PDA

View Full Version : Real estate question

TAN2GREEN
02-08-2013, 01:54
Here's the situation..I am down here in Florida and still have my house in hoke county. I would like to sell but I don't want to pay 6% selling with an agent.. Anyone got some advice ????

JJ_BPK
02-08-2013, 06:05
Here's the situation..I am down here in Florida and still have my house in hoke county. I would like to sell but I don't want to pay 6% selling with an agent.. Anyone got some advice ????

4-sale by owner,,

http://www.forsalebyowner.com/homes-for-sale/North_Carolina/Hoke_County

and using ZILLOW.com to list your home,,

http://www.zillow.com/homes/hoke-county-nc_rb/

is viable,, IF you still live in your home.

As you stated,, you are not,, so selling remotely is dam near impossible.

The payback for using a realtor is sometimes vague, but the headaches are much less..

PS: They are now getting 7% here in Florida.... :mad::mad:

GOOD LUCK...

Pete
02-08-2013, 06:21
Somebody wants to buy a home they want to walk through it.

FSBO's (For Sale By Owner) get people who just want to look at the inside - something to do on their day off.

Paperwork for closing, home inspections, etc, etc, etc.

If you've got time for advertising, showing, dealing with the dealing over the price cut because of that stain on the carpet and know the in's and out's of closing - being your own agent will save you some money.

If not use an agent. They will bring by people looking to buy a home and will be showing homes the buyer can afford (Afford? Well, that's debatable but for another thread.)

And that 6% is split four ways. The selling agent, the selling agent's office, the buyer's agent and the buyer's agent's office. Which is why agents like to sell in house and their own listings.

mark46th
02-08-2013, 09:05
A real estate agent's fee is not written in stone. If they want your business, the fee is negotiable...

glebo
02-08-2013, 13:34
Check out military .com. My neighbor got a FSBO packet from them and he was able to sell after going through 3 realtors. I don't know the details in negotiation though, but he sold it.

But like others have said, you're not there to show/deal on the spot.

Got anyone you trust up here and willing to help???

MisoMed
02-08-2013, 14:13
Do you have insurance? Have you considered burning it down? I kid, I kid!!! Same boat. I have a home in Brevard County that's been sitting empty since '08.

Try www.militarybyowner.com, www.hotpads.com Even Craigslist isnt a crazy option.

You can always check with your JAG. Some are nicer than others and may give you state relevant laws to know before attempting a sale. Even if you don't use a Realtor (and I am in NO way a Realtor nor do I particularly like any. Come to think of it, I called mine the c word just yesterday over the phone), I would cough up the cash for an attorney specializing in real estate. Gotta cya, Man.

Good Luck! And if you bur...uh, sell your house, sell mine, too! :p

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-04-02/news/35451981_1_home-sales-fsbo-comparable-homes

SF_BHT
02-08-2013, 14:26
Thanks or your info BUT.

Please re-read the email you got and follow the rules and post an intro. All members that join have to conform to the directions you received.......

Regards SF BHT

Do you have insurance? Have you considered burning it down? I kid, I kid!!! Same boat. I have a home in Brevard County that's been sitting empty since '08.

Try www.militarybyowner.com, www.hotpads.com Even Craigslist isnt a crazy option.

You can always check with your JAG. Some are nicer than others and may give you state relevant laws to know before attempting a sale. Even if you don't use a Realtor (and I am in NO way a Realtor nor do I particularly like any. Come to think of it, I called mine the c word just yesterday over the phone), I would cough up the cash for an attorney specializing in real estate. Gotta cya, Man.

Good Luck! And if you bur...uh, sell your house, sell mine, too! :p

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-04-02/news/35451981_1_home-sales-fsbo-comparable-homes

MisoMed
02-08-2013, 23:21
Aw nuts. Okay. I messed up. I'll go post an intro.

stfesta
02-09-2013, 08:58
Soni Rider, a real estate agent for ReMax, is a trusted friend. I have know her and her family for 7 years.

Tell her I, Scott Festa, sent you and she will treat you like family. BTW, I get nothing out of this, no kickback. Just trying to put good people together.

Since you can't be there, it will be very difficult to get things done without an agent.

All real estate fees are negotiable.

Have a nice day,
sf

TAN2GREEN
02-11-2013, 21:29
Guys I really appreciate the input I will develope 3 different COAs and do the......matrix Just kidding I'm going chat with Soni at Remax
Thanks
T2G