PDA

View Full Version : Interesting SF Pic's - DF Tangent

Desert Fox
10-27-2004, 13:03
A standing ODA rule is that anyone getting a vehicle stuck pays for it with a case of beer.

Holy Fack it seems you guys in the SF have to pay a LOT of beer for ANY reason: aimpoint on, EOTECH on, stuck truck, firing range, jumping, Fridays, Saturdays, Holidays...

NousDefionsDoc
10-27-2004, 13:08
Holy Fack it seems you guys in the SF have to pay a LOT of beer for ANY reason: aimpoint on, EOTECH on, stuck truck, firing range, jumping, Fridays, Saturdays, Holidays...

We need vast quantities of beer...

Teutates - also spelled Toutates (Celtic: “God of the People”) important Celtic deity, one of three mentioned by the Roman poet Lucan in the 1st century AD, the other two being Esus (“Lord”) and Taranis (“Thunderer”). According to later commentators, victims sacrificed to Teutates were killed by being plunged headfirst into a vat filled with an unspecified liquid, which may have been ale, a favourite drink of the Celts.

Desert Fox
10-27-2004, 13:29
Basenshukai,

Just say "hup hup" if it goes against OPSEC.

Basenshukai
10-27-2004, 14:20
Basenshukai,

Just say "hup hup" if it goes against OPSEC.

More like "disinformation". At least you got the pool right.

The place is made of several concentric circles of defense - anti-tank ditch, mines, wires and even punji stakes and broken glass. All around you have mutually supporting bunkers with anything you'd find in a Vietnam War type firebase. In fact, it was modelled that way.

Desert Fox
10-27-2004, 19:18
More like "disinformation". At least you got the pool right.

The place is made of several concentric circles of defense - anti-tank ditch, mines, wires and even punji stakes and broken glass. All around you have mutually supporting bunkers with anything you'd find in a Vietnam War type firebase. In fact, it was modelled that way.

That's really interesting. Thank you.
Can you explain more the layout of that camp?
I placed letters. (the attached pic has been removed)
Do you have more pics?

Smokin Joe
10-27-2004, 19:25
I placed letters.
Do you have more pics?
:eek:

:munchin

Ambush Master
10-27-2004, 19:33
I placed letters.
Do you have more pics?

I don't think so !! This is not a "Camp" from 30 years ago in RVN that has no current tactical significance !!

Remember, we are not setting around my Dining Room Table, this is the FOOKING INTERNET !!!

Desert Fox
10-27-2004, 19:36
I don't think so !! This is not a "Camp" from 30 years ago in RVN that has no current tactical significance !!

Remember, we are not setting around my Dining Room Table, this is the FOOKING INTERNET !!!

Ok then.
I touched sensitive subject. hup hup

NousDefionsDoc
10-27-2004, 21:59
Desert Fox,
You are coming danger close to annoying the piss out of me.

Basenshukai
10-28-2004, 04:08
I placed letters.
Do you have more pics?

Would you like me to also give you the pace count from one fighting position to the other as well as to the commo bunker? Like I said, it's designed after a Vietnam War era base camp. Read about those and you'll know. Also, don't post your analysis of the area. The reasons are obvious.

Viking
10-28-2004, 07:35
almost rolled

Shark Bait
10-28-2004, 08:46
Can we get the firebase pics off here? They're interesting to look at but, as it has been stated, is a major OPSEC problem. I'm sure some of our adversaries would love to see them too.

Desert Fox
10-28-2004, 09:01
Would you like me to also give you the pace count from one fighting position to the other as well as to the commo bunker?

I was waiting that one.

Basenshukai:
Just give me the pool length.

NDD and Basenshukai:
I will not bother that forum with sensitive questions anymore. That`s serious business. Technical education and curiousity are not good reasons. I just removed the picture with letters and interior lines.

I sincerely apologize.

QRQ 30
10-28-2004, 09:11
Sorry folks but that last looks like the kind of picture I would see in an S-2/3 shop to be used in pre-mission planning. I'm retired and don't need that $$$$.

If I can find it, and y'all are interested I have a good areial photo of an old French type five sided fort somewhere between Kontum and Dak To. :( :munchin

flyboy1
10-28-2004, 09:28
Desert,
Here's a secret Fort you can assess. They even speak Spanish there if you ask nicely. :cool:

Sacamuelas
10-28-2004, 09:32
Basenshukai:

Why? You need a scale reference for the pic??? Drop it.
Just look at the pics, enjoy and appreciate them as I do... You have absolutely no need to know the info you ask - just as I don't. Time to move on DF. :rolleyes:

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez !

Shark Bait
10-28-2004, 09:51
I was waiting that one.

Basenshukai:

NDD and Basenshukai:
I will not bother that forum with sensitive questions anymore. That`s serious business. Technical education and curiousity are not good reasons. I just removed the picture with letters and interior lines.

I sincerely apologize.
Can you remove the other one too? We really shouldn't have any pictures of active firebases here at all. This sort of thing will make many of us nervous, even if we aren't down range ourselves. Questions like yours also generate a fair degree of suspicion.

Shark Bait
10-28-2004, 10:26
Would you like me to also give you the pace count from one fighting position to the other as well as to the commo bunker? Like I said, it's designed after a Vietnam War era base camp. Read about those and you'll know. Also, don't post your analysis of the area. The reasons are obvious.
As you have no doubt realized by now, posting your original firebase pic wasn't a good idea. Also one of your responses contained far too much info. I would like to suggest that you edit that info out and the original pic, if you haven't done so already.

Desert Fox
10-28-2004, 16:11
Why? You need a scale reference for the pic??? Drop it.
Just look at the pics, enjoy and appreciate them as I do... You have absolutely no need to know the info you ask - just as I don't. Time to move on DF. :rolleyes:

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez !

LOL, of course I don`t need it! Was just kidding! :cool:

SB,
I am facking tired to start an issue each foocking week. That one was the facking last one!! (STFU)

Basenshukai,
I sincerely apologize to you. I started the "analysis" by asking if that was OPSEC sensitive. I didnt deserved it. :(

Sacamuelas,
you meant "let the good times roll"?...well...bad translation BTW, but anyway it can't be translated. ;)

The Reaper
10-28-2004, 16:49
Sacamuelas,
you meant "let the good times roll"?...well...bad translation BTW, but anyway it can't be translated. ;)

That is the way it is said in America's French State, which I believe was founded by former Canadians.

TR

Desert Fox
10-28-2004, 16:57
That is the way it is said in America's French State, which I believe was founded by former Canadians.

TR

"Laissez les bons temps rouler"???
LOL,
Well, it sounds really bad in French. That's why nobody uses it, which is the reason why I didnt know it! :D
Here the translation is better than the original.

The Reaper
10-28-2004, 17:05
"Laissez les bons temps rouler"???
LOL,
Well, it sounds really bad in French. That's why nobody uses it, which is the reason why I didnt know it! :D
Here the translation is better than the original.

Believe me, they use it and understand it in Nawlins.

TR

Doc
10-28-2004, 17:28
SB,
I am facking tired to start an issue each foocking week. That one was the facking last one!! (STFU)

I'm your huckleberry.

Can you explain what you meant by your comment to a friend of mine?

NousDefionsDoc
10-28-2004, 17:41
Who are you telling to SFTU?

Desert Fox
10-28-2004, 17:48
Who are you telling to SFTU?

I told myself to Shut Fuck The Up.

Roguish Lawyer
10-28-2004, 18:22
I told myself to Shut Fuck The Up.

Good advice. Perhaps you should follow it for a while.

Shark Bait
10-29-2004, 08:34
[QUOTE=Desert Fox]

SB,

QUOTE]

I was trying to give you some to give you some advice about what you were doing. Don't get pissed at me because you went down the wrong road. It doesn't appear to me that you are telling yourself anything in the above comment. It sure appears that you are telling me to Shut the Fuck Up. I certainly hope that is not the case! If you fuck up, take the heat for it and drive on!

This isn't the place for pissing matches, so I'm done with this one. But do keep one thing in mind, I can say with confidence that all of the QP's take OPSEC very seriously. We have seen what happens if you don't. You can count on being called on it if you go there!

Lesson learned, water under the bridge, don't tell me STFU again and we are all happy.

Desert Fox
10-29-2004, 14:26
It doesn't appear to me that you are telling yourself anything in the above comment. It sure appears that you are telling me to Shut the Fuck Up. I certainly hope that is not the case! If you fuck up, take the heat for it and drive on!

Lesson learned, water under the bridge, don't tell me STFU again and we are all happy.

Hi sir,

You the QP are among the persons I respect the most, and you are my personal examples. I dont tell a normal person to STFU, what about a SF soldier, a Green Beret!!!
I know by heart the song of SSgt Barry Sadler, and if Id be an American, I would fucking go SF. Fucking right.

I SWEAR I didnt mean STFU to you!! The "(STFU)" was like the self-conclusion, like...."so...I better STFU".

I though about it, and I think that my mistake is to write like I talk.

Team Sergeant
10-29-2004, 17:31
OK, OK...

QP’s I believe Desert Fox’s sincerity, I also believe he would not tell a QP to STFU.

Shark Bait, my fault for not catching this sooner, please cease fire on DF, his heart is in the right place.

DF,
Write in full paragraphs, leave nothing to chance, and stop asking dumb questions. The firebase questions were stupid. Think before you write, ask if you’re in doubt, ask a QP via PM. Now move out and draw fire.

TS

Shark Bait
10-31-2004, 18:16
OK, OK...

QP’s I believe Desert Fox’s sincerity, I also believe he would not tell a QP to STFU.

Shark Bait, my fault for not catching this sooner, please cease fire on DF, his heart is in the right place.

DF,
Write in full paragraphs, leave nothing to chance, and stop asking dumb questions. The firebase questions were stupid. Think before you write, ask if you’re in doubt, ask a QP via PM. Now move out and draw fire.

TS
Roger that TS.

DF,

No hard feelings on my part. As I said, it's water under the bridge.