PDA

View Full Version : Enlist as 18x or 19D before going SF?

mcarman
01-31-2013, 17:24
Hi everybody, I have been searching around and haven't been able to find exactly what I am looking for. I have some questions on whether to enlist with an 18x contract and go SF right away or enlist with a 19D and spend some time getting extra PT, training, and experience under my belt. I am just wondering what the pros and cons to each decision would be. Either way my ultimate goal is to be SF one day and I am training extremely hard to achieve that.

Team Sergeant
01-31-2013, 17:28
I see you just joined. Welcome aboard. Before we answer your question I will ask you how much reading have you done on this website? Before you answer I suggest you read the Special Forces training forums. Your question has been asked, many times.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

mcarman
01-31-2013, 17:44
I see you just joined. Welcome aboard. Before we answer your question I will ask you how much reading have you done on this website? Before you answer I suggest you read the Special Forces training forums. Your question has been asked, many times.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

I have done some searching around the past three days when I have time but still learning how to use the search tool and definitely could have done more searching. No excuse though. Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the help. I'll be sure to look around much more before I post another question.

ZonieDiver
01-31-2013, 20:56
I have done some searching around the past three days when I have time but still learning how to use the search tool and definitely could have done more searching. No excuse though. Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the help. I'll be sure to look around much more before I post another question.

Welcome! The search function can present problems for some, at times (myself included). I'd advise going to "HOME" and then looking at forums at apply to you - Special Forces Questions, etc.

I've spent years here and have not yet covered it all.

Get a feel for the site. If you have questions you feel may get you 'dog-piled' (and if you review the threads, you'll see how that can happen), simply pick a QP you've seen give relevant advice and PM them. Most will gladly respond to intelligent, well-framed questions.

Again, welcome.