PDA

View Full Version : Texas woman sues gym over 'sexually suggestive' exercises

BMT (RIP)
02-05-2013, 12:16
“I would like to have these guys realize they can’t treat women this way,”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/05/texas-woman-sues-gym-over-exually-suggestive-exercises/?test=latestnews#ixzz2K39S4EtR

Dusty
02-05-2013, 12:48
One of these days, some chick is gonna sue somebody for sexually suggestive thoughts, and win.

afchic
02-05-2013, 12:57
One of these days, some chick is gonna sue somebody for sexually suggestive thoughts, and win.

If one of those guys had said any of that to me, they would have gotten a knuckle sandwich.

I agree with her, in that she brought this to the attention of managment, TWICE and they did nothing. Do I think she should sue over it, no I don't, but that is just unprofessional. If they continue to allow their clientel to be treated in that manner, they have no business being in business.

I work out at an LA Fitness, and I have the only trainer in the place that doesn't give me the heebee jeebees. If you are even a remotely attractive woman, they follow you around like puppy dogs. If you are a woman who knows what she is doing as far as working out, look out. It has gotten to the point that I only work legs on Sundays, the least busy day, so I don't have a bunch of guys around me going "Did you see how much weight she is using?" The first couple of times it was flattering, but when the same guys do it over and over again, it just gets annoying.

alelks
02-05-2013, 13:05
Give me a break.

Her husband suffered?

What a crock of BULL!

Here husband needs to grow a pair.

Dusty
02-05-2013, 13:10
If one of those guys had said any of that to me, they would have gotten a knuckle sandwich.

:D You go girl!

JimP
02-05-2013, 13:45
(note to self...don't do squats with afchic).

I swear the amount of guys with no freakin' social skills is mind-boggling. These clowns careers in "training" should be short indeed.

afchic
02-05-2013, 15:37
(note to self...don't do squats with afchic).

I swear the amount of guys with no freakin' social skills is mind-boggling. These clowns careers in "training" should be short indeed.

I sometimes think the gym is where neandrethals go to meet. No social graces whatsoever. I mean it is bad enough out on the floor, but the stories my trainer, husband and sons tell me about what goes on in the locker room is about enough to make me want to hurl!!

I can't do squats anymore because of my back, but I can do a mean leg press!!!

SF_BHT
02-05-2013, 15:40
I sometimes think the gym is where neandrethals go to meet. No social graces whatsoever. I mean it is bad enough out on the floor, but the stories my trainer, husband and sons tell me about what goes on in the locker room is about enough to make me want to hurl!!

I can't do squats anymore because of my back, but I can do a mean leg press!!!

You got to keep those legs in shape;) My GF hates the Gym just for that reason........

PedOncoDoc
02-05-2013, 15:47
Did they ask her to use the shake weight? (http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/digital-shorts/video/shake-weight-dvd/1219753/)

afchic
02-05-2013, 15:47
You got to keep those legs in shape;) My GF hates the Gym just for that reason........

The ones I get the kick out of the most are the ones that never left the 1980's. Mullets, tiger stripe weight lifing pants, tank tops torn down the sides so you can get a real good look:eek: They all look like outcasts from the Arnold movie when he was lifting. We need a "gag me" smiley!!!

Dusty
02-05-2013, 15:51
Mullets!

Mullets are "out"?
:D

PSM
02-05-2013, 16:01
Mullets are "out"?
:D

Don't think so. I saw a Mungo Jerry one yesterday. :D

Yes, it was at a Walmart. ;)

Pat

ps: Technically not a mullet, I guess, but just as weird.

Dusty
02-05-2013, 16:24
So, I'm OK with a skullet...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Skullet.jpg

Dragbag036
02-05-2013, 17:28
These idiots, but of course I wanted to see what she looked like.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jamie-johnson/19/744/281?_mSplash=1

Dusty
02-05-2013, 17:35
Amen, especially with a pretty young gal like that.

OH NO YOU DINT ANT SAY DAT! :D

Dusty
02-05-2013, 18:07
Damn, maybe I'm one of those Neanderthals afchic has been referring to...

:eek::cool:;)

:D Nice shortpants!

afchic
02-05-2013, 18:08
Damn, maybe I'm one of those Neanderthals afchic has been referring to...

:eek::cool:;)

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit:eek:

alelks
02-05-2013, 18:19
These idiots, but of course I wanted to see what she looked like.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jamie-johnson/19/744/281?_mSplash=1

Well if that's her Linkedin page someone needs to sue her for false advertising. :D

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/fitness/jamie-johnson-sues-la-fitness-sexually-suggestive-exercises-video

Video is on this page. Honestly though, it sounds like they were 100% in the wrong on this one but the husband trying to get in on the action is 100% BS.

BKKMAN
02-05-2013, 18:54
Well if that's her Linkedin page someone needs to sue her for false advertising. :D

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/fitness/jamie-johnson-sues-la-fitness-sexually-suggestive-exercises-video

Video is on this page. Honestly though, it sounds like they were 100% in the wrong on this one but the husband trying to get in on the action is 100% BS.

