PDA

View Full Version : Indians Put Security Forces on Red Alert After Ben Laden Sighting in Laddakh

gits
10-27-2004, 20:00
http://www.satribune.com/archives/oct04/P1_arun.htm

Indians Put Security Forces on Red Alert After Ben Laden Sighting in Laddakh

By Arun Rajnath

NEW DELHI, October 25: Fugitive Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has been spotted in the Tibet-Laddakh region, close to the North-Eastern tip of Pakistan, bordering India and China, Indian and US officials believe.

A high-ranking official of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) flew from Islamabad on Sunday to meet top Indian officials here in Delhi after reports of Bin Laden’s presence in the region.

According to sources, following the meeting between Indian security bosses and the FBI, the New Delhi Government has put its security forces in the North Western region, specially the Kashmir Valley, on 'red alert.'

Vigilance on the Kargil-Leh Highway and area along the Tibetan border has also been increased. Security forces are likely to undertake combing operations in the Laddakh region before the start of snowfall.

These sources in the Indian Home Ministry told this correspondent that intelligence agencies had received information that Bin Laden has been spotted traveling. Some such reports were also published in a section of the Pakistan media.

Sources say the FBI official flew into Delhi from Pakistan to hold talks with Indian officials in New Delhi. At their meeting, chiefs of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), intelligence units of the Border Security Force (BSF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Indian Army officers were present.

Indian officials believe Bin Laden may have reached Laddakh from the Pak administrated Kashmir where they think he may have been helped by some Jihadi or even sympathetic elements in the Pakistani forces.

Officials are also expressing concern over increased activity of foreign nationals along the LoC. Though there are no concrete reports on Pak Army’s support to these foreign nationals, Indian Home Ministry officials feel that some supporters in the ISI may be providing help. An ISI official, Ejaz Khan, has already been identified by the Indian security agencies for helping militants to cross over into the Indian territory.

Officials working with different security agencies said though the border fence along the LoC, which was expected to be completed this year, had raised hurdles for the infiltrators, militants manage to sneak into the Indian territory from across Poonch and Rajauri.

Meanwhile, five additional battalions of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Border Security Force (BSF) have been called in to fortify all spots of tourist interest besides camps and bases of the Army. Multi-tier anti-infiltration arrangements have been made. The ITBP has also been put on full alert.

Security officials feel the militants have once again succeeded in scaring away outsiders from the Valley, and foreign nationals’ presence on the other side of Kashmir could aim at fortifying the bases of militants to facilitate them to launch fresh attacks on army establishments and other sensitive targets.

Sources in the Home Ministry say Indian Border Security Force deployed in the Valley had intercepted Jihadi leader Syed Salahuddin’s message and a speech a few days back which revealed that various militant outfits were gearing up to launch major attacks before the snow starts falling. They have also been directed to intensify their activities in Jammu region, Doda, Bhadrawah and Kishtwar.

Sources told this correspondent that Salahuddin’s speeches were being transmitted on wireless sets available with the militants. This information was immediately passed on to all concerned to make pre-emptive arrangements.

The length of taped speeches transmitted on wireless is said to be 10-15 minutes, and these broadcasts were being repeated several times a day. Militants keep changing the frequencies to dodge Indian army interceptors.

The message called for carrying out attacks on security causes as well as soft civilian targets hampering economic activity and tourism in Kashmir.

I think its time Task Force 121 to bag em and bring him home for the election.

Doc
10-27-2004, 20:17
This is just my thought.

OBL is dead.

The Reaper
10-27-2004, 20:35
This is just my thought.

OBL is dead.

Concur.

He hasn't made an authenticated new statement in a long time.

TR

gits
10-27-2004, 20:41
By the way check out the post on Russian special forces to be moving those weapons to syria. http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4079

Ambush Master
10-27-2004, 20:50
I concur also. If he were alive, and it behoves "The Cause" for his followers to know that, then they/he would have used any number of "accepted" validation means to have posted/published it !!

From what I have heard from some very good sources, he's gone !!!

It really is to our advantage if no-one really ever knows !! Deny him and the followers the "martyr" that they all live to become and emulate !!!

Poof Soot !! Just be gone !!!

Team Sergeant
10-27-2004, 20:56
If he were alive, and it behoves "The Cause" for his followers to know that, then they/he would have used any number of "accepted" validation means to have posted/published it !!

This is why I also concur. Right now he is "needed" by his followers and he's no where to be seen, not even on hand delivered media. He's DEAD, I heard rumor he was buried with bacon bits.... ;)

Ambush Master
10-27-2004, 21:11
I heard rumor he was buried with bacon bits.... ;)

More like Jimmy Dean Sausage !!! :D

NousDefionsDoc
10-27-2004, 21:15
Bacon bits - Mmm. dehydrated. keep well. light. easy to carry in a ruck.

Roguish Lawyer
10-27-2004, 21:17
You guys may be right, but I question the political wisdom of not proving to the American people that he has been brought to justice.

NousDefionsDoc
10-27-2004, 21:24
You guys may be right, but I question the political wisdom of not proving to the American people that he has been brought to justice.

if he is dead and buried with bacon bits - I would call that justice. No need for a lawyer to make a buck off of it.

gits
10-27-2004, 21:26
Without anyone ever knowing Kerry and dems would just keep yappin at Bush for not bringing him to justice.

Ambush Master
10-27-2004, 21:28

RL,
Big picture. Appease the populace here or boost the incentive of the unknown numbers ???

The Reaper
10-27-2004, 21:30

How many widows you want to make digging in caves for DNA evidence?

Shit, just announce that you killed him and if anyone says anything, challenge them to prove otherwise.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
10-27-2004, 22:03
LOL@Reaper!

"Bin Laden is dead!"

"Proof?"

"Well if he's not, tell him to stick his head up and yell at the first SF soldier he sees and I'll apologize publically and admit I was wrong."

Roguish Lawyer
10-27-2004, 23:17
RL,
Big picture. Appease the populace here or boost the incentive of the unknown numbers ???

I understand, but do you want John Kerry as President?

szechuan
10-28-2004, 07:19
They are just seeing ghosts. The real OBL just evaded Korean border patrols and minefields and cut his way through three security fences to the workers paradise of DPRK. ;)

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200410/kt2004102714353611950.htm

Maybe Dear Leader Kim can employ him as news anchor for the DPRK Evening News. They are all about engulfing America in a great ball of fire anyway, so OBL's previous experience in pompous propaganda comes in handy. :)

Smokin Joe
10-28-2004, 13:04
I agree I think he is dead too.

The problem with confirming it, is if he is confirmed dead all the liberal dumb asses in this country will think "Wahoo, we killed OBL! The GWOT is over". I think its better for all parties that he is dead and unconfirmed. Gives the powers that be a little more latitude when it comes to chasing terrorist.

Just my .02 cents