PDA

View Full Version : Overseas/Military votes

Gypsy
10-28-2004, 20:13
In light of the various (and possibly conflicting) news reports from PA re Military overseas votes possibly not arriving by tomorrow at 5pm to be counted....thought this info might come in handy

Any military or overseas voter who is experiencing trouble obtaining or submitting their absentee ballot should be aware that there are outlets available to help you. This Web site http://www.fvap.gov/ is a direct link to absentee ballots, along with many helpful tools to make your vote count.

The Web site includes a link informing UOCAVA voters of "Ten Things To Help Ensure Your Absentee Vote Is Counted." Additionally, step-by-step instructions on how to vote via absentee ballot for each state are provided. To be eligible to use the absentee ballot, the voter must be a qualified overseas voter who applied for a state absentee ballot not less than 30 days before the election but has not yet received the state absentee ballot.

All absentee ballots, including UOCAVA voters' ballots, must be submitted by 5 p.m., Friday, Oct. 29, in order for the entire ballot to be counted.

However, under federal law, any absentee ballot that is received by the county boards of elections after this Friday's deadline but prior to the close of the polls on Election Day, will have the vote for the office of the presidency counted.

"This Administration is working hard to ensure all absentee ballots returned by the state and federal deadlines will be counted," Cortes said. "Despite misinformation regarding these important ballots, citizens can rest assured that Pennsylvania residents who applied for absentee ballots will have their voices heard in this important election."

Radar Rider
10-29-2004, 00:10
That's good information. Thank you for posting that.

I've already mailed my absentee ballot; I only hope that it actually gets counted!

Viking
10-29-2004, 01:05
One of my team mates just got his ballot on today's resupply. We all sent them off at the same time, got them, sent them back weeks ago, except for his. there's no way it will make it in time.

Sdiver
10-29-2004, 09:19
One of my team mates just got his ballot on today's resupply. We all sent them off at the same time, got them, sent them back weeks ago, except for his. there's no way it will make it in time.

Please tell me he's not from Florida.....oh, what am I saying....This year it's OHIO. :D

flyboy1
10-29-2004, 10:34
Please tell me he's not from Florida.....oh, what am I saying....This year it's OHIO. :D

Hey, Hey, we resemble that comment. Just because we were not very clandestine about it, he still won. :D

Gypsy
10-29-2004, 10:49

That is why I posted this, I heard many of the ballots are only arriving this week which is not nearly enough time to return them by the deadline. Perhaps if he can get online access this website will help so his vote counts.

There has to be a better way...perhaps online voting via the AKO accounts or something. It angers me to no end that many of our Military's votes may not "make it" no matter who they are voting for.

The Reaper
10-29-2004, 12:11
Texas did not even mail theirs out till mid-October.

I think the issues with Nader and other third party candidates and their appearance on the ballot threw a wrench into the system.

Military ballots filled out and mailed before the election should all be counted, whenever they arrive, but a certain Party will no doubt dispute them.

TR

flyboy1
10-29-2004, 12:25
....... but a certain Party will no doubt dispute them.
TR

You have that right. I believe there is a take-a-number ticket holder being setup at our courthouse's in FL for all of the filing's that will commence when GW wins.
:boohoo

New Jr. associates need something to do while waiting on their bar exam scores.

Gypsy
10-29-2004, 13:41
Military ballots filled out and mailed before the election should all be counted, whenever they arrive, but a certain Party will no doubt dispute them.

TR

Right, that would be the same party that wants "every vote" to count...as long as the votes are in their favor.