:confused::eek:

TOMAHAWK9521
02-05-2013, 18:55
The ones I get the kick out of the most are the ones that never left the 1980's. Mullets, tiger stripe weight lifing pants, tank tops torn down the sides so you can get a real good look:eek: They all look like outcasts from the Arnold movie when he was lifting. We need a "gag me" smiley!!!

On top of not being able to afford a whole shirt, their backne juice gets all over the benches. And, of course, they have to roar and bellow to the entire gym as they stack all the weights they can find on the leg press/bench/squat rack, and then do 1 rep and walk away without returning the weights to their proper place.

Even worse is when those guys have morphed into "Zoolanders". After each set they have pose in front of the mirrors and pull a "Blue Steel" or "Magnum". :D

lovemycountry
02-05-2013, 20:12

"There you go, again." ;)

LMC

PSM
02-05-2013, 20:44

Well, the guy with the Mungo Jerry was bald on top, too. Work on the mutton chops and you'll be cool again. :lifter

Pat

Habu-MFFI 175
02-05-2013, 21:37
Those guys must have been hard up:lifter has there brain fried.

sf11b_p
02-06-2013, 11:18
She said... was the texted message saved and verified, article doesn't indicate.

“He would answer bluntly, ‘So, I can see your chest move while you do it," Or he answered matter of factually or dismissively or vaguely. Doesn't indicate what exactly the exercise was, was it the bench press , chest fly machine or dumbbell fly. Some type of exercise when compression of the chest muscles are an indication of an actually effective repetition of the movement. $400 a return on her membership maybe.

Of course there is absolutely not one woman who checks out the males in the area, or comments in the locker room. :rolleyes: cough, bllsht.

When I think of the perverted physical therapist who commented "I want to see you walk." while recovering from leg surgery. Probably leering when my back was turned... I feel so damaged.

afchic
02-06-2013, 12:34
She said... was the texted message saved and verified, article doesn't indicate.

Or he answered matter of factually or dismissively or vaguely. Doesn't indicate what exactly the exercise was, was it the bench press , chest fly machine or dumbbell fly. Some type of exercise when compression of the chest muscles are an indication of an actually effective repetition of the movement. $400 a return on her membership maybe.

Of course there is absolutely not one woman who checks out the males in the area, or comments in the locker room. :rolleyes: cough, bllsht.

When I think of the perverted physical therapist who commented "I want to see you walk." while recovering from leg surgery. Probably leering when my back was turned... I feel so damaged.

It is obvious you didn't read the entire article. Go back and try again.

CBS DFW reports Jaimie Johnson says her problems began when a trainer she saw at the gym in Plano made her do exercises she felt were inappropriate.

“He would answer bluntly, ‘So, I can see your chest move while you do it," Johnson said the trainer responded when she questioned him about the exercises. "And, not in an exercising kind of way. More in a sexual way."

Dusty
02-06-2013, 13:25
It is obvious you didn't read the entire article. Go back and try again.

CBS DFW reports Jaimie Johnson says her problems began when a trainer she saw at the gym in Plano made her do exercises she felt were inappropriate.

“He would answer bluntly, ‘So, I can see your chest move while you do it," Johnson said the trainer responded when she questioned him about the exercises. "And, not in an exercising kind of way. More in a sexual way."

Tell her to quit wearing pasties and a thong to her workouts. :D

Honestly, sometimes, what do you do? A woman gets a case of the ass if you look at her, but reserves the right to get a case of the ass if you don't. :confused:

afchic
02-06-2013, 13:35
Tell her to quit wearing pasties and a thong to her workouts. :D

Honestly, sometimes, what do you do? A woman gets a case of the ass if you look at her, but reserves the right to get a case of the ass if you don't. :confused:

Women are a pain in the ass, I agree in most cases, but this one isn't it. She clearly told at least 3 people (2 of whom were the offenders) she was offended by an action, not a look.

As I tell my husband, he will never get in trouble from me by looking. Hell, most of the time I am the one pointing them out. If it goes beyond looking, that is where there will be issues.

Most women don't mind if a guy they find attractive looks at them "that way" but get offended if one they find unattractive does. Pure BS.

I ascribe to the athlete's point of view: I am there to work out and get sweaty, if that turns you on, whatever. Just keep it to yourself, I am busy and don't want to be bothered.

Dusty
02-06-2013, 13:45
Women are a pain in the ass, I agree in most cases, but this one isn't it. She clearly told at least 3 people (2 of whom were the offenders) she was offended by an action, not a look.

Oh, yeah. In this instance, sounds like she's clearly got a case to hit 'em in the wallet.

Some guys are just assinine, period.

frostfire
03-05-2013, 10:41
Most women don't mind if a guy they find attractive looks at them "that way" but get offended if one they find unattractive does. Pure BS.

LOL :D We need more ladies like you, Ma'am

I don't mind either one, even the homo ones. A compliment is a compliment is a compliment :p