PDA

View Full Version : Special Forces Vets against Kerry

gits
10-27-2004, 09:34
http://www.vetsforbush.net/special_forces_veterans_agains.html

SPECIAL FORCES AGAINST JOHN KERRY: U.S. Army Special Forces officers and men who served in Vietnam released an “Open Letter to John Kerry” adding further voice to Veterans concerned about Kerry’s fitness for office.

OPEN LETTER TO SENATOR JOHN KERRY
AND A STATEMENT OF SOLIDARITY WITH OUR
SWIFT BOAT BROTHERS-IN-ARMS
FROM SPECIAL FORCES VIETNAM VETERANS
This statement is signed by over 360 Special Forces Vietnam Veterans. Signatories will be updated at this website. Some individuals wish to have their names kept private. All signatures are verified against a database of Special Forces Veterans who served in Southeast Asia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sen. Kerry:

THE UNDERSIGNED SPECIAL FORCES VIETNAM VETERANS support our Swift Boat brothers-in-arms and believe that John Kerry is unfit to be our Commander-in-Chief or to lead our nation as President. The Kerry presidential campaign has raised the significance of this deeply-felt and long-standing issue. While many, if not a majority, of the signatories of this request are Republicans and Bush supporters, many are not. Those who are Democrats have been effectively disenfranchised by Kerry’s candidacy.

For most of us the question of his fitness to serve as Commander-in-Chief, or in any other office of honor and high public responsibility, was settled permanently in the negative thirty-three years ago. He slandered and dishonored all Vietnam Veterans in false and exaggerated testimony before the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee. By throwing away the symbols of his honors, he insulted all veterans of all wars by debasing the milestones of their valor.

He has unrelentingly opposed issues vital to veterans. He has supported measures that have led to genocide of our former allies, the Montagnards, and the enslavement of the people of Vietnam. He has blocked efforts to enact Human Rights legislation to help alleviate their condition. He has taken action which led to the abandonment of American POWs in Vietnam that most of us believe were left behind. His stated plan to double special operations forces rapidly in response to today’s threats demonstrates his lack of understanding of what makes a Special Forces soldier and fails understand that the available conventional armed forces manpower pool is insufficient to provide the necessary qualified personnel without seriously degrading standards.

By Lieutenant Kerry’s own request, he returned to the United States after completing only one-third of his tour. He did this by seeking and receiving three Purple Hearts for wounds of questionable cause and severity. He was the commander of a military unit, in this case a Naval combatant craft, and he abandoned his crew to the fight to return to a life of ease. By the standards expected of a Naval line officer of the United States, even with the most charitable interpretation, this is contemptible.

There are serious questions concerning the circumstances of Lieutenant Kerry’s first Purple Heart, and perhaps about his other decorations, as well. These questions prompt us to call him to sign Standard Form 180 to authorize the full release of all records pertaining to his service. If his awards failed to measure up to the standards required, he should formally request that these awards be rescinded and removed from his record.

No apology, especially a Jane Fonda-type, insincere or tepid apology is acceptable. No legislative abridgement of our freedom of speech or because one candidate or the other does not wish to discuss the matter will halt the discussion of these issues. We have the American right to discuss these issues. We fought for that right.

We call upon the American people to reject his effort to become Commander-in -Chief of our Armed Forces and we urge other Veteran groups to join our solidarity with the Swift Boat critics of Senator John Kerry.

Signed,

A LIST FROM THE MORE THAN 360 SPECIAL FORCES VETERANS WHO HAVE SIGNED THIS LETTER IS CURRENT AT THIS LINK
Note: Some Veterans wish to have their names kept private.

Team Sergeant
10-27-2004, 10:55
I'm not a Vietnam Vet but if I were you'd see my name on that letter!

TS
Master Sergeant
Special Forces
(ret)

NousDefionsDoc
10-27-2004, 12:46
My Lord, look at the names on that list!

If I was Kerry and those names were against me, I would move to Phrance and change my name to Sue. No ass whippin' could ever be as bad as the shame of having the cream of the crop go public against me like that.

He should never mention Vietnam again.

Roguish Lawyer
10-27-2004, 13:11
Well done, gentlemen!

Ambush Master
10-27-2004, 13:21
Yesireee !!! My name's on there !!!!

Team Sergeant
10-27-2004, 13:26
I sent it to the "Drudge Report", if it gets published there it's going to leave a mark!!!

Roguish Lawyer
10-27-2004, 13:32
I sent it to the "Drudge Report", if it gets published there it's going to leave a mark!!!

Nice work! If it doesn't get picked up, let me know and I'll make sure Matt hears about it. I am close to his lawyer -- a fine member of the Federalist Society!!!

Doc
10-27-2004, 16:21
I saw Ambush Master's name on there all right. Thank you AM.

A side note about this list and those names. They are 100% verified SF Veterans that served in Vietnam. AM knows the man that verifies these guys and I have talked to S. S. many times when I was an admin and he was helping me vet folks.

That's a powerful message they sent.

Gypsy
10-27-2004, 19:10
Yesireee !!! My name's on there !!!!

Thank you AM, and all of your Brothers.

brownapple
10-27-2004, 19:17
Great Americans.

CPTAUSRET
12-15-2004, 06:43
Thanks, AM.

I know a few of those names, good people!

Terry

catd11r
12-29-2004, 20:26
Thanks to all of you fine Gentlemen on this Forum, and others who fought for the Great USA. Thank you for revealing what John Kerry really WAS!