PDA

View Full Version : McChrystal backs gun restrictions

Paslode
01-08-2013, 08:43
“I think we have to look at this legislation,” McChrystal said. “The number of people killed by firearms is extraordinary compared to other nations. I don’t think we’re a bloodthirsty culture, and we need to look at everything we can do to safeguard our people.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/mcchrystal-backs-gun-restrictions-85888.html#ixzz2HOX3ATKP

When guns are outlawed, only criminals will guns....criminals like the Taliban, AQ and Drug Cartels who use their firearms to control the masses.

Dusty
01-08-2013, 09:03
"They" (progressives) want all guns confiscated. Anybody with any intellect knows that won't work.

The House should pass a bill mandating CCW for all teachers. That won't work, either, but- how many kids would have been saved in that school if any of the teachers were packing heat?

Why can't lib idiots realize, if only from history, that disarming a free citizenry won't fracking work?

It disappoints me to see a uniformed Service member fall for that crap.

mark46th
01-08-2013, 09:49
Sounds like he wants to run for public office.

JimP
01-08-2013, 11:18
Guys- I've told you before, I worked with this guy - he ain't a conservative!!! I could tell a couple of stories but then I'd have to put myself on double-secret probation and stamp my meal card: "No Dessert".

bjm300
01-08-2013, 11:43
If he keeps this liberal rhetoric up, he could end up hosting a second rate tv show with a bunch of d-list celebrities...

Bordercop
01-08-2013, 12:24
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2080115798001/exclusive-mcchrystal-speaks-out-on-rolling-stone-article/

This clown was on the Hannity Show and admitted he voted for the current POTUS.

That's all I need to know about his politics.

OldNCranky
01-08-2013, 14:20
I guess the Gen. conveniently forgot that even Iraqi's and Afghans were/are allowed one each AK-47 (full/semi auto) with a couple of loaded 30 rnd (OMG…… high capacity magazines) in their homes for self defense.......:p

Dozer523
01-08-2013, 14:34
I guess the Gen. conveniently forgot that even Iraqi's and Afghans were/are allowed one each AK-47 (full/semi auto) with a couple of loaded 30 rnd (OMG…… high capacity magazines) in their homes for self defense.......:p
That and disbanding the Iraqi Army were "master strokes"

Dusty
01-08-2013, 14:54
That and disbanding the Iraqi Army were "master strokes"

In the guy's defense, he only gets 4 hours of sleep a night and one meal a day. :D

MR2
01-08-2013, 16:56
If he keeps this liberal rhetoric up, he could end up hosting a second rate tv show with a bunch of d-list celebrities...

We should see if the gay duck is available...

Surgicalcric
01-08-2013, 17:17
I refuse to have a serious discussion about firearms restrictions until we discuss the violence that is glorified in Hollywood, video games, books, etc...

As far as McCrystal, he continues to do what is good for his political career - I am not surprised by this.

Crip

Dusty
01-08-2013, 17:34
I refuse to have a serious discussion about firearms restrictions until we discuss the violence that is glorified in Hollywood, video games, books, etc...

As far as McCrystal, he continues to do what is good for his political career - I am not surprised by this.

Crip

Hey!

Does my heart good to see that avatar. :cool:

Ambush Master
01-08-2013, 18:07
If you haven't heard this Congressional Testimony before, from Suzanna Gratia Hupp a survivor of the Luby's Cafeteria Shooting in Killeen, Texas, it is a must hear!!! Watch the looks on the Congressmen's faces and as she goes on how they collectively slump and hang their heads!!! She verbally STOMPED a mudhole in their asses!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

CDRODA396
01-08-2013, 18:21

Close, he has a book just released, so he's doing what's good for his writing career...face time in the media for anything while the ink is still wet.

Box
01-08-2013, 18:22
Didnt that guy get fired not long ago?

Stiletto11
01-08-2013, 18:48
I guess he forgot he took an oath, but then again, he is unemployed and may be seeking a cabinet position in the Regime. Maybe his rucksack is in the hall?

SF18C
01-08-2013, 19:27
I worked for him too in his JSOC years…to be honest, at first, I felt that he was a bit of egomaniac…but I wrote it off to being a General. After I went Iraq and saw how he worked there, I did have respect for his work ethic, intellect and diligence. I saw him multiple times talk to lower enlisted folks like real people. He did look me in the eye when we talked, he shook my hand like a man and truly listened to me whenever I briefed him. I did, do and will respect him for that.

Lately he seems to be a sellout, saying what ever gets him print/face time…needs to sell that book!

In my heart, I know he won’t come for my guns…but I have been wrong about folks before.

