PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Perspective..A Cherokee Legend

lovemycountry
01-09-2013, 17:15
I wasn't sure where to put this but.....

A Cherokee Legend

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

LMC

Dusty
01-09-2013, 17:20
I wasn't sure where to put this but.....

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

LMC

The way I heard the story, it was the wolf who wouldn't let them take away his fangs that won.

lovemycountry
01-09-2013, 17:30
The way I heard the story, it was the wolf who wouldn't let them take away his fangs that won.

Very Good and timely considering Biden etc.....I like it.

Just to quote Jimp from Biden Thread..."Well, like I've said before: come and get them....I'll leave the light on for you. "
LMC

ZonieDiver
01-09-2013, 22:50
A surprising percentage of American "Anglos" who claim Native American heritage claim to be part Cherokee.

Long ago, my step-grandfather, a full-blooded Hopi, was the agent-in-charge of the Seminole Reservation in Dania, FL. I heard that the Seminole word for "Cherokee" translated as "eater of dog" and that it was NOT a compliment! :p

Dozer523
01-09-2013, 23:04
Nice try.:)
Pete (I'm almost sure it was Pete -- any way some "Sage") posted something like this back in 2008 or 09.
I copied it and displayed it on my office doors.

That version (My Mom loved it on Facebook)

An old Cherokee was enjoying the time spent talking with his grandson and said, "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is 'Evil'...it is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego. The other is 'Good'...it is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, and truth."

The boy thought for awhile about what his grandfather had said and then asked, "Grandfather, which wolf wins?"

The old man quietly replied, "The one you feed."