, Come on AQ, is that the best you guys can come up with? A scratchy audio tape. And you guys claim to be masters of the internet and propaganda - a scratchy tape:D:D:D:D

Pete