PDA

View Full Version : They're still at it.

Pete
01-08-2013, 17:10
We've got a number of threads on this subject. Well, it appears the word has still not made it around to all the PD's out there in enemy territory.

Little Canada man videotaped sheriff's deputies, and got charged for it

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_22333563/little-canada-man-videotaped-sheriffs-deputies-and-got

"...........But what happened next was different. The deputy, Jacqueline Muellner, approached him and snatched the camera out of his hand, Henderson said.

"We'll just take this for evidence," Muellner said. Their voices were recorded on Henderson's cellphone as they spoke. Henderson provided a copy to the Pioneer Press. "If I end up on YouTube, I'm gonna be upset." ................"

& it gets better

"........A week later, Henderson was charged with obstruction of legal process and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors.

The deputy wrote on the citation, "While handling a medical/check the welfare (call), (Henderson) was filming it. Data privacy HIPAA violation. Refused to identify self. Had to stop dealing with sit(uation) to deal w/Henderson." ........"

HIPAA Violation?????????

& better yet

"..........Henderson reiterated that he was doing nothing illegal.

Eggers noted that the incident report said nothing was recorded on the camera.

"I mean, were you just pointing it?" he asked Henderson.

"No. It was deleted," Henderson surmised.

"You deleted it?"

"No. She must have deleted it," Henderson said.

Not possible, Eggers replied. "There would have been some documentation about that." .................."

Yea, right.

airbornediver
01-08-2013, 18:21
well that's a bit fucked up.

monsterhunter
01-08-2013, 21:14
I/we get filmed all the time. It's no big deal if the person is keeping their distance and not interfering. I heard there are areas where it is illegal to film law enforcement working but don't know of any first hand. There should be no reason to hide, unless you are doing something wrong.

CSB
01-09-2013, 09:28
Oh, just give a knowledgable computer geek the memory chip from the camera. He will recover that video.

ImagesNC
01-09-2013, 09:44
Whenever I have photographed something I felt was newsworthy I have quickly thrown my National Press Photographers Association ID badge around my neck and in doing so defused three situations where it. I now have Getty credentials so that only helps more.

There are just some in law enforcement that think a camera is more of a threat than a gun. Amazing.