PDA

View Full Version : NK Parents Eating their Kids

Dusty
01-28-2013, 10:58
Think we've got it bad?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4765653/north-korean-parents-eating-their-children.html

HUNGRY parents in North Korea have been caught eating their CHILDREN to avoid starvation, according to reports.

One father is said to have been executed by firing squad for killing his two kids for food.

And it has sparked fears there could be further cases of cannibalism in the country.

The Sunday Times told how undercover reporters recorded several horror stories from inside the poverty-stricken nation.

They included one man who dug up his grandchild's corpse to eat and another who boiled his child and ate the flesh.

Thousands of North Koreans are feared to be starving to death while their chubby leader Kim Jong-Un regularly dines on banquets.

It is claimed that more than 10,000 people could have died from in the provinces south of the capital Pyongyang alone.

One informant in South Hwanghae, said: "In my village in May a man who killed his own two children and tried to eat them was executed by a firing squad."

The informant told how the man even offered meat from his daughter and son to his wife when she returned from a business trip.

He was arrested and sentenced to death after she informed the authorities and the children's bodies were found.

The reports were originally compiled by Asia Press using "citizen journalists" working inside the country.

One official told them: "In a village in Chongdan county, a man who went mad with hunger boiled his own child, ate his flesh and was arrested."

There is not enough food to go round the 24 million people who live in North Korea.

Many face starvation because of grim conditions for food production including crippling droughts.

But it is also under strict sanctions because of its nuclear ambitions.

However just last week the defiant country outraged the world as it announced plans for a third nuclear missile test.

Snip

BrokenSwitch
01-29-2013, 04:58
Sure, they might feel as if they have nothing to lose.... should we offer them something just so we can take it away again when they misbehave? ("Give us more or we'll test another nuke!")

Or perhaps, should remind them that they do have something to lose, by breaking something?

Ret10Echo
01-29-2013, 06:08
A people that desperate coupled with nukes and bad things could happen. No wonder the idiots in charge there are talking about starting a war with the US and South Korea. They are getting to the point they have noting to loose in their eyes.

"The Mouse that Roared"

BTW as a comparison, it's something like 22% of the GDP in N.K. goes to military spending....U.S. is around 4%

BrokenSwitch: The West has been playing that game for decades with food aide etc. Unsuccessful. Over $1 Billion in food and humanitarian assistance in 2012...shut off over the LAST missle launch.

CRS study here (http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R40095.pdf)

A starving, totally dependent, unarmed populace is no threat to the regime.

mark46th
01-29-2013, 13:14
If this is true, it is hard to believe that a country could have lost its moral compass so completely that they resort to killing their children...

Of course, this is assuming they ever had a moral compass to lose.

Utah Bob
01-29-2013, 13:19
Query:
Do you get charged with destruction of property of the State?

frostfire
02-01-2013, 10:16
I'm willing to bet the NRA coin from my first coach that the same has taken place here.

During my pediatric psyc rotation, I was unfortunate enough to be exposed to society underbelly. One case was a 9 yo raped by her bother. When the parent took him to the doc, the doc responded that it's pretty common in the south for brothers to experiment on their sisters The participants in the process group agreed that that doc needs to see a doc. Another case was an LEO coleague who had to leave that profession lest he'd lost his mind or ended up behind bars. He told an abuse/molestation case where the perp dad said nonchalantly that that's what daughters are for. Those and other cases haunted me to this day :(

Point is, there just many parents here who see children as means to fulfill their wants. These are no stereotype in-breeders mountain people either. They are doctors, principal, minister, judge, etc. I never see people the same way again.

AngelsSix
02-04-2013, 07:30
I'm willing to bet the NRA coin from my first coach that the same has taken place here.

During my pediatric psyc rotation, I was unfortunate enough to be exposed to society underbelly. One case was a 9 yo raped by her bother. When the parent took him to the doc, the doc responded that it's pretty common in the south for brothers to experiment on their sisters The participants in the process group agreed that that doc needs to see a doc. Another case was an LEO coleague who had to leave that profession lest he'd lost his mind or ended up behind bars. He told an abuse/molestation case where the perp dad said nonchalantly that that's what daughters are for. Those and other cases haunted me to this day :(

Point is, there just many parents here who see children as means to fulfill their wants. These are no stereotype in-breeders mountain people either. They are doctors, principal, minister, judge, etc. I never see people the same way again.

That is very true to my limited experience as well. When people ask me why I am no longer a police officer....I start to tell them....then just answer: "Hug your kids".

Dusty
02-04-2013, 07:52
These are no stereotype in-breeders mountain people either.

Leave my people out of this.

GratefulCitizen
02-04-2013, 09:27
Point is, there just many parents here who see children as means to fulfill their wants.

And if they're not wanted, it's perfectly legal to kill them.
If it's done in the first nine months.

s
02-04-2013, 10:15
Unfortunately the so called western civilized society ain't that different.
A life of complete deprivation and low education can lead to that. I've witnessed experiences not far from those reported by frostfire. Rape, incest, segregation. Kids kept in cages. And let us not forget about cases of cannibalism. Happened in Italy, happened in the US, happened in the rest of the world.
Are we that different from those merry folks in NK? I beg to differ.
Big time. The more I remain in this profession, the least hopes for mankind I have. We really shouldn't look down on those folks as we're just the same under a glossy and polished surface.

SF18C
02-04-2013, 10:25
If this is true, it is hard to believe that a country could have lost its moral compass so completely that they resort to killing their children...

Of course, this is assuming they ever had a moral compass to lose.

I saw a report were the estimated number of abortions in this country since Roe-v-Wade is like 55 million.

Edit: Ref http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/shock-estimated-54559615-abortions-since-roe-v.-wade/

mark46th
02-04-2013, 10:39
Yup- THEE number one killer of children in the U.S.

You know what you call a Southern girl who can out run her brothers?

A virgin...

Dusty
02-04-2013, 10:53
Yup- THEE number one killer of children in the U.S.

You know what you call a Southern girl who can out run her brothers?

A virgin...

lol No yankee never had a sister good-lookin' enough to be worth the chase. :D

SomethingWitty
02-04-2013, 16:46
Anyone read "Escape from Camp 14"? It's a good book of Shin Dong-hyuk's escape from a North Korean Prison Camp. It's very depressing. North Korea is like a real world Oceania; except worse.

Dusty
02-04-2013, 16:55
Anyone read "Escape from Camp 14"? It's a good book of Shin Dong-hyuk's escape from a North Korean Prison Camp. It's very depressing. North Korea is like a real world Oceania; except worse.

There's only one fat man in the whole country. Shining example of the glorious benefits of communism. :rolleyes:

Sdiver
02-04-2013, 17:05
There's only one fat man in the whole country. Shining example of the glorious benefits of communism. :rolleyes:

Awwww com'on Dusty, give the kid a break.

Both his father and grandfather were on the "husky" side.

It runs in their family.

..... on second thought, NO ONE runs in their family, that's why they're "husky".

Nevermind .... Carry on.

Dusty
02-04-2013, 17:07
Awwww com'on Dusty, give the kid a break.

Love to.

SF_BHT
02-04-2013, 17:45
Well the scotts have also had a problem with eating their Kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76yJGNvgM3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GdzbCIxkzo

:munchin