PDA

View Full Version : No Bin Laden death photos to be released.

Streck-Fu
01-10-2013, 12:55
Court defers to US lawyers arguing that the release could put Americans at risk.
Uday and Qusay are embalmed posed and photographed teh next day but Bin Laden is a no go....

LINK (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/court-looks-likely-to-defer-to-us-in-barring-release-of-postmortem-osama-bin-laden-photos/2013/01/10/5c521e6c-5b46-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html)

During oral arguments before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, at least two members of a three-judge panel seemed convinced by the government’s case.

“Why should we not defer to them?” asked Judge Merrick B. Garland. Intelligence officials, he said, “are telling us there is a risk that Americans and others will die if we release the documents.”

Michael Bekesha, an attorney for the group Judicial Watch, argued that the government should release a subset of 52 images related to bin Laden’s burial in the Arabian Sea in May 2011.

The government, he said in court documents, has not specifically shown how images of a “somber, dignified burial at sea could be expected to cause identifiable or describable exceptionally grave damage to national security.”

But Judge Judith W. Rogers pointed to the uniqueness of bin Laden — the founder of al-Qaeda and mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks – and noted the government’s argument that “almost anything associated with him is necessarily of concern.”

Lan
01-10-2013, 13:04
"But Judge Judith W. Rogers pointed to the uniqueness of bin Laden — the founder of al-Qaeda and mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks – and noted the government’s argument that “almost anything associated with him is necessarily of concern.”

But let's make a movie about it!!! :rolleyes:

Utah Bob
01-11-2013, 15:30
Uday et al had a limited secular following that was less than fanatical. Not much risk in releasing their post mortem party photos. Al Q is a different kettle of goat stew.

Streck-Fu
01-11-2013, 16:34
Uday et al had a limited secular following that was less than fanatical. Not much risk in releasing their post mortem party photos. Al Q is a different kettle of goat stew.

As mentioned above....That doesn't seem to hold up considering the support the administration gave to the movie producers...I would believe that releasing the pictures could be a risk if they didn't enable a $60M Hollywood production about it.

Dusty
01-11-2013, 16:51
There's a good reason there's no pics of the guy, e.g he's been dead for years.

echoes
01-11-2013, 17:09

UB, well said Sir.

Yep, I heard he and que-say, his brother, liked watching torture videos made of folks being....,.........

Hope and trust they are burning hot in the Hell that is reserved for folks like them.:mad:

IMHO, the foks that need to see the death of this murderer to believe his death are without hope in retrofitting anyway. Be gone and be damned.

Holly

frostfire
01-12-2013, 04:16
"But Judge Judith W. Rogers pointed to the uniqueness of bin Laden — the founder of al-Qaeda and mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks – and noted the government’s argument that “almost anything associated with him is necessarily of concern.”

But let's make a movie about it!!! :rolleyes:

Exactly!

Wait till ZDT opens up worldwide, there's so much material there to incense the ultra-hyper-sensitive followers of the "peaceful religion." Oh, and they show the "death photo" in it too. Just wait :rolleyes:

IMHO, same very-liberally applied artistic lincense as hurt locker.

Sdiver
01-12-2013, 09:26
I believe the W. H. already "leaked" photos of OBL as seen in this thread ....

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33365&highlight=nose+hat

Utah Bob
01-12-2013, 23:00
I believe the W. H. already "leaked" photos of OBL as seen in this thread ....

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33365&highlight=nose+hat

Damned shocking!
You should have given a "graphic Image" warning.

And a spew alert.:D

alelks
01-12-2013, 23:25
There's a good reason there's no pics of the guy, e.g he's been dead for years.

I DEFINITELY agree! :lifter

Penn
09-30-2013, 21:49
I think TS was the first to state OBL raid was Bullshit

http://nypost.com/2013/09/29/pulitzer-prize-winner-osama-raid-was-one-big-lie/