SGT.Gardner
01-08-2013, 20:59
Close, he has a book just released, so he's doing what's good for his writing career...face time in the media for anything while the ink is still wet.

maybe if i take his book to the Seattle gun buy back program i could get 200 buck's for handing it over. then i could use the money to go by ammo.

bjm300
01-08-2013, 21:26
If you haven't heard this Congressional Testimony before, from Suzanna Gratia Hupp a survivor of the Luby's Cafeteria Shooting in Killeen, Texas, it is a must hear!!! Watch the looks on the Congressmen's faces and as she goes on and how they collectively slump and hang their heads!!! She verbally STOMPED a mudhole in their asses!!

One of the best arguments for the second amendment I've ever heard.

Go Devil
01-09-2013, 04:39
Maybe there is a place for him somewhere in the TSA or Homeland Security.

ImagesNC
01-09-2013, 08:39
Thought I'd ad this.

Found here: http://2ndamendmentdebate.com/?p=172 Addresses McChrystal's views on gun ownership.

Oh I don’t know – How about the little gang banging drug dealer that couldn’t give two shits what law is passed. How are you planning on getting the gun from him? What about the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS others like him?

What’s YOUR plan? Quit demanding plans from lawful gun owners and come up with something on your own you morons.

As far as assault rifles not being on the street goes? Stanley McChrystal is someone I served under in Afghanistan and any respect I had for the man is gone. He is a hypocrite! I have heard the man talk about his personal collection he had.

General I invite you to be the one to knock on my door and demand my assault rifles. I’d love to sit down and talk to you about your personal views and then invite you to leave my home EMPTY HANDED.

I am just so sick and tired of people trying to disarm LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS yet NOBODY has had a plan to disarm the criminals!

JimP
01-09-2013, 08:39
18C - if you worked with him downrange, than you recall what he did when Senator Levin came through. That was a moment of supreme idiocy and we were still answering questions about it years later. The man WAS a warrior, he DID treat his folks well, BUT he was also a BIG lib who thought he was a member of "the cool kids crowd" in DC. Turns out, he forgot what fellow-travelers do to you when they can gain benefit by tossing you under the bus. He can suck eggs.

SF18C
01-09-2013, 13:02
18C - if you worked with him downrange, than you recall what he did when Senator Levin came through. That was a moment of supreme idiocy and we were still answering questions about it years later. The man WAS a warrior, he DID treat his folks well, BUT he was also a BIG lib who thought he was a member of "the cool kids crowd" in DC. Turns out, he forgot what fellow-travelers do to you when they can gain benefit by tossing you under the bus. He can suck eggs.

JIMP...I think the Levin thing was AFG and a few years after I was in Iraq (2006/7-ish). So I don't know what happened but I agree with your "cool kids" assessment. I will go back to my corner and reassess my thoughts.

JimP
01-09-2013, 14:38
Nope - it was Iraq. I was there when he was there but worked on the other side of the wooden wall.

Wiseman
01-09-2013, 17:56
He was on the Daily Show last night.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-8-2013/exclusive---stanley-mcchrystal-extended-interview-pt--1

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-8-2013/exclusive---stanley-mcchrystal-extended-interview-pt--2

incommin
01-09-2013, 19:05
The General stated that he spent a career carrying an M-4 or M-16......anybody know of any officer from Major up that carried a long gun?

Dusty
01-09-2013, 19:15
The General stated that he spent a career carrying an M-4 or M-16......anybody know of any officer from Major up that carried a long gun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjy7FeD38Gg

Box
01-09-2013, 19:18

They all "carry" long guns...
...but well over 90% of them carry it like it is a briefcase, and they let their aid care for it. If the shit hit the fan, the first five minutes would be spent trying to figure out which screen in the TOC has the 'pred-feed'

Then the conversation would go like this:
....wait, where the fuck is the screen with the video?
...holy fuck, where is the bunker?

Just my observation.

Dusty
01-09-2013, 19:20
...but well over 90% of them carry it like it is a briefcase, and they let their aid care for it. If the shit hit the fan, the first five minutes would be spent trying to figure out which screen in the TOC has the 'pred-feed'

Just my observation.

lol That was hilarious! :D

Cobwebs
01-10-2013, 13:05
She is one strong woman and never so much as shed a tear while recounting her harrowing ordeal. I know my eyes welled up listening to her. Thanks for sharing this.If you haven't heard this Congressional Testimony before, from Suzanna Gratia Hupp a survivor of the Luby's Cafeteria Shooting in Killeen, Texas, it is a must hear!!! Watch the looks on the Congressmen's faces and as she goes on how they collectively slump and hang their heads!!! She verbally STOMPED a mudhole in their asses!!

Utah Bob
01-10-2013, 17:37
"They" (progressives) want all guns confiscated.

Why can't lib idiots realize, if only from history, that disarming a free citizenry

Because they are, as you succinctly point out, idiots.
:rolleyes:
Apologies if I've offended any idiots.

Utah Bob
01-10-2013, 17:40

Just my observation.

I think I wet meself!